ECT JESUS NEVER TAUGHT SOLA SCRIPTURA

Levolor

Just because Jesus appealed to the Old Testament as AN authority (and Catholics do the same) does not mean that Jesus believed that the OT was the ONLY authority. Try again.

I don't know why you don't just offer the spiritual proof of this. It would cut down on controversy and division.

So you are just sayin' he referred to the popes and man's traditions and the RCC?

Dream on

Matthew 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

This site may also explain a little about how the Jews also had more than just the scriptures as an authority.

http://www.truthnet.org/TheMessiah/3_Books_of_Judaism/

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
solascriptura.jpg

Just sayin'...

The doctrine is by grace ye are saved through faith and that not of yourself.

Through faith, but faith only comes by the word of God.

"If any man hear My words and believes in Him who sent Me he hath eternal life"

We had God's word long before there was any pope in Rome. Mankind has never been without God's word. Scripture is God's word.

oatmeal

I don't know why you don't just offer the spiritual proof of this. It would cut down on controversy and division.

Matthew 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

This site may also explain a little about how the Jews also had more than just the scriptures as an authority.

http://www.truthnet.org/TheMessiah/3_Books_of_Judaism/

So what?

It is those same rulers that loved to add to scriptures that wanted Jesus Christ dead.

Funny how Jesus in believing scripture could teach with such authority and bring to pass all the signs, miracles and wonders that he did.

There were healings and the dead being raised and other such miracles in the OT done by men of God.

Jesus learned that he could do that from reading scripture, not from reading how to conduct an RCC mass.

Acts 2:22

But how spiritually emaciated and powerless the religious elite, the Jerusalem Catholic Church was.

The JCC had to resort to robes and hats and making a show by ritual and of praying in the market place, that his how they got attention, kind of like strippers. They were attention challenged

God makes sure you get all the attention you need. Philippians 4:19, without compromising scripture.

Forgive me if I am preaching to the choir

kayaker

His Word is absolutely sufficient in itself. (Psalm 119:160)

Great post, TulipBee! Great, indeed. Psalms may have been written later... but, the Word began in Genesis. I think the OT has about a 1,400 year head start on the one historic Catholic Church. Jesus' arrival generation was prophesied in Genesis 4:24 KJV by the executioner of Cain (Genesis 4:23 KJV)... Lamech was Cain's great...grandson who clearly loved Cain as evidenced in said verse (Genesis 4:23 KJV). Lamech's son was named tubal-Cain in memoriam to Lamech's beloved great...grandfather.

The "seventy and sevenfold" prophesied generations of Genesis 4:24 KJV is found fulfilled in Luke 3:38 KJV counting from God is generation #1, Adam generation #2, Seth #3... Jesus' generation is the 77th from Almighty God, inclusively. But, I don't think I read anything in Genesis about the arrival of the one historic Catholic Church. In fact... I don't think the one historic Catholic Church has even figured out what happened in Noah's tent (Genesis 9:22 KJV) that's been in the books for some 6 thousand years: Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV.

Like Levolor suggested... the proof is in the pudding. The instigators of the crucifixion infiltrated the true Jewish Synagogue (Revelation 2:9, 3:9). Is there any doubt those same detractors infiltrated the historic Catholic Church?

kayaker

Levolor

So what?

Ask Christ Jesus. It is He who spoke those words. Perhaps He will give you understanding.

I was very tempted so sign off with: "The rest of what you have had to say here I have not read for the insolence shown to Christ's words". Forgive me for this inclination, even if it would have been appropriate.

It is those same rulers that loved to add to scriptures that wanted Jesus Christ dead.

I know.

Funny how Jesus in believing scripture could teach with such authority and bring to pass all the signs, miracles and wonders that he did.

You probably know this already, but the word 'believe' used to have more the meaning of being convicted.

Anyhow, I think Jesus believed and trusted in God more so than anything else. Yes, he believed the Spirit of the scriptures, rather than just the letter.

People today have to get to the same position.

There were healings and the dead being raised and other such miracles in the OT done by men of God.

Yes, and no doubt true men of God can still do those same things today.

Jesus learned that he could do that from reading scripture, not from reading how to conduct an RCC mass.

From reading scripture eh? I tend to think that Jesus was able to do what He did from being one with Our Father.

From giving thanks, prior to even asking for what He was going to ask for.

Acts 2:22

But how spiritually emaciated and powerless the religious elite, the Jerusalem Catholic Church was.

