Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There you go again: changing the subject and trying to blame it on me again!

Stop ignoring what is said to you from the scripture and perhaps you will stop chasing yourself in circles like a dog chasing its own tail. This is why it is so exasperating even dealing with you because you ignore everything that is said and continue spouting the same things over and over again. What is the point in conversing with you when you are not actually conversing but simply repeating yourself, over and over again like a robot, without hearing anything that is said to you? There are four base level scripture passages quoted with what I said in the above post and they are simply that: the base introductory level passages which need to be studied with much more depth. Do you not think you need to study those things so that you might understand what I meant by what I said? I did not speak from and of myself. Moreover, as anyone else but you might easily see, what I said was not a change of subject but the same topic: my heavenly Father does not "know" evil. Same topic! :duh:

Study to show thyself approved. :idea:

Jerry Shugart

Neither Jesus nor Jehovah will literally stand on the Mt. of Olives. It is a metaphorical situation, merely highlighting the reality of Jehovah's interaction with the events on the Earth.

That is the tactic employed by those whose see that the Scriptures contradict their ideas. They just spiritualize away what is said. But what do you do with this prophecy:

"The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (JHWH), make straight the paths of our God"
(Isa.40:3; LXX).​

The Baptist sure thought that this prophecy would be fulfilled literally, saying the following:

"Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight"
(Mt.3:2-3).​

When the Baptist said "this is He that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias" he was clearly referring to JHWH. And the pronoun "He" was referring to the Lord Jesus.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
In order for your interpretation of Titus 2:13 to actually mean what you think it means, it would have to read thus.

while we wait for the blessed hope and appearing of the glories of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Yeah, that isn't happening. So back to the drawing board with you. You failed this question. Please try again.

King James Bible
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Where does one obtain a metaphorical license to freely interpret Scripture according to their own imagination?

Uh, some early church fathers worth their salt, interpreted the scriptures 'figuratively' when a mere literal interpretation was incoherent, illogical or untenable. Most rational folks follow suit :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Is Jehovah the only true God?

All true monotheists would agree there is only One Supreme DEITY, and that 'God' is one(echad). This 'God' has a 'Son', which is the begotten of God. What is 'begotten' is of the Begetter, naturally and relationally so, but that begotten personality or entity is NOT the Begetter, but a distinct offspring thereof.

Still no matter how you differentiate, divide, multiply, extend or personify the One God into other personality-expressions or individual entities,....God remains ONE ;) - God as the Original Monad (being the Universal Father)...retains his eternal primacy as the First Source and Center of all things and beings.

This Original Infinite ONE is incorporeal, being the life-source and sustainer of all personalities, in all their various forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.