Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

clefty

You are taking that out of context and misinterpreting what Paul is referring to.

Ephesians 2:14-16
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:​

The "law of the commandments" that Paul was speaking about is not the law of Moses.

Paul is referring to the middle wall of partition being broken down.
On that middle wall of partition were warning inscriptions:

The Temple Warning inscription, also known as the Temple Balustrade inscription or the Soreg inscription[2], is an inscription that hung along the balustrade outside the Sanctuary of the Second Temple in Jerusalem. The inscription was a warning to pagan visitors to the temple not to proceed further. Both Greek and Latin inscriptions on the temple's balustrade served as warnings to pagan visitors not to proceed under penalty of death.
Original GreekTranslation
ΜΗΘΕΝΑ ΑΛΛΟΓΕΝΗ ΕΙΣΠΟ
ΡΕΥΕΣΘΑΙ ΕΝΤΟΣ ΤΟΥ ΠΕ
ΡΙ ΤΟ ΙΕΡΟΝ ΤΡΥΦΑΚΤΟΥ ΚΑΙ
ΠΕΡΙΒΟΛΟΥ ΟΣ Δ ΑΝ ΛΗ
ΦΘΗ ΕΑΥΤΩΙ ΑΙΤΙΟΣ ΕΣ
ΤΑΙ ΔΙΑ ΤΟ ΕΞΑΚΟΛΟΥ
ΘΕΙΝ ΘΑΝΑΤΟΝ
No stranger is to enter within the balustrade round the temple and enclosure.
Whoever is caught will be responsible to himself for his death, which will ensue.

Pic-2.jpg

The temple warning inscription above is located inside the Istanbul Archaeological Museum in Istanbul, Turkey. This stone marker was located in the outer court of the Jerusalem temple platform and warned Gentiles not to enter the inner court area of the temple on penalty of death. The inscription dates from the first century and would have been present in Jesus’ day. Compare Paul’s words in Ephesians 2:14—“For he is our peace, the one who made both groups into one and who destroyed the middle wall of partition, the hostility.”
Paul talked about peace between Jews and Gentiles at the same time he talked about reconciliation to God (cf. Ephesians 2:1-10). A literal barrier existed between Jews and Gentiles. In the Jerusalem temple was a series of concentric courts. The outer court was called the Court of the Gentiles. The Gentiles were allowed to go no further than that. Within it was the Court of Israel, and around that court a barrier included warnings that forbade Gentiles to cross the boundary and enter the temple proper. The rigid centuries-old distinction between Jews and Gentiles was symbolized by this barrier.​

The "the law of the commandments" that created the enmity was the warning of a death penalty for any Gentiles that would come closer to God by crossing the middle wall of partition.

Good work there...

clefty

If the law is still binding you should be keeping the Sabbath the way the Jews do.

You have no answer for that because you are ignorant of the law you supposedly uphold!

Bingo the main reason for all of this...

WWJD? Claims every Christian until I bring up sabbath then the wheels fall off and it’s grace alone...LOL

Sabbath was made for man not jews...

Epoisses

WWJD? Claims every Christian until I bring up sabbath then the wheels fall off and it’s grace alone...LOL

I'm not saying Christians should keep the Sabbath but of course that went over your head.

clefty

Hey, Pate-Is this alleged destroyed/abolished/non existing anymore/void unholy, not good, not spiritual law of God, according to you, reinstated, resurrected,raised from the dead, become "unabolished/undestroyed/un made void/re-existed," in the future?:

Zechariah 14 KJV
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Isaiah 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Micah 4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 66 KJV
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 24 KJV(during "The Great Trib")
1Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Revelation 12 KJV

7 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14 KJV

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

I think Robert will even reject the law to eat of the tree of life...

Epoisses

Read it again...and my post

The Sabbath along with the rest of the Law is abolished for believers who live by the endless grace of the gospel.

We're under GRACE today not LAW, how hard is that to figure out? Don't you want free stuff?

genuineoriginal

WWJD?
Jesus would (and DID) keep the Law as God intended it to be kept, including the laws of the Sabbath.

Isaiah 58:13-14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.​

genuineoriginal

The Sabbath along with the rest of the Law is abolished for believers who live by the endless grace of the gospel.

