John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I find the term 'reprobate' has a peculiar tingle to those who assume themselves 'pious' or 'saints', as it arouses their religious sensations titillating them to new heights, especially those who feel God needs to damn a group he's elected, to somehow glorify himself or prove his justice.

You cant prove your prefered religious 'book' is the word of 'God', however thats been canonized or doctored by human writers. At best you can use your own conscience and intellect to discern what is true or false as pertains true religious morals, ethic and princple and go by the way of wisdom. However when a 'doctrine' or 'dogma' violates reason, defies logic, and desecrates love...it is to be discarded by all that is good and holy.
I can prove the Bible

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Exposing the 'god' of Calvinism........

Exposing the 'god' of Calvinism........

Continuing our video series from here,....Dr. Jerry L Walls exposes the major flaws in Calvinism, that no logically coherent or morally conscious person can deny or explain away.

:thumb:

Last edited:

fishrovmen

If God predestinated one person to hell he would be unjust.

God does nothing outside of his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature. This is why we can trust and believe in him. It is not possible for anyone to trust in a God that condemns people to hell before they are born. I question your salvation.

You have a habit of not only questioning, but declaring other people's salvation, but do you ever once stop long enough to think about your own?
I think that there are many, including myself on TOL who care more about your "salvation" than you do.

Robert Pate

Banned
You have a habit of not only questioning, but declaring other people's salvation, but do you ever once stop long enough to think about your own?
I think that there are many, including myself on TOL who care more about your "salvation" than you do.

My salvation is based upon the doing and the dying of Jesus. My salvation is secure because it is in heaven at the right hand of God. Where is your salvation?

beloved57

My salvation is based upon the doing and the dying of Jesus. My salvation is secure because it is in heaven at the right hand of God. Where is your salvation?

Your salvation is based on your saviour your own freewill. You reach that many Christ did for and died for perish lost in their sins !

zzub

BANNED
Banned
I can prove the Bible

Why then are you a Calvinist ?

1 Peter 2:13, 1 Tim2:4, Rom 5:18 prove that made made dogma - calvinism - is wrong. Why do you not read what the Bible actually says?

Ears to hear, eyes to see. Perhaps you are predestined not to have these. The seed thrown on rocky ground - grows and flourishes for a season, but then dies back - Ie a believer believing he is saved but then falls away (supposedly predestined by God though this notion is not found in the Bible). This is Calvinism, the destroyer of Assurance.

lazaros

What is most problematic for me about 'double predestination' is the eternity of punishment. How is this justifiable given that we are finite beings to begin with? Buddhism has no such extremes in its eschatology.
The images in The Apocalypse, are just that, images.

Robert Pate

Banned
What is most problematic for me about 'double predestination' is the eternity of punishment. How is this justifiable given that we are finite beings to begin with? Buddhism has no such extremes in its eschatology.
The images in The Apocalypse, are just that, images.

Are you a Buddhist?

lazaros

What is a Buddhist? Or for that matter, a Christian? I have a Bachelor's degree in theology, was a monk for two years, have been a church organist in all mainstream denominations for my whole adult life, and have been writing and publishing theology online (gratis) for 3.5 decades - so I think Im probably a Christian.

But where theology is -for me at least now - is, most interestingly, at the crossroads of 'interfaith'. I see this as the most outstanding theological issue to have arisen in the last century.

And yourself?

Robert Pate

Banned
What is a Buddhist? Or for that matter, a Christian? I have a Bachelor's degree in theology, was a monk for two years, have been a church organist in all mainstream denominations for my whole adult life, and have been writing and publishing theology online (gratis) for 3.5 decades - so I think Im probably a Christian.

But where theology is -for me at least now - is, most interestingly, at the crossroads of 'interfaith'. I see this as the most outstanding theological issue to have arisen in the last century.

And yourself?

I have been a Christian since 1969. I had to go through the religious gammit before I learned the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. It was then that my religious chains fell off and I joined the human race.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The unregenerates are curious about regenerates. We're a mystery to him

Robert Pate

Banned
The unregenerates are curious about regenerates. We're a mystery to him

It is no mystery to me.

You have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith and have embraced the doctrine of a heretic.

Because of your rejection of Christ and his Gospel you are eternally doomed.

Robert Pate

Banned
Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Making yourself a hypocrite by trying to keep the law is not very victorious.

We are victorious only in Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

Making yourself a hypocrite by trying to keep the law is not very victorious.

We are victorious only in Jesus Christ.

Prove it that I say we should keep the old law. Prove it now or it will be shown that you speak lies.

A lie is something deliberate. So if you say something by mistake, there is no problem with that as long as you now either back it up with proof or apologize. Do you want to be a liar? Prove I preach the old law now.

Status
Not open for further replies.