JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomRose

Isaiah 61 1-2

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn

Luke 4

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

So this day was the scripture of Isaiah fulfilled in their ears.

That means that, the Spirit of the LORD God was upon Christ Jesus, and the LORD God had anointed him and made him Christ, he was full of the Holy Spirit of God, and God was giving him Revelation always and giving him what to say wherever he went by the power of the Holy Spirit. God the father, sent our Lord Jesus Christ to preach the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation, to heal the brokenhearted and preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

He said that came into this world to bare witness to the truth, and he came to save as many as he could by the word of God. Save all those who would repent and believe the gospel, save us from the world and from the grasp of Satan, bringing those who truly believe in him from darkness into light, from death to life and he came and showed us a better way, a new and living way, through our Lord Jesus and he was the perfect example for us to follow! Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy son of the living God, who laid down his life to bring us the truth and bring as many as he could back to the living God! He is the way, the truth and the life, and no-one comes to the father except by him!

1 Corinthians 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Excellent, Marhig. Thank you for the truth of the matter. Now we have to see if Jesus=YHWH believers can explain it to their liking.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm not "plucking" anything to win an argument concerning the trinity doctrine. I asked a question about these two scriptures in particular because I want someone who thinks Jesus is Jehovah to explain how that would ring true in the light of Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61. That's all. A simple request. And NO ONE HAS ANSWERED IT.

They cannot.

They cannot justify claiming that believing the trinity is requirement for salvation, either.

it is circus.

KingdomRose

Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be asserted, but laid aside His privileges, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Finding Himself in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him THE NAME which is above every name, so that at THE NAME of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS that Jesus Christ is YHWH , to the glory of God the Father.
- Philippians 2:6-11

Why did you change the Scripture? Philippians 2:11 doesn't say that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is YHWH. You are blatantly adding to and changing Scripture.

Have you not anything to say about Scripture that is translated truthfully? How about Psalm 110?

"The affirmation of Jehovah to my Lord: Sit at my right hand, till I make thine enemies they footstool." (vs.1; Young's Literal Translation)

I won't even ask about Isaiah 61. If Jesus is YHWH, how do you explain this verse in Psalms?

beameup

You are simply rejecting the Testimony of Messiah once again by trying to subvert what he plainly says in Luke 17:21, :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla:

No, the verse in question is simple.
The "kingdom of God" was right in front
of them... within their midst.

Otherwise, you have Jesus telling
the Pharisees that they had the
"Kingdom of God" within themselves. :duh:
Pretty elementary.

You get the "dunce cap" :dunce:

KingdomRose

Oh? Two different Gods?

Of course the Lord Jesus said that at the time when He was made a little lower than the angels!

The same relationship existed AFTER Jesus went back to heaven. He was no longer lower than the angels. Check out I Corinthians 11:3 and Revelation 3:12.

"...God is the head of Christ." (I Corinthians 11:3, NASB)

"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God,...and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God." (Rev.3:12, NASB)

Who is Jesus saying is his God?

Lon

Maybe you still don't get it. This thread is for people who think that Jesus is Jehovah.
Great. That person is me.
We're not talking about the trinity right now.
:think: ...uhm, you ▲just▲ said it was.... :confused:

Now would you answer my question about those two scriptures without, possibly, bringing your well-used verse from John 1 into it? It really doesn't apply here in this examination of Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61.

There are tons of scriptures that address you. John 1:1 encapsulates our belief in one verse as well as addresses your question directly: "Both."

In the flesh, He has a God. He talks with His Father on the earth. John 8:58, "Before Abraham, I AM." John 14:9 John 20:28 etc. etc.

Jerry Shugart

Well, your view of Rev.22:3,4 can be taken another way. It wouldn't necessarily mean that only one Person is on the throne, and it certainly COULD mean that there are possibly two thrones.

How can you say that? There is absolutely nothing in the context which hints that there are two separate and distinct thrones. In fact it speaks of one "throne," singular:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

As you can see the LORD's servants will see "His face" and "His name" shall be in their foreheads. In both instances a "singular" pronoun is used. We can see the same truth here:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

In the next chapter we see the Lord Jesus saying that He is the Alpha and Omega and the beginning and the end:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

John recognized that those words were the words of the Lord Jesus, as witnessed by what he said here:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:20).​

Only God can be the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Therefore, we can know with certainity that the Lord Jesus is God.

daqq

No, the verse in question is simple.
The "kingdom of God" was right in front
of them... within their midst.

Otherwise, you have Jesus telling
the Pharisees that they had the
"Kingdom of God" within themselves. :duh:
Pretty elementary.

You get the "dunce cap" :dunce:

No, even the Pharisees had the same potential as every person because the man is the temple. There is no reason to go over it all again here because you have already seen it and rejected the truth, (and it really is not the topic), and in fact one of your own threads was were this was all explained from the scripture, (which you deny in favor of a physical paradigm-mindset).

SimpleMan77

JESUS IS NOT YHWH

How can you say that? There is absolutely nothing in the context which hints that there are two separate and distinct thrones. In fact it speaks of one "throne," singular:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"

As you can see the LORD's servants will see "His face" and "His name" shall be in their foreheads. In both instances a "singular" pronoun is used. We can see the same truth here:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

In the next chapter we see the Lord Jesus saying that He is the Alpha and Omega and the beginning and the end:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

John recognized that those words were the words of the Lord Jesus, as witnessed by what he said here:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:20).​

Only God can be the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Therefore, we can know with certainity that the Lord Jesus is God.

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

marhig

Two thrones

Revelation 3:21

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

marhig

Greatly misunderstood and mistranslated.
Jesus was announcing that the Kingdom of
God was in their presence, as Jesus, being the
King, the Kingdom was "in their midst".
Nope the kingdom of God is within those born of God. Where do you think the Holy Spirit is from? He's from God's kingdom. So those who walk in the Spirit and are born anew have the kingdom of God within them!