We're under GRACE today not LAW, how hard is that to figure out? Don't you want free stuff?
The law "thou shalt not steal" has not been abolished for believers.
The law "thou shalt not murder" has not been abolished for believers.
The law "thou shalt not commit adultery" has not been abolished for believers.

Just what "law" do you think has been abolished?

clefty

Sure...especially a day off after six daze of work...

You are just like Robert now...despite His instruction think NOT...and to pray the Sabbath would be kept in future times of trouble...the only Law of the 10 given specific instruction to pray it would be kept

Oh and Paul kept keeping it...says copy him as he copied Christ...just as BTW

hebrew 4:9 is clear sabbath keeping remains for His people...not just jews

Epoisses

The law "thou shalt not steal" has not been abolished for believers.
The law "thou shalt not murder" has not been abolished for believers.
The law "thou shalt not commit adultery" has not been abolished for believers.

Just what "law" do you think has been abolished?

Believers don't murder because Christ took away their hatred.

Believers don't commit adultery because Christ took away their lust.

Believers don't steal because Christ delivered them from greed.

and so on and so on.

clefty

WWJD?
Jesus would (and DID) keep the Law as God intended it to be kept, including the laws of the Sabbath.

Isaiah 58:13-14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.​

Yup

Most Christians are 9/10 obedient

clefty

The Sabbath was a shadow of resting in Christ 24/7.

God wants all your time not just one day.

Was a shadow? Read it again...Paul is clear sabbath IS a shadow...

He wants all our time? what only now? His people want one day rest...and He gave that to them

Again sabbath was made for man...nothing there about sabbath being made for pre cross man

Hey...woman was made for man too...you reject woman too?

genuineoriginal

Yup

Most Christians are 9/10 obedient
I think you are being too optimistic.
  1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
  4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
  5. Honour thy father and thy mother
  6. Thou shalt not kill
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
  8. Thou shalt not steal
  9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
  10. Thou shalt not covet (neighbour's house) Thou shalt not covet (neighbour's wife) Thou shalt not covet (neighbour's servants, animals, or anything else)

Epoisses

Was a shadow? Read it again...Paul is clear sabbath IS a shadow...

He wants all our time? what only now? His people want one day rest...and He gave that to them

Again sabbath was made for man...nothing there about sabbath being made for pre cross man

Hey...woman was made for man too...you reject woman too?

You're a law keeper who has left the gospel so not much can be done.

clefty

I think you are being too optimistic.
  1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
  4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
  5. Honour thy father and thy mother
  6. Thou shalt not kill
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
  8. Thou shalt not steal
  9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
  10. Thou shalt not covet (neighbour's house) Thou shalt not covet (neighbour's wife) Thou shalt not covet (neighbour's servants, animals, or anything else)

Ha yes...

Go ahead and cross off the 1st one too

They worship a God Who doesn’t care what day He is worshipped

Yah still does

john w

Hall of Fame
You are trying to use Old Testament scripture to make your point. There is a problem with that. The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished. We now have a New Testament and a new and living way. It is called "living by faith". We don't live according to the Old Testament, this is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not according to laws and rules that are found in the Old Testament.
What a moron....Observe, the deception. No, moron, these are passages, re. unfulfilled prophecy, you wicked deceiver, i.e., by definition, future events. And they all, in no uncertain terms, have the Psalms 111:7-8 KJV, Romans 7 good, just, holy, spiritual commandments, law of God in them.

And demonic Pate is now, on record, asserting that Genesis-Malachi,Matthew-John, at least up until the dbr, all "Old Testament scripture," are abolished, worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer:Hey, Pate-Is this alleged destroyed/abolished/non existing anymore/void unholy, not good, not spiritual law of God, according to you, reinstated, resurrected,raised from the dead, become "unabolished/undestroyed/un made void/re-existed," in the future?:

An no scripture asserts that the OC was abolished, demon, as I/others have shown you, as the feasts are part of the law, including Pentecost, and the law, including all the feasts, was/were observed "post cross."

You lied, again.

Tell us, Pate: What feasts, all part of the law, are yet to be fulfilled, in the future?

That alone refutes your satanic assertion that the law/OC no longer exist.

1 Peter 1 KJV

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Peter is quoting Leviticus 11:44 KJV, to tell his flock to be holy:

Lev. 11 KJV
44 For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Pate, to Peter: Peter, The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished, including Leviticus!!!! Stop!!!!.

You demon.

Last edited: