John 20:28 and the Trinity

Apple7

nice try
it does not say how satan hindered Paul but it does who hindered Paul & that was satan

Clearly and irrefutably says Satan hindered us

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

now here it says a messenger of satan not satan

As already shown, context shows the hindering to be performed through the Jews.

Keep denying context.

2Co 12:7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.

A messenger of Satan is a demon.

Thanks for proving my position time and again!

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
The original Greek was one continuous stream of characters without punctuation.

Try again....:dunce:

quoted from another discussion board:

"What is the rule governing the sentence structure of a question in Koine Greek?"

"Context." is the response, not "Greek has no sentence structure".

Just because there are no question marks, spaces or periods does not mean Koine didn't have sentences.

Try again, troll.:troll:

Last edited:

Apple7

quoted from another discussion board:

"What is the rule governing the sentence structure of a question in Koine Greek?"

"Context."

Just because there are no question marks, spaces or periods does not mean Koine didn't have sentences.

Try again, troll.:troll:

The Greek of the NT is referred to as 'NT Greek' by scholars, not koine.

Further, 'context' is not a rule of Greek grammar.

Start stealing your replies from other websites...

way 2 go

As already shown, context shows the hindering to be performed through the Jews.

Keep denying context.
wasn't the Jews
1Th 2:14 For you, brothers, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea. For you suffered the same things from your own countrymen as they did from the Jews,

Clearly you can't refute it saying "Satan hindered us"

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

A messenger of Satan is a demon.

Thanks for proving my position time and again!

your position is just a mix of lies & truth just like the JW's

when the word clearly says one thing you immediately go into spin cycle
trying to explain how your interpretation is true & what is clearly written is a lie

:kookoo:

Apple7

wasn't the Jews
1Th 2:14 For you, brothers, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea. For you suffered the same things from your own countrymen as they did from the Jews,

Clearly you can't refute it saying "Satan hindered us"

your position is just a mix of lies & truth just like the JW's

when the word clearly says one thing you immediately go into spin cycle
trying to explain how your interpretation is true & what is clearly written is a lie

:kookoo:

Most interesting how you had to CUT-OUT verses 15 -17 because it does NOT fit with your theology.

Please show some respect for the Word of God.

way 2 go

Most interesting how you had to CUT-OUT verses 15 -17 because it does NOT fit with your theology.

Please show some respect for the Word of God.

I do respect the Word of God notice how I am the one believing what it says "but Satan hindered us. "

and you are the spin doctor trying to tell everyone do not believe the Word of God it was not satan :kookoo:

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
The Greek of the NT is referred to as 'NT Greek' by scholars, not koine.
It is referred to as both, so you can stop lying now.

Further, 'context' is not a rule of Greek grammar.
It can be, but whether it is or isn't is irrelevant. Conditional sentences and nonconditional sentences are part of Greek, and the way Greek is written (scripta continua) can't change that.

Start stealing your replies from other websites...
It isn't theft, moron.

Apple7

I do respect the Word of God notice how I am the one believing what it says "but Satan hindered us. "

and you are the spin doctor trying to tell everyone do not believe the Word of God it was not satan :kookoo:

Again, you completely ignore the context that verses 15 - 17 supply.

The verses that you don't like, and that you completely removed, tell you plainly that the obstruction of Satan came about THROUGH the Jews....NOT Satan himself.

No statement was ever made that Satan was there in person.

Make it a New Year's resolution of yours to start employing CONTEXT.

Apple7

It is referred to as both, so you can stop lying now.

Not by scholars who know better.

It can be, but whether it is or isn't is irrelevant. Conditional sentences and nonconditional sentences are part of Greek, and the way Greek is written (scripta continua) can't change that.

It isn't theft, moron.

Make it a New Year's resolution of yours to STOP stealing your replies from the web....and, if you do, at least show a verifiable reference for your googled fodder..

