ECT John 8:56 KJV-To what "day" was the Lord Jesus Christ referring?

john w

Hall of Fame
John 8 KJV

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

To what day was the Saviour pointing?What "day"was Abraham "rejoiced to see"? The Lord Jesus Christ tells us in Mt. 25:31 KJV:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory..."

Abraham was looking to "that day" when the covenants with him would be fulfilled in the Lord Jesus Christ when He returns to earth in glory.

The Lord Jesus Christ's throne will be on earth.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Lord Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God, therefore He is currently on God the Fathers's throne. The Lord Jesus Christ, in effect, is in exile until He returns in wrath and power. He will not be on His own throne until His return to earth to reclaim His earthly kingdom, and the Deuteronomy 11:21 KJV "as the days of heaven upon the earth" are fulfilled. That's when the Lord Jesus Christ sets His feet back on the Mount of Olives, as the angel in Acts 1 KJV indicates-the same way He left.

Show me where it says in Scripture that the Lord Jesus Christ is sitting on David's throne, or on his throne, in heaven right now? He's in the third heaven all right, but not on David's throne, as David's throne was on earth*, nor is He on his throne-He is on the right side of God the Father, on the Father's throne**:

*Luke 1:32 KJV He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

**Revelation 3:21 KJV To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Note the order in Mt. 25:31 KJV and when this verse is fulfilled. The Lord Jesus Christ has to return to earth "in his glory." Accompanying him will be "all the holy angels." Neither of these has yet to occur. "Then" He shall "sit upon his throne of glory." Is "then" other than a time word indicating future? Could "His throne of glory" be David's throne? Or does Christ have another throne, besides David's throne? And where is this "throne of glory?" Since the Lord Jesus Christ is coming to earth, it must therefore be on earth. From there he will judge the nations as the following verses in Mt. 25 indicate.

Regarding the throne, Christ made a promise to His disciples that, “In the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel”-Mt. 19:28 KJV. Amillennialists would have us believe this refers to the Lord Jesus Christ sitting at the right hand of God. If this is true, then the twelve must have been seated with Him at that time on their thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. But we know that at the time the twelve were hiding behind locked doors or were in prison. Therefore, if the Lord Jesus Christ’s promise is to be fulfilled, it will be sometime in the future. Premillennialists understand the “regeneration” to refer to that time of renewal and restoration spoken of by all the OT prophets. This is referred to as the Messianic or millennial kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalm 2:6 KJV Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Last edited:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
His enemies are not yet His footstool. Psalm 110:1 (KJV)

The Father isn't done yet.:Clete:

elohiym

1 Corinthians 15:25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

He is presently reigning while His enemies are being put under His feet.

Danoh

1 Corinthians 15:25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

He is presently reigning while His enemies are being put under His feet.

This as things get worse...and worse...

Someone sold you some poorly mixed Kool Aid...

Interplanner

This as things get worse...and worse...

Someone sold you some poorly mixed Kool Aid...

However, more people are now in better shape medically, nutritionally, politically, socially, than at any previous time since the Deluge. Most of these things have come about due to the influence of the Christian mission, even though the major media channels deny that.

Last year in the film industry, 'faith-based' was not even a category in one of the main script material archives which producers search. It is now.

Of course, there is some waste that doesn't count, like a Trump putting himself in the category Christian like Cruz. Or young people thinking that environmental actions are on the same level as personal morality.

Bradley D

glad.”

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:57-58).

"I Am" is God. Christ is going back to the days of Abraham. Telling the Religious Leaders who he was. Which of greatly upset them.

Interplanner

God showed Abraham the day of Christ, because Abraham believed upon Him for righteousness. There are lines to draw between dots of course, but Gal 3 and Rom 4 say those dots really are there.

Danoh

glad.”

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:57-58).

"I Am" is God. Christ is going back to the days of Abraham. Telling the Religious Leaders who he was. Which of greatly upset them.

He is claiming He IS the God of Israel that had promised Abraham a Holy people and a Holy city...

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 3:17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Interplanner

He is claiming He IS the God of Israel that had promised Abraham a Holy people and a Holy city...

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 3:17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Heb 11 is a miniature Bible in the sense that the paragraph you quoted is how the OT feels, while at the end there is a blanket statement that none of them recieved what was promised (even the ones who got Canaan and Jerusalem). Because those things were a shadow of the reality that was coming in Christ, which is an overarching theme in Hebrews, and which is why it goes on (in the next chapters) to mention the true city above and its mountain, and which is why Col 2 (Paul) also says those things were a shadow vs the reality in Christ to the neo-Judaism of its region.

iamaberean

John 8 KJV

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

The Lord Jesus Christ's throne will be on earth.

You say.

Jesus says:
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Interplanner

If John W means the NHNE, fine. But there is no 'theocracy' coming to modern Israel nor does there need to be in the doctrines of NT eschatology.

NT eschatology is either about 1st century Judea and judgement on Israel, or is about the worldwide judgement of God at the end of time which has not yet taken place.

If these two are mixed or anachronized, there is confusion, darkness and contradiction.

john w

Hall of Fame
You say.

Jesus says:
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Fraud.

Interplanner

Going by the letter to Hebrews, we can even say that a theocracy is explicitly not going to happen. (There could be no theocracy in Judaism without the complete operation of the worship system in Judea. It does not set up 'kingdom zones' around the world.)

john w

Hall of Fame
I wonder what 'rulz will do when Peter says to him, "you are in my seat, this party is for Israel".

Look at all relevant verses without a wrong paradigm.Try a good commentary that will interpret these verses consistent with all relevant verses vs twisting out of context with a poor interpretation.