The JCC had to resort to robes and hats and making a show by ritual and of praying in the market place, that his how they got attention, kind of like strippers. They were attention challenged

God makes sure you get all the attention you need. Philippians 4:19, without compromising scripture.

Forgive me if I am preaching to the choir.

In many ways, yes there is a great deal of preaching to the choir. I've been there, done that. :) Past it now. Would now rather have the understanding of all of it, than to continue to complain and point fingers. We all mature at different points in time, and I suppose some never do grow up. Forgive me, if you find that offensive, but it's the way it is.

Last edited:

kayaker

Because they didn't read his links to the catechism. :plain:

LOL! Didn't the historic Catholic Church begin in Genesis, even? It's probably in there somewhere... the prophesy of the arrival of the historic Catholic Church. I think they're selling themselves a few thousand years short of the truth! LOL!

kayaker

Would now rather have the understanding of all of it, than to continue to complain and point fingers. We all mature at different points in time, and I suppose some never do grow up. Forgive me, if you find that offensive, but it the way it is.

My church IS bigger than your church!!! Utterly juvenile. When those juveniles grow up, they become spiritual narcissists... quite contagious, btw! LOL! The Titanic was the biggest ship of the day, prophesy? How about Matthew 8:19 KJV, Matthew 8:20 KJV, Matthew 18:20 KJV? I'll take my kayak, the Bible as my map, and the Holy Spirit of Truth as my compass... but, not over Niagara Falls! LOL! Well, until the Master calls.

The Ark landed, already. Our new Ark is our Savior, and I didn't read the brick-and-mortar construction instructions in the NT. Jesus left no stone unturned in the organized 'church' of His day... Satan's one Historic Church... flip the coin, and render unto Caesar, money from the little fishes' mouthes.

kayaker

DAN P

It's a didactic illustration, not a literal quotation. Please learn how to read.

Hi and your DIDACTIC is supposed to be a MORALLY INSTRACTIVE and it is not !

In MATT 5:18 , jESUS says , That nor One Jot or One TITTLE shall in no wise pass away from the LAW , TILL ALL BE fulfilled .

Please note that you have been DEBUNKED , so Matt 16:18 " I will build " in the FUTURE TENSE , is noted , also !!

dan p

Levolor

My church IS bigger than your church!!! Utterly juvenile. When those juveniles grow up, they become spiritual narcissists...

Quite true. I have just posted, concerning this, over in the Witchcraft thread, post #383: "All those who have been baptized by fire and then refuse to serve man, then falls from their high estate... just like Lucifer did."

That pride is so insidious. It can be ugly too, and the biggest problem with it is that the individual that is under it's control doesn't even know that they are being prideful!

quite contagious, btw!

All evil is. Evil's contagion is quick to infect and cause sickness in another. Thank God for God's mercy and that it endures forever. (Psalm 136-- each verse ends with: for his mercy endureth for ever.) Hallelujah!

But still, it is fun to act up from time to time. :)
The Titanic was the biggest ship of the day, prophesy? How about Matthew 8:19 KJV, Matthew 8:20 KJV, Matthew 18:20 KJV?
Amen.
I'll take my kayak, the Bible as my map, and the Holy Spirit of Truth as my compass... but, not over Niagara Falls! LOL! Well, until the Master calls.

Amen. And you'll be exactly like Christ in Matthew 8:20... having no where to lay His head with the meaning I take from that to be that no one understood Him.

Of course, fortunately today a few more would understand what you are doing than there were for Christ.

The Ark landed, already. Our new Ark is our Savior, and I didn't read the brick-and-mortar construction instructions in the NT. Jesus left no stone unturned in the organized 'church' of His day... Satan's one Historic Church... flip the coin, and render unto Caesar, money from the little fishes' mouthes.

kayaker

:)

Seems to me that there is both Satan and Christ in every organization. With one outweighing the other in certain places and persons.

john w

Hall of Fame
If In any case, when this Psalm was composed, there simply was no "Bible" as yet.

Caught, in another lie:

Romans 9:17 KJV
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Exodus 9:16 KJV
And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

Galatians 4:30 KJV

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Genesis 21:10 KJV

Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.

Right Divider

Body part
solascriptura.jpg
Just sayin'...
Your lowest stoop yet....

Jesus constantly quoted SCRIPTURE. Constantly said "IT IS WRITTEN" or "IS IT NOT WRITTEN".

The simple fact is that God gave us His written Word to protect us against religious charlatans like the RCC.