And you say that the kingdom of God was in their midst because Christ was in there midst yes? So where is the kingdom of God if through the Spirit, Christ is within us then?

Romans 14

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

marhig

Of course it doesn't matter to you. It is audacious to think you get to be valedictorian. Were you actually this 'smart' in high school? :think:

It matters. The smart kids get valedictorian. If you don't have the grades, you don't get to be. It matters that 600 of EVERY high school (by the numbers if all we who call ourselves Christians went) disagrees with you. It matters. In that case, ONLY the valedictorian gets to address his/her classmates.

I've had those JWs, who always got the date of His return wrong (ALWAYS), tell me that. I wasn't impressed. They were not valedictorian material. I've never met a JW valedictorian. Does it matter? Yeah, it does.

It isn't just the valedictorian who disagrees. It is every last one in the high school. Every last one. In that high school, you are completely alone. It matters.

Kids who do not know algebra might be convinced 2 +1X=3 They are wrong.

I do. As much as that puzzles you, I do. 600 of us do.

You haven't read anyone in thread who have multiple posts on John 17:3, have you?

John 1:1 is clear. "...was with God (like you say) and "was God." The NWT was not made by the valedictorian. It was made by one kid, from each of the high schools, who got together in a nonacademic club, not valedictorians, and decided for themselves what John 1:1 said, who couldn't even read a lick of Greek. Rutherford B Hayes proved that in court. He couldn't read Greek. He lied or was not very bright.
ONLY the valedictorian gets to speak to the 600 of his/her class. The valedictorian is the smartest one in the class, not the average C student. It doesn't matter what the average C student is convinced of. Grades reflect what the rest of the 600 knows, not what those C students disagree with. I am speaking in human terms, but I don't expect only one in 600 being correct. It isn't a reasonable expectation. It doesn't make any kind of sense, spiritually, logically, intelligently, by the numbers. In a group of 600, one guy among them thinks he's right. All the rest believe exactly the same thing. -Lon

No Lon I wasn't smart in high school, and I don't care if I'm completely alone in this matter (although I'm not, as the are many who believe as I do) and as I said, there was only Noah right in his day so I'm not worried what 600 to my 1 think of me. I care only what God thinks of me, and I'm not here to glorify myself or say how good I am, or how well I did in college, but to glorify my father in heaven, and I don't need to be smart for that, he said that he will give us what to say, and I have complete faith in him, and he's smarter than all of you 600 and more!

We can know all the scriptures but be dead to God, it's not having a high flying eduction, it's having the power of the Holy Spirit within, and knowing God and Christ and having complete faith in them, and I do. And nowhere has God said in the Bible that I must believe that Jesus Christ is God to be saved!

By the way, you might see me as thick and uneducated, big deal. I'm glad God doesn't judge us by our college degrees though, luckily God looks at the heart! and I'd rather be with God and a nothing in man's eyes than a high flying something and get high grades doing well for myself in college thanks, and Jesus said that he Holy Spirit will teach us all things, and that's all I need in God, not a college eduction!

Here's what Jesus said about many of those who belong to God

Matthew 11

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes

And here's what Paul says

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

So I don't care what anyone thinks of me, I'm fine being a nothing in this world, as long as God is with me, I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man and wait on God to give me understanding, than have man's wisdom and be wise in the flesh and before men!

Reactions: Lon

marhig

Yes, after the Lord Jesus was made a little lower than the angels.

But you continue to run and hide from the verses which I quoted from the 21st and 22nd chapters of the book of the Revelation.

Are those chapters not in your Bible? Or is it that you just refuse to believe what is written there?

No, in Revelation 3 Jesus was back with the father and still called him his God!

beameup

Nope the kingdom of God is within those born of God. Where do you think the Holy Spirit is from? He's from God's kingdom. So those who walk in the Spirit and are born anew have the kingdom of God within them!

And you say that the kingdom of God was in their midst because Christ was in there midst yes? So where is the kingdom of God if through the Spirit, Christ is within us then?

Romans 14

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Which explains why the Disciples asked Jesus:
When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. :rotfl:

marhig

Which explains why the Disciples asked Jesus:When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. :rotfl:
What?

What has that got to do with the kingdom of God being within us?

You're not seeing the kingdom of God as being a natural kingdom are you?

beameup

:blabla: :blabla: were this was all explained from the scripture. :blabla:

:readthis:
When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the Kingdom to Israel?
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. - Acts 1:6-7

daqq

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. :rotfl:

That is because he already had told them that no one knows the day or the hour, except the Father only, and that is because it is personal and individual just as is all of the Gospel, to each in his or her own appointed times; times appointed by the Father. And if you never change your mindset these things will never happen to you. And if they do not happen to you in this lifetime they will not happen at all. There is therefore no reason for you to be laughing and mocking.

beameup

You're not seeing the kingdom of God as being a natural kingdom are you?

What was Peter preaching in Acts 3:19-21?
"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."
Jesus will return to earth to bring the Times of Refreshing and the Times of Restitution

daqq

:readthis:
When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the Kingdom to Israel?
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. - Acts 1:6-7

That is because he already had told them that no one knows the day or the hour, except the Father only, and that is because it is personal and individual just as is all of the Gospel, to each in his or her own appointed times; times appointed by the Father. And if you never change your mindset these things will never happen to you. And if they do not happen to you in this lifetime they will not happen at all. There is therefore no reason for you to be laughing and mocking.

Did you forget how your error was already exposed in your own thread?
Boiyoiyoiyoiyoing . . . whah, whah, whah . . . you lose . . . :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.