JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

The article linking the God and Jesus of the matter is binding as one. Also, God the Son is Going to God the Father.

Lol... When your God... who's your boss? You are. You would be your own boss. Rotfl.... You guys really make this unbelievably difficult. I'm figuring out it doesn't matter. You hate Him so much you can't give Him His due'

When you see your image in the mirror... do you say that's "a" me?

That's a Marhig...

NOoooooooooooOoooo

You say... that's me!
No EE Jesus was in the image of God because he didn't live to please his own will and he lived by the will of God, Jesus was dead to the flesh, so others only saw God in him, he was in his express image. And when we are truly born of God, then we die to self, and then Christ is seen through us and others see an image of Christ in those who belong to God, but we aren't Christ!

marhig

You and Islam are Arian. The synagogue of Satan prophetically correlates to Islam. Look it up. Check location of then to now. Betcha it's super duper Islamic.

I don't know what to are on about, but what's that got to do with the worship in the verse I quoted in Revelation 3:9?

daqq

Lol... When your God... who's your boss? You are. You would be your own boss. Rotfl.... You guys really make this unbelievably difficult. I'm figuring out it doesn't matter. You hate Him so much you can't give Him His due'
When you see your image in the mirror... do you say that's "a" me?
That's a Marhig...
NOoooooooooooOoooo
You say... that's me!

You deserve it! Your theology is disgusting and your lies are fermented harlots.
Yup... One sentence... all sincere
Act shocked and play the pious judge and offended child. I'm sick of your worthless bible twisting and I don't care how deceitful or Whiney you get!

You say you see yourself in the mirror, unless you're from the planet retard, in the galaxy of Whackadoodle!

You and Islam are Arian. The synagogue of Satan prophetically correlates to Islam. Look it up. Check location of then to now. Betcha it's super duper Islamic.

Prediction... Arian drones will say how UnChristlike I am... Scripture taken out of Context will get posted. They'll act like the TriUnity is a conspiracy and they're the shining beacons of Revelated TRUTH.
Guess WHAT!!!
JESUS IS YHWH... Arian Suckers!
Jesus is God!
Jesus Is the Almighty!
Deal with it!

No Beameup. Worse... they're relying on their faulty logic and flawed understanding. They're leaning on their own understanding and claiming to be unique snowflakes with all the right answers.
But, Beameup... the only thing they got right is that they're flakes.

Oh my.... look... lies and more lies.
You set out to deceive the unstable.
Isaiah 9:6 sucker. Eph. 2:8f salvation denier
Php. 2:8f, 9f, 11
Daqq is a deceiver! Warning!

Lol, yeah, no doubt you want me to "act shocked" as that is apparently the only reason you even post here, that is, to draw responses from people and stroke your own ego. Sorry but you do not seem to have that effect on me anymore now that you have spent yourself having played all of your phony Uno cards, (and that is quite apparent in all of your posts which I have quoted herein). It seems you have no shame whatsoever; which is common among reprobates just before the judgment comes upon them. If it were me I would be way too embarrassed to post all the tripe you post so as to fill up threads with yourself, your ego, and your nonsense. Do you really think people want to read your slobbering rantings? Well, I guess perhaps all your friends here enjoy it; but that does not make it or you right, it just proves that none of you have any argument from the scripture to support what you try to force upon others who come here.

oatmeal

So Jesus is God because those who believe it are in the majority?

Have anyone considered that there are more people who do not follow scripture than there are Christians in this world?

Christianity is not a majority in this world.

Is therefore Christianity wrong?

oatmeal

Prediction... Arian drones will say how UnChristlike I am... Scripture taken out of Context will get posted. They'll act like the TriUnity is a conspiracy and they're the shining beacons of Revelated TRUTH.

Guess WHAT!!!

JESUS IS YHWH... Arian Suckers!

Jesus is God!

Jesus Is the Almighty!

Deal with it!

Please define Christlike.

You mean like being compassionate, doing healings, miracles, casting out devils?

You mean having the knowledge of the truth?

You letting this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus? What did Jesus think of himself? Did he think he was God, well, if you are to think like him, should you should think you are God.

Since he thought it not robbery to be equal with God, then you should not think it robbery that you are equal with God.

That would be like Christ

How am I doing so far?

