Jews And Gentiles Same Goal

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can you read? Galatians 2:7, Acts 2:38, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

I said
lolol Read it in context. One Jesus One gospel One Spirit working in both of them.

[Gal 2:7-8
[7] But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as [the gospel] for the circumcised [was] to Peter
[8] (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lolol Read it in context. One Jesus One gospel One Spirit working in both of them.

[Gal 2:7-8
[7] But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as [the gospel] for the circumcised [was] to Peter
[8] (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),

LOL yourself. You do not know how to rightly divide the Word.

Right Divider

Body part
From King James source text, communicate occurs in 4 verses, 6 if I include communicated. Preach occurs in 44 verses. If I expand "preach" to include preached, preaches, and preaching we are up to 134 verses. Since you are attaching significance to those numbers, why are yours different?
I was searching the Greek and not the English.

Point being, they are NOT the same thing.

If you are being picky about the word "communicate" and "preach' I will remind you that preaching implies communication. Preaching that does not communicate meaning is worthless. "Preach" includes εὐαγγελίζω and κηρύσσω: including to announce, declare, bring, herald, preach, proclaim, publish. Preaching is a form of communication. If you object to a synonym that "you communicate while there are people to hear" it seems that you are grasping at straws rather than substance.
Irrelevant. God sent Paul to COMMUNICATE to the leadership in Jerusalem and NOT to "preach" to them. If they were both preaching the "one true gospel", there would be no need for such a communication.

Substantiation, please. I've been asking over and over for substantiation, which has not been forthcoming from you or other representatives of your position.
I've given you substantiation, you just don't listen.

The same gospel is communicated to different audiences and one uses different approaches. One gospel with identical means and and identical end, just different starting points of understanding.
Substantiation please.

For consistency's sake, do you count God's message to Abraham that he would have a son as another gospel? If you are using different terms of reference to designate different gospels, do you also acknowledge fourteen different gospels within the New Testament? If the Sons of Zebedee had published "The Weekly Sun" would there be fifty-two different gospels every year?

Otherwise I don't see the New Testament writers making such a distinction. They consistently speak of the gospel, singular, not plural, and the only modern term for "gospels" means Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. But if you can show me how there are different messages called "the gospel" that have different means and a different end, I may be willing to grant the existence of "different" gospels.
Is the message to Abraham that he would have a son GOOD NEWS?
Is the message that Abraham would be the father of many nations GOOD NEWS?

Are those TWO "good news'" the IDENTICAL same "good news"? (Hint:no, they are not).

The gospel of the kingdom is the GOOD NEWS about the kingdom.
The gospel of the grace of God is the GOOD NEWS about the grace of God.

Etc., etc., etc.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hey Squeaky, you always post numerous Scripture verses, however, it would be rational/reasonable if you were to correlate those, same Scriptures into the 'point' you're trying to make. Now, doesn't that sound reasonable to you? (Most likely, NOT.)

I said
lol There is nothing reasonable about faith, or logic about the Word of God. Your reasonable is one of mans deceptions. There is no way of demonstrating the Holy Spirit by useing reason and logic.

[1Co 2:1-2, 4-7
[1] And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
[2] For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. ...
[4] And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
[5] that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
[6] However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden [wisdom] which God ordained before the ages for our glory,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hey Squeaky, you always post numerous Scripture verses, however, it would be rational/reasonable if you were to correlate those, same Scriptures into the 'point' you're trying to make. Now, doesn't that sound reasonable to you? (Most likely, NOT.)

I said
dont you know that in order to find the Holy Spirit one must purge their minds of reason and logic.

[1Co 5:7-8
[7] Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
[8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.
[Gal 5:9
[9] A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Rosenritter

I was searching the Greek and not the English.

Then your search was incorrect. You stated you were listing instances for "preach" which is an English word. If you are going to start an argument that depends on splitting hairs, you had best make sure you are at least accurate with your hair-splitting.

Irrelevant. God sent Paul to COMMUNICATE to the leadership in Jerusalem and NOT to "preach" to them. If they were both preaching the "one true gospel", there would be no need for such a communication.

Your allegation that Jerusalem was preaching "another gospel" needs substantiation, whereas you seem to be simply content to proceed on that assumption. Paul said that Peter was to be blamed, not because he had a different gospel, but because he was not being consistent in his behavior depending on whom he was with. Christians always have need for communication, that's what those that fear the LORD do, see Malachi 3:16.

I've given you substantiation, you just don't listen.

No, you are content to simply assume and you and others here keep throwing little two-bit jabs without substance. "So you say, but you are incorrect" is NOT "substantiation!" It's a meaningless retort devoid of sincere communication.

Substantiation please.

Please state what you are disputing. That the gospel of God (of Jesus, his Son, peace, grace, the Kingdom, etc) has identical means or identical ends? The means is faith and belief in God unto repentance through the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The end is eternal life.

Is the message to Abraham that he would have a son GOOD NEWS?
Is the message that Abraham would be the father of many nations GOOD NEWS?

Are those TWO "good news'" the IDENTICAL same "good news"? (Hint:no, they are not).

There are many things that would be good news. It was good news when Peter was set free from prison, but the scriptures never simply refers to "news that is good" as "the gospel." You know that is not the meaning of the term. "The gospel" is salvation unto eternal life.

The gospel of the kingdom is the GOOD NEWS about the kingdom.
The gospel of the grace of God is the GOOD NEWS about the grace of God.

Etc., etc., etc.