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koine_Greek --

"Koine Greek (UK: /ˈkɔɪniː/,[1] US: /kɔɪˈneɪ, ˈkɔɪneɪ, kiːˈniː/),[2][3] also known as Alexandrian dialect, common Attic, Hellenistic or Biblical Greek, was the common supra-regional form of Greek spoken and written during the Hellenistic period, the Roman Empire, and the early Byzantine Empire, or late antiquity.[citation needed]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koine_Greek_grammar

Syntax[edit]
The following changes occur in syntax:
ἵνα ("that") is now used for "[with the result] that...", "[he said] that", and command forms, offering an alternative for (but not quite replacing) the accusative and infinitive construction.
some prepositions are used more where case declension makes this strictly redundant in Attic
pronouns are supplied more where the sense is still clear without them
diminutives are used more often, but also do not always carry any diminutive meaning. This is particularly true in Jewish texts, e.g. "[little] wing of the temple"
conjunctions are used with differing frequencies from natural Greek. For example, the ratio of καί to δέ at the beginning of sentences is higher, influenced by Semitic languages.
τότε 'then' as a common narrative conjunction reflects Aramaic influence from the Second Temple period (5th century BCE to 1st century CE).

Apple7

Go ahead quote scholars who believe this then. I don't think you have a case.

The leading Greek scholars of today, Dr. Bart Ehrman and Dr. Daniel Wallace both refer to Biblical Greek as NT Greek, because it is unlike any other.

You, however, don't know, so you land on the very first page of google, and then you copy-paste from a 'wiki' - which can be edited by anyone with a pulse and an internet link.

Not impressed...

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
The leading Greek scholars of today, Dr. Bart Ehrman and Dr. Daniel Wallace both refer to Biblical Greek as NT Greek, because it is unlike any other.
That it is the same thing as Koine Greek is consensus. Wallace and Ehrman who is an agnostic don't deny this.

You, however, don't know, so you land on the very first page of google, and then you copy-paste from a 'wiki' - which can be edited by anyone with a pulse and an internet link.
Not true. An author can lock their pages with certain wiki security measures.

Not impressed...
I am not either, but you have said Greek has no sentences, which is utterly wrong. It has no punctuation. Why can't you tell the difference?:think:

way 2 go

Again, you completely ignore the context that verses 15 - 17 supply.

The verses that you don't like, and that you completely removed, tell you plainly that the obstruction of Satan came about THROUGH the Jews....NOT Satan himself.

No statement was ever made that Satan was there in person.

Make it a New Year's resolution of yours to start employing CONTEXT.
you can yell context all you want but that will not change the fact that yet
again you completely ignore the statement that says "but Satan hindered us. "

you are letting your pet doctrine blind you and while trying to lead the blind out of their blindness :kookoo:
everyone including the JW's can see your blindness
just like you & I can see the JW's blindness
you need to let it go if you want to help them

Mat 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Mat 15:14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

Apple7

That it is the same thing as Koine Greek is consensus. Wallace and Ehrman who is an agnostic don't deny this.

They refer to Biblical Greek as NT Greek, rather than Koine, because it is different.

Deal with it...

Not true. An author can lock their pages with certain wiki security measures.

Again...

Anyone with a pulse and an internet link can modify a 'wiki'.

Wiki's are for people, like yourself, who are too busy to do research themselves...

I am not either, but you have said Greek has no sentences, which is utterly wrong. It has no punctuation. Why can't you tell the difference?:think:

Biblical manuscripts are written as a continuous stream of characters WITHOUT punctuation of any sort.

You probably already googled it, and were found wanting..

Apple7

you can yell context all you want but that will not change the fact that yet
again you completely ignore the statement that says "but Satan hindered us. "

you are letting your pet doctrine blind you and while trying to lead the blind out of their blindness :kookoo:
everyone including the JW's can see your blindness
just like you & I can see the JW's blindness
you need to let it go if you want to help them

Mat 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Mat 15:14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

You've already repeated your same lame excuse for ignoring the context of God's Word, three times...care to go for a fourth?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
They refer to Biblical Greek as NT Greek, rather than Koine, because it is different.
A different form of Koine.

Deal with it...
Evidently you can't.

Again...

Anyone with a pulse and an internet link can modify a 'wiki'.
You lie.

Biblical manuscripts are written as a continuous stream of characters WITHOUT punctuation of any sort.

You probably already googled it, and were found wanting..
Again, no punctuation does not mean no sentences. I always knew about the punctuation, but you are the retard that thinks sentences can't exist without punctuation.

Apple7

Again, no punctuation does not mean no sentences. I always knew about the punctuation, but you are the retard that thinks sentences can't exist without punctuation.

Show us a 'sentence' in the original Greek manuscripts.

Oh...and good luck!