P.S. I don't believe in sola scriptura, so don't try to use that against me.

kayaker

Quite true. I have just posted, concerning this, over in the Witchcraft thread, post #383: "All those who have been baptized by fire and then refuse to serve man, then falls from their high estate... just like Lucifer did."

That pride is so insidious. It can be ugly too, and the biggest problem with it is that the individual that is under it's control doesn't even know that they are being prideful!

All evil is. Evil's contagion is quick to infect and cause sickness in another. Thank God for God's mercy and that it endures forever. (Psalm 136-- each verse ends with: for his mercy endureth for ever.) Hallelujah!

But still, it is fun to act up from time to time. :)

Amen.

Amen. And you'll be exactly like Christ in Matthew 8:20... having no where to lay His head with the meaning I take from that to be that no one understood Him.

Of course, fortunately today a few more would understand what you are doing than there were for Christ.

:)

Seems to me that there is both Satan and Christ in every organization. With one outweighing the other in certain places and persons.

I've enjoyed your post, Levolor. Quite interesting, and thought provoking. Matthew 8:20 deserves it's own thread, even. Jesus was tremendously not understood, and this is one of several aspects I hear in His Words, one, if not the, most significant aspect. Jesus was not from here, He was from above.

I really don't think Jesus expected us to live by bread, alone. Worthy of another thread! And, that doesn't imply to me that Mother Mary's milk was the next source of spiritual sustenance... I'd give Judah's daughter-in-law Tamar more credit risking death by fire playing the harlot to continue the lineage to produce our Messiah, anyway! With all due respect... Mary sorta had an alibi. Had Mary played the harlot, with no Joseph around... she would have been stoned by three months pregnant. God knew this, hence: enter Joseph, alibi.

kayaker

Levolor

I've enjoyed your post, Levolor. Quite interesting, and thought provoking. Matthew 8:20 deserves it's own thread, even. Jesus was tremendously not understood, and this is one of several aspects I hear in His Words, one, if not the, most significant aspect. Jesus was not from here, He was from above.

I really don't think Jesus expected us to live by bread, alone. Worthy of another thread! And, that doesn't imply to me that Mother Mary's milk was the next source of spiritual sustenance... I'd give Judah's daughter-in-law Tamar more credit risking death by fire playing the harlot to continue the lineage to produce our Messiah, anyway! With all due respect... Mary sorta had an alibi. Had Mary played the harlot, with no Joseph around... she would have been stoned by three months pregnant. God knew this, hence: enter Joseph, alibi.

kayaker

God Bless Joseph! What a wonderful servant of God and father he must have been.

I do have a different view towards Mary than you, however. :)

I believe it is good to discuss... take what we need and leave the rest kind of thing. Tends to engender the latter part of Proverbs 25:2. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

For some reason I am now thinking of Jesus saying: And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. John 8:23

with this be with me where I am from John 17:24 added. Perhaps those one with Christ and Our Father are also not of this world?

Ha! I now know why I was thinking that. In your reply you wrote: "Jesus was not from here, He was from above". Ha! Shows you how intently I think on what is being said.

On those others, if you start a thread, I will try to participate. I am not much on being a thread starter, myself.

kayaker

God Bless Joseph! What a wonderful servant of God and father he must have been.

I do have a different view towards Mary than you, however. :)

I believe it is good to discuss... take what we need and leave the rest kind of thing. Tends to engender the latter part of Proverbs 25:2. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

For some reason I am now thinking of Jesus saying: And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. John 8:23

with this be with me where I am from John 17:24 added. Perhaps those one with Christ and Our Father are also not of this world?

Ha! I now know why I was thinking that. In your reply you wrote: "Jesus was not from here, He was from above". Ha! Shows you how intently I think on what is being said.

On those others, if you start a thread, I will try to participate. I am not much on being a thread starter, myself.

I do indeed appreciate the way you think, Levolor.

Think... now, there's a novel idea! Let me see if I can come up with some RCC propaganda on that... so you won't have to worry yourself. LOL! Threads would be nice, Levelor. And, your participation an honor. They take much time and energy... I've had a little time here lately to harass folk, LOL! Lot of unexplored water in front of the bridge... and, it sounds like the RCC is in Pearl Harbor... tossing out millstones.

later,

kayaker.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
who TAUGHT SOLA SCRIPTURA?

Matthew 15

Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites!

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Just because Jesus appealed to the Old Testament as AN authority (and Catholics do the same) does not mean that Jesus believed that the OT was the ONLY authority. Try again.

Please cite something Jesus cited and called scriptures, that was outside of the Old testament scriptures, full cite please.