And the gospel of the kingdom is the gospel of the grace of God, as the grace of God is that we might enter into the Kingdom of his dear Son, and it is by that gospel that the Gentiles should also be saved by grace even as the Jews.

Colossians 1:12-14 KJV
(12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
(13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
(14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Acts 15:7-11 KJV
(7) And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
(8) And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
(9) And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
(10) Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(11) But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

If you wish to dispute something so basic as the meaning of the gospel, then please define your terms. Which gospel is NOT unto salvation and eternal life, for example?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I said
dont you know that in order to find the Holy Spirit one must purge their minds of reason and logic.

[1Co 5:7-8
[7] Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
[8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.
[Gal 5:9
[9] A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

How do those Scripture verses above say, "We must purge our minds of reason and logic? Ironically I say, what you said, makes no logical sense nor is it reasonable.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I said
lol There is nothing reasonable about faith, or logic about the Word of God. Your reasonable is one of mans deceptions. There is no way of demonstrating the Holy Spirit by useing reason and logic.

[1Co 2:1-2, 4-7
[1] And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
[2] For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. ...
[4] And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
[5] that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
[6] However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden [wisdom] which God ordained before the ages for our glory,

Communicating with you is equivalent to throwing a drowning man a glass of water.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do those Scripture verses above say, "We must purge our minds of reason and logic? Ironically I say, what you said, makes no logical sense nor is it reasonable.

Yeah, it's always comical when someone makes a statement of supposed reason or logic in order to defeat the use of reason and logic.

Pure reason and logic find their ultimate source in GOD Himself.

Blind leaps of faith apart from reason never connect with the true GOD.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Communicating with you is equivalent to throwing a drowning man a glass of water.

I said
The difference is in worshiping in the flesh(which is what you do) and worshiping in the Spirit is what I do.

WORSHIP IN SPIRIT

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Heb 9:8-9
8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience--
1 Pet 4:1-2
1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
1 Pet 3:14
14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled."
Heb 5:8
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
1 Pet 2:21
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 Tim 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
James 3:2
2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
Rom 8:5
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Heb 5:13-14
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
James 1:2-3
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Eph 1:13-14
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Heb 4:1-2
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
Heb 4:9-10
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Mark 9:1
1 And He said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power."
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Rom 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx Worship is to submit to without question. To worship in the Spirit is to submit to the Holy Spirit and every verse He gives you. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses. To worship in the flesh is when your emotions and human wisdom get in the way of your submission.

xxx Those who worship in the flesh justify their emotions, those who worship in the Spirit condemn their emotions.

Gal 6:7-8
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
(NKJ)

xxx Those who worship in the flesh and carnally minded only see the sins that happen outside the body. worshiping in the Spirit they must look at the sins that happen inside the body. inside their own body. Then they realize that the sins outside the body are only evidence of the sin that dwells within them.

[Phl 3:3
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Rom 7:4-6
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

Rom 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, it's always comical when someone makes a statement of supposed reason or logic in order to defeat the use of reason and logic.

I said
lol Do you even know what faith is?? I know you dont know who the Holy Spirit is. You still worship in the flesh.

WORSHIP IN THE FLESH
Col 2:18-19
18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.
Col 2:23
23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
Rom 8:8
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
ACT 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
Mark 7:8
8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do."
Mark 7:15
15 "There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man.
Heb 9:8-9
8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience--
Mark 7:20-23
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
Heb 7:5
5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham;
Rom 7:8
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
Heb 8:7
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
John 4:21
21 Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:23
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
1 Pet 2:8
8 and "A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
Mark 8:18-21
18 "Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
19 "When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?" They said to Him, "Twelve."
20 "And when I broke the seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of fragments did you take up?" And they said, "Seven."
21 So He said to them, "How is it you do not understand?"
Matt 16:12
12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Matt 23:1-2
1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples,
2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
1 Cor 3:17
17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
Mark 7:15
15 "There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man.
Mark 7:20
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Matt 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
Rom 9:8
8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
John 12:43
43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
James 3:10-11
10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.
11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?
James 3:13-15
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
Jude 1:19
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Rom 1:25
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
(NKJ)
xxxThe problem with worshiping in the flesh is worshiping according to your feelings and human wisdom. Those who use human wisdom and human logic miss the Spirit. The Spirit is only going to quote verses, so worshiping in the Spirit is walking according to the verses in your mind not according to human wisdom. The old testament people worshiped in the flesh. The new testament people are suppose to worship in the Spirit.

Rom 12:1-3

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
(NKJ)

xxx Those who worship in the flesh justify their emotions, those who worship in the Spirit condemn their emotions.

Only People Who Worship In The Flesh Believe Jesus Is God
On Ro 9
Paul is talking about having great sorrow and grief over those who worship in the flesh.According to the flesh he could even wish he were cut off from Christ. Because those who worship in the flesh believe that Christ came and that Christ is the eternally blessed God.But as Paul says they are not all Israel who are from Israel nor are they children of Abraham seed. Those who worship in the flesh and believe this are not children of God.
Rom 9:1-8
1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,
2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart.
3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh,
4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises;
5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.
6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "In Isaac your seed shall be called."
8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:7-8
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
(NKJ)

xxx Those who worship in the flesh and carnally minded only see the sins that happen outside the body. worshiping in the Spirit they must look at the sins that happen inside the body. inside their own body. Then they realize that the sins outside the body are only evidence of the sin that dwells within them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Amen, Steko