What did I forget?

daqq

You mean like being compassionate, doing healings, miracles, casting out devils?

You letting this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus? What did Jesus think of himself? Did he think he was God, well, if you are to think like him, should you should think you are God.

Since he thought it not robbery to be equal with God, then you should not think it robbery that you are equal with God.

How am I doing so far?

What did I forget?

You forgot quite a few things, for instance, don't ever say "I am" in any of your sentences when you speak in everyday language because if you do then or you are no doubt claiming to be God Almighty, (according to expert modern Trinitarian linguists and theologians). :)

Last edited:

daqq

Regarding the title "Son of God" from the Dead Sea Scroll fragments, (4Q246), most agree that the fragment speaks of Daniel, (particularly referencing statements from Daniel 7).

Spoiler
Islam? That is just another low blow and an obvious false accusation, so what is new? By the way, Arius won the debate so your heretical harlot mother church deliberately changed the scripture, and that is plain as day, as already shown in one of my threads. "This day I have begotten you" was used by Arius from Matthew and Luke in his arguments. And since ya'll got beaten to a pulp by what was written in the scriptures at that time; you started altering the scripture, killing people, and forcing everyone at the point of a spear to accept your pagan Romanized dogma, (that is, a spear in one hand and a Trinitarian war shield in the other, lol).

Arian Controversy and Council Of Nicea Explains Alterations
It was only post 325 A.D. that the standard texts of Matthew and Luke were revised to omit "today I have begotten thee" from Jesus' baptism by John-the-Baptist. You will not find it any longer in the KJV, ASV, NIV, etc. This was because of the controversy with Arius in 306 A.D. who claimed the 'begotten' passages meant Jesus was not the "Eternal Son of God." However, the Roman Catholic church by 325 A.D. felt it was imperative to assert this about Jesus even though no verse in the NT ever calls Jesus the 'eternal Son of God.' For background, see Wayne A. Grudem, Systematic theology: an introduction to biblical doctrine (Zondervan, 1994) at 243.

Hence, words from the original account were let slip in reproductions, to the point we do not any longer see them in our NT. But it never made any sense. To say Jesus was the "Eternal Son" begotten of God, as was developed in the 300s and beyond, was a contradiction in terms. As Adam Clarke, a Methodist, explained in his commentary:

"…it is demonstrated that the doctrine of the eternal Sonship of Christ is absolutely irreconcilable to reason, and contradictory to itself. ETERNITY is that which has had no beginning, nor stands in any reference to time: SON supposes time, generation, and father; and time also antecedent to such generation: therefore the rational conjunction of these two terms, Son and eternity, is absolutely impossible, as they imply essentially different and opposite ideas" (Adam Clarke Commentary).

Hence, at Jesus's water baptism, God-the-Father gave Jesus a new birth as Son of God (a unique status), declaring from heaven "This day I have begotten thee." This was an example of how baptism would have similar effects on ourselves although obviously we would not become Divine as Jesus uniquely was indwelled by the Father/Word. (John 1:1, 14:10.)

Incidentally, the Talmud post-Christ -- a work of Jewish scribes -- preserved that Jewish scholars pre-Christ always said this would be how God Yahweh would address Messiah:

"Our Rabbis taught, The Holy One, Blessed be He, will say to
the Messiah, the Son of David (may he reveal himself speedily in our
day), 'Ask of me anything, and I will give it thee,' as it is said, 'I will
tell of the decree,' erc., 'this day have I begotten thee, ask of me and I
will give the nations for thy inheritance.''' (Talmud, Sukkah 52)

(quoted in Problems of Bible Translation (1954) at page 145 (PDF link)

https://www.jesuswordsonly.com/books/235-hebrew-matthew-baptismal-account.html

Additionally "Son of God" was understood as a title for "the son of David" because of the decree recorded in Psalm 2:7, (which full decree still remains in Luke 3:22 Codex Bezae, which is one of the four great uncial codices being the four most important codices to all of Christianity, (Bezae, Sinaiticus, Vaticanus, and Alexandrinus)). The title "Son of God" was even found in one of the Dead Sea Scroll fragments, (4Q246), where the title was not used in the sense of Almighty Divinity but more likely in reference to the Messiah. The following video clip speaks of 4Q246.

