Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nope these:

Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His Son...

A good son does not need laws and rules. He knows what is required of him and lives accordingly. He would never do anything to make his Father ashamed of him. If you need laws and rules you must be a rebel.

clefty

A good son does not need laws and rules. He knows what is required of him and lives accordingly.
lol...what is required is that he live in accordance to his father’s will which is to keep His house the way it is...dont add or detract...what is required is that he witness by how he lives to others that he is his Father’s son because he is more similar to his father not less...which means he does as his father does to keep the homestead going...

As if from infancy this boy did on instinct what the father wished...without training or a tutor...

And just because a bird flies on instinct or doesn’t comprehend how it does so doesn’t mean the law of gravity is not active...there it is silently testifying to the laws and rules of nature and flight and solid ground...

He would never do anything to make his Father ashamed of him.
with the the Law removed destroyed abrogated for him how could the son bring shame? The whole world would know he can do anything he wants now...

If you need laws and rules you must be a rebel.
yes I am a rebel...a rebel against mans traditions of do what thou willst...the way of the world and its father of lies who claims I dont need laws and rules...

Where others seek freedom and liberty...I seek to be enslaved to Him my Creator who made all and said do this and live...and gave a list of instructions...owner’s manual if you would...by which to live by and live more abundantly now...and in the future forever...

Robert Pate

Banned
lol...what is required is that he live in accordance to his father’s will which is to keep His house the way it is...dont add or detract...what is required is that he witness by how he lives to others that he is his Father’s son because he is more similar to his father not less...which means he does as his father does to keep the homestead going...

As if from infancy this boy did on instinct what the father wished...without training or a tutor...

And just because a bird flies on instinct or doesn’t comprehend how it does so doesn’t mean the law of gravity is not active...there it is silently testifying to the laws and rules of nature and flight and solid ground...

with the the Law removed destroyed abrogated for him how could the son bring shame? The whole world would know he can do anything he wants now...

yes I am a rebel...a rebel against mans traditions of do what thou willst...the way of the world and its father of lies who claims I dont need laws and rules...

Where others seek freedom and liberty...I seek to be enslaved to Him my Creator who made all and said do this and live...and gave a list of instructions...owner’s manual if you would...by which to live by and live more abundantly now...and in the future forever...

You are in bondage to the law and most likely will be judged by the law. If you need laws and rules you must be one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

clefty

You are in bondage to the law and most likely will be judged by the law. If you need laws and rules you must be one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

And you must be a Lawless one...Christ needs the Law to adopt you...but you reject the very thing that binds you...

Why the traumatic conversion...no law no matter...

Robert Pate

Banned
And you must be a Lawless one...Christ needs the Law to adopt you...but you reject the very thing that binds you...

Why the traumatic conversion...no law no matter...

You apparently don't believe Paul. Physically, I am the Chief of sinners, 1 Timothy 1:15. Spiritually, I am seated in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

Chances are that you don't understand any of that.

marhig

A good son does not need laws and rules. He knows what is required of him and lives accordingly. He would never do anything to make his Father ashamed of him. If you need laws and rules you must be a rebel.

How do you know what is required of you to do?

And of course we live by God's laws, why would Paul say, do we make void the law through faith, no we establish the law? And that the laws are written in our hearts and in our minds if, we don't need any laws?

And why did Jesus obey the law and be a perfect example for us to follow if we don't need any laws?

The laws are for the lawless which is what we were without Christ. Now those born of God have the Spirit teaching them right from wrong daily, and guiding us in all truth and he won't be teaching us to break God's law. On the contrary we will be keeping God's law, because we will be loving God with all our heart, mind and soul and loving our neighbour as ourselves and on those two commandments hang all the law and the prophets, without the holy Spirit in our hearts we are lawless, but through faith the spirit is teaching those born of God how to live right before him. If you've got something in your human nature guiding you to break God's law, then it's not from God. The Holy Spirit will be guiding us in all truth and helping us to cleanse our hearts and overcome and we will be obeying God.

marhig

Romans 13

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

If we truly love God and love one another, then we won't break God's law.

marhig

You apparently don't believe Paul. Physically, I am the Chief of sinners, 1 Timothy 1:15. Spiritually, I am seated in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

Go back two verses in 1 Timothy to verse 13

1 Timothy 1:13

Who was BEFORE a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul was a chief of sinners because of what he had done before he knew Christ. Not because of how he was living after he knew him. And he obtained mercy because he did it ignorantly and in unbelief. If we carry on wilfully sinning when we know the truth, then we won't be let off lightly, God is no fool and he won't be mocked. Those who wilfully sin are in danger of Jesus turning to tell them to depart from him and that he never knew them.

Do you think Christ would have still been with Paul if he had of carried on wilfully sinning and disobeying God? Do you think that God will bless us with his Spirit if we put our flesh before him? No he won't.

Christ who had the abundant mercy, faith and love of God in his heart, had saved Paul from his life of sin and he saved him from this world of sin and death and brought him into the light and life in God and Paul then had to abide in God's goodness and obey God. And Christ was helping Paul through the Spirit to overcome and die and put away his flesh daily and live by the will of God.

And if you are seated with Christ in heavenly places, then you will be partaking in his sufferings, and Christ in you will be changing your heart to be more like his, and you will be living by the will of God through him and others will see the life of Christ in and through you. To be seated with Christ in heavenly places, is to be walking in the Spirit, baring witness to the truth, and living by God's will.

clefty

Romans 13

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

If we truly love God and love one another, then we won't break God's law.

Even pagans love each other...

