Jews And Gentiles Same Goal

Rosenritter

Communicating some point of doctrine is NOT the same as preaching the Gospel.

Funny you should say that, considering I've been asking people left on right who flock to the "Mid Acts Sensationalism" banner to plainly state both of their gospels for a couple weeks now, and they are unable to define their meanings: some items come out, then when they are shown to blend together there's a retreat into silence and no more is forthcoming. They seem neither able to preach or communicate.

Passing jabs and insults without content though, nonsense one-liners, that seems to be a specialty. I'm getting rather tired of it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Funny you should say that, considering I've been asking people left on right who flock to the "Mid Acts Sensationalism" banner to plainly state both of their gospels for a couple weeks now, and they are unable to define their meanings: some items come out, then when they are shown to blend together there's a retreat into silence and no more is forthcoming. They seem neither able to preach or communicate.

Passing jabs and insults without content though, nonsense one-liners, that seems to be a specialty. I'm getting rather tired of it.

I said
lol Get used to it, they have been doing that to me for years. They criticize with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

Jerry Shugart

I've been asking people left on right who flock to the "Mid Acts Sensationalism" banner to plainly state both of their gospels for a couple weeks now, and they are unable to define their meanings

I have told you more than once but it is obviously way above your understanding.

The "good news" that was first preached to the Jews is the fact thar Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And those who believed that gospel were saved (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The "good news" which was first preached to the Gentiles is centered on the fact that Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead. And those who believed that gospel were saved (1Cor.15:1-5).

Simple!!! But for some reason you cannot understand these simple facts!

Right Divider

Body part
RD is acting like he has been dropped on his head once too many times.
Looks like the Holy Spirit has gifted you with love and respect.

Preaching by necessity communicates (in spite of his objections) and the gospel has had many different people communicating to each other all over the world back and forth as to its elements and applications. Someone going up to talk to another is no proof of a "different" gospel.
No one is denying that preaching is a form of communication. This is simply a distraction on your part.

Paul was NOT sent to the leadership in Jerusalem to preach the gospel TO THEM. They already had a gospel that THEY were preaching to the people there.

If Paul's gospel that he preached among the gentiles was IDENTICAL to theirs, there would have been NO point in communicating it to them!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have told you more than once but it is obviously way above your understanding.

The "good news" that was first preached to the Jews is the fact thar Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And those who believed that gospel were saved (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The "good news" which was first preached to the Gentiles is centered on the fact that Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead. And those who believed that gospel were saved (1Cor.15:1-5).

I said
This is what I dont understand about your position and why you cant make the connection. Everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables. Everything the apostles spoke was in the milk understanding. And the Holy Spirit was the only one who could take them into the meat understanding. And man was from the beginning of His ministry giving man the good news in portions. Jesus gave a portion, the apostles gave a portion, and the Holy Spirit gave the rest. But it was all the gospel in portions.

Jerry Shugart

If Paul's gospel that he preached among the gentiles was IDENTICAL to theirs, there would have been NO point in communicating it to them!

EXACTLY!

He had already been with other Apostles where one gospel was being preached (Acts 9:27-29) so there would be no reason at all to even speak of the gospel which he preached to the Gentiles if that gospel was the same one which he preached with the other Apostles earlier.

Rosenritter

Jerry, we already covered this ground. I demonstrated that the Jews were also preached that Christ died from our sins and was raised from the dead, and that the Gentiles also believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. That squelched any assumption that there was any difference between these groups or that they had different gospels.

Rosenritter

Looks like the Holy Spirit has gifted you with love and respect.

I am hoping that you quickly recover from your injury.

I take it that you have never attended a church where they have invited a guest speaker?

Rosenritter

That is ridiculous!

No more ridiculous than Matthew and Mark.

Matthew 13:34-35 KJV
(34) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
(35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Mark 4:33-34 KJV
(33) And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
(34) But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

Right Divider

Body part
I am hoping that you quickly recover from your injury.
Insults don't injure me.

I take it that you have never attended a church where they have invited a guest speaker?
Just another attempted DIVERSION on your part.... I'll stick with facts and truth.

Paul was NOT a "guest speaker"... He was NOT "invited". He was sent BY REVELATION (that means that God sent him) to communicate to them THAT GOSPEL that he preached among the gentiles. THEY did not know what THAT gospel was. It had NOT been REVEALED to them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No more ridiculous than Matthew and Mark.

Matthew 13:34-35 KJV
(34) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
(35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Mark 4:33-34 KJV
(33) And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
(34) But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

I said
You must know the Holy Spirit.

glorydaz

Insults don't injure me.

Just another attempted DIVERSION on your part.... I'll stick with facts and truth.

Paul was NOT a "guest speaker"... He was NOT "invited". He was sent BY REVELATION (that means that God sent him) to communicate to them THAT GOSPEL that he preached among the gentiles. THEY did not know what THAT gospel was. It had NOT been REVEALED to them.

"Retreat into silence", you say? I have been watching all the proofs offered to you, and it's you that does the blending......you act like you're a total simpleton. I'm convinced you're not a simpleton, so I'm left to believe you are too darn proud to listen, and admit your lack of understanding.

I took the liberty of putting RD's words in yellow, above. Are you really so obstinate that you ignore this important fact? I submit you are....Absolutely OBSTINATE.

You do the same to me when I try to show you the difference between the law and grace. Jesus preached the Law before He went to the cross, and then after He had risen, He revealed the Gospel of Grace to PAUL. Paul then had to communicate that Gospel to the others. I've watched it being explained to you, but you pooh pooh it as if you knew better. You don't. You're missing it because of your silly pride. Shame on you.

Rosenritter

Insults don't injure me.

You're like a broken record, repeating and repeating, yet with the same broken message. Obviously Peter did have the same understanding, the problem was that maintained a different appearance because of sensitivity to what those from the Jewish traditions might think.

Galatians 2:11-12 KJV
(11) But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
(12) For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

The gospel of Jesus Christ unto Salvation and the Kingdom is a message of salvation unto eternal life. It applies equally to Jew and Gentile. All your posturing and attempting to split words to create a support where there is none does not change that fact.

Rosenritter

"Retreat into silence", you say? I have been watching all the proofs offered to you, and it's you that does the blending......you act like you're a total simpleton. I'm convinced you're not a simpleton, so I'm left to believe you are too darn proud to listen, and admit your lack of understanding.

I took the liberty of putting RD's words in yellow, above. Are you really so obstinate that you ignore this important fact? I submit you are....Absolutely OBSTINATE.

You do the same to me when I try to show you the difference between the law and grace. Jesus preached the Law before He went to the cross, and then after He had risen, He revealed the Gospel of Grace to PAUL. Paul then had to communicate that Gospel to the others. I've watched it being explained to you, but you pooh pooh it as if you knew better. You don't. You're missing it because of your silly pride. Shame on you.

Highlighting your fellow Sensationalists words in yellow don't make them gospel, and it doesn't make them correct or justified either.

glorydaz

Yep, let's see how many times you posted that very thing, shall we? :thumb:

Right Divider

Body part
You're like a broken record, repeating and repeating, yet with the same broken message. Obviously Peter did have the same understanding, the problem was that maintained a different appearance because of sensitivity to what those from the Jewish traditions might think.
:juggle:

Galatians 2:11-12 KJV
(11) But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
(12) For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
That has absolutely nothing to do with which GOSPELS that they were preaching.

Once AGAIN.... another CHILDISH attempt at distraction.

The gospel of Jesus Christ unto Salvation and the Kingdom is a message of salvation unto eternal life.
It's always amusing when someone thinks that they can win an argument by puffing up their words.

It applies equally to Jew and Gentile. All your posturing and attempting to split words to create a support where there is none does not change that fact.
Your opinions are only based on your opinions. ...Poof...