It’s more than that...we love JUST AS He loved us...our love includes and excludes specific actions that testify why we love the way we do...because He first loved us...and if we love Him we keep His commandments which distinguishes us from the love of the world...it has a form and substance that is radically different from the world...

Is how they know us by our love...as His His way...His faith walk is how we love

For example His love never included invitations to Ham dinners after Saunday Church...

clefty

What I don’t understand is your insistence that because the Spirit now leads you and you are in Christ to live and love JUST AS He did...the rules don’t apply...are not required...

That just because you live reborn and now live instinctively the Law is abolished...

Again because the bird flies on instinct because it was made to do so without understanding the law of gravity does not mean that laws of physics are abolished...

What is obvious is that you dont understand that for Paul to write either of those texts “chief of sinners...sit in heavenly places“ the law must exist and be binding

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
What I don’t understand is your insistence that because the Spirit now leads you and you are in Christ to live and love JUST AS He did...the rules don’t apply...are not required...

That just because you live reborn and now live instinctively the Law is abolished...

Again because the bird flies on instinct because it was made to do so without understanding the law of gravity does not mean that laws of physics are abolished...

What is obvious is that you dont understand that for Paul to write either of those texts “chief of sinners...sit in heavenly places“ the law must exist and be binding

Your argument is not with me, your argument is with Paul. I am just telling you what Paul has said about the law. Paul said that the law has been abolished, Colossians 2:14, Ephesians 2:15.

Paul also said that the law made him sin, Romans 7:8-10.

marhig

Even pagans love each other...

It’s more than that...we love JUST AS He loved us...our love includes and excludes specific actions that testify why we love the way we do...because He first loved us...and if we love Him we keep His commandments which distinguishes us from the love of the world...it has a form and substance that is radically different from the world...

Is how they know us by our love...as His His way...His faith walk is how we love

For example His love never included invitations to Ham dinners after Saunday Church...
That's exactly what I mean, I don't mean a happy clappy sloppy love, I mean if we have the love of Christ in our hearts we will love our enemies, do good to those that hate us, bless those that curse us and pray for those that dispitefully use us and sometimes it's a tough love too. If we truly love God with all our hearts then we will lay our lives down for Christ's sake and for others.

We will be denying our flesh to live by the will of God and those things written above, are things that we wouldn't normally naturally do in our flesh, without God, we need his love and the life of Christ within our hearts to do them and if we are truly walking in the Spirit and have Christ in our hearts, we can do them.

We should be changing in our lives, and our hearts should be changing to do what's right before God, and we shouldn't be still the same as we were before we knew him. If we truly love God we will be willing to live it out if there's no change in our lives, then there's something wrong.

Last edited:

clefty

Your argument is not with me, your argument is with Paul.
you slander him as much as the Jews who claimed he taught against the law...they were false witnesses...

Your argument is against Him Who said if you love My keep My commandments...

I am just telling you what Paul has said about the law. Paul said that the law has been abolished, Colossians 2:14, Ephesians 2:15.
See? Weak attempts at slandering poor Paul...why?

His Law was not handwritten ordinances...do this and live He said

Find out what those handwritten ordinances are that are against us ok?

Spoiler: an ordinance is like a ticket for breaking the standing law...

Those are against us...the Law is to be established and oh yes...”do this and live”

Paul also said that the law made him sin, Romans 7:8-10.

Ha...yes yes...you get the diagnosis of diabetes and blame the doctor his tests...

“I was enjoying all that sugar before his stoopid law”

But is not what Paul is saying here...

Robert Pate

Banned
you slander him as much as the Jews who claimed he taught against the law...they were false witnesses...

Your argument is against Him Who said if you love My keep My commandments...

See? Weak attempts at slandering poor Paul...why?

His Law was not handwritten ordinances...do this and live He said

Find out what those handwritten ordinances are that are against us ok?

Spoiler: an ordinance is like a ticket for breaking the standing law...

Those are against us...the Law is to be established and oh yes...”do this and live”

Ha...yes yes...you get the diagnosis of diabetes and blame the doctor his tests...

“I was enjoying all that sugar before his stoopid law”

But is not what Paul is saying here...

Do tell us what Paul is saying there. Paul said, "When the commandment came sin revived, and I died" Romans 7:9.

clefty

Do tell us what Paul is saying there. Paul said, "When the commandment came sin revived, and I died" Romans 7:9.

It’s not that the law (health) is dead...you were alive enjoying your sugar but when it became a matter of health/disease the tests showed you had to be told you are poisoning yourself with that “good stuff”...stop or you will die...and then you realized you are dead already

The law of health remains...

Robert Pate

Banned
It’s not that the law (health) is dead...you were alive enjoying your sugar but when it became a matter of health/disease the tests showed you had to be told you are poisoning yourself with that “good stuff”...stop or you will die...and then you realized you are dead already

The law of health remains...

I thought that we were talking about God's law. The one that was given to Moses on Mount Siani and was later taught by Jesus.

Jesus took the law of Moses and magnified it and then spiritualized it, so that the law now searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. This means that all of your thoughts are now subject to the law. So, now if you lust or are mad at you brother it is sin.

clefty

I thought that we were talking about God's law. The one that was given to Moses on Mount Siani and was later taught by Jesus.

Jesus took the law of Moses and magnified it and then spiritualized it, so that the law now searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. This means that all of your thoughts are now subject to the law. So, now if you lust or are mad at you brother it is sin.

Ummm Right...so what was that about the law being abolished? He actually amplified it...

Status
Not open for further replies.