Jewish Encyclopedia - "Son of God"
Term applied to an angel or demigod, one of the mythological beings whose exploits are described in Gen. vi. 2-4, and whose ill conduct was among the causes of the Flood; to a judge or ruler (Ps. lxxxii. 6, "children of the Most High"; in many passages "gods" and "judges" seem to be equations; comp. Ex. xxi. 6 [R. V., margin] and xxii. 8, 9); and to the real or ideal king over Israel (II Sam. vii. 14, with reference to David and his dynasty; comp. Ps. lxxxix. 27, 28). "Sons of God" and "children of God" are applied also to Israel as a people (comp. Ex. iv. 22 and Hos. xi. 1) and to all members of the human race.

Yet the term by no means carries the idea of physical descent from, and essential unity with, God the Father. The Hebrew idiom conveys nothing further than a simple expression of godlikeness (see Godliness). In fact, the term "son of God" is rarely used in Jewish literature in the sense of "Messiah." Though in Sukkah 52a the words of Ps. ii. 7, 8 are put into the mouth of Messiah, son of David, he himself is not called "son of God." The more familiar epithet is "King Messiah," based partly on this psalm (Gen. R. xliv.). In the Targum the
V11p461001.jpg
of Ps. lxxx. 16 is rendered
V11p461002.jpg
(= "King Messiah"), while Ps. ii. 7 is paraphrased in a manner that removes the anthropomorphism of the Hebrew: "Thou art beloved unto me, like a son unto a father, pure as on the day when I created thee."
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13912-son-of-god

But the title Son of God likely comes from the fiery furnace account in the third chapter where, (even in the Greek LXX), we read of the fourth person in the furnace who is said to be like the Son of God:

Daniel 3:25-28 LXX (Brenton Translation)
25 And the king said, But I see four men loose, and walking in the midst of the fire, and there has no harm happened to them; and the appearance of the fourth is like the Son of God.
26 Then Nabuchodonosor drew near to the door of the burning fiery furnace, and said, Sedrach, Misach, and Abdenago, ye servants of the most high God, proceed forth, and come hither. So Sedrach, Misach, and Abdenago, came forth out of the midst of the fire.
27 Then were assembled the satraps, and captains, and heads of provinces, and the royal princes; and they saw the men, and perceived that the fire had not had power against their bodies, and the hair of their head was not burnt, and their coats were not scorched, nor was the smell of fire upon them.
28 And king Nabuchodonosor answered and said, Blessed be the God of Sedrach, Misach, and Abdenago, who has sent his angel, and delivered his servants, because they trusted in him; and they have changed the king's word, and delivered their bodies to be burnt, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

Then there is also the following reference to Daniel 6:22 and Psalm 22:21.

2 Timothy 4:16-17
16 At my first defence no one took my part, but all forsook me: may it not be laid to their account.
17 But the Master stood by me, and strengthened me; that through me the message might be fully proclaimed, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Daniel 6:21-22 LXX (Brenton Translation)
21 And Daniel said to the king, O king, live for ever.
22 My God has sent his angel, and stopped the lions' mouths, and they have not hurt me: for uprightness was found in me before him; and moreover before thee, O king, I have committed no trespass.

CherubRam

Commentary on John 1:1.

Pantheion

Greek pantheion, from pan 'all' + theion 'Divine Eternal-s' (from theios 'divine.')
From Greek aion, meaning Eternal, for an infinite amount of time Pantheion: Pan/the/ion. All Divine Eternal-s. The word “All” makes it plural.

aeon or aion or eon
1. An immeasurably long period of time. From Greek, Aion, an infinitely long time.

Greek word TON and THEON.
From the Scripture4All program. Link: www.scripture4all.org/

The Greek word "TON" is translated 1583 times as "the;" And 18 times as "the -one." It is used before nouns to mean a {certain-one-person-s,} or place, or thing. However, different translations of Greek do not always agree. That is the reason for my interpretation of John 1:1 as "the only Divine Eternal." In English the word “one” can also be translated as “only.” TON: The only. THEON: Divine Eternal.

John 1:1

Greek:
en arche en ho logos kai ho logos en pros ton theon kai theos en ho logos

Interlinear:
en (in) arche (beginning) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word) kai (and) ho (the) logos (Word) en (was) pos (toward or with) ton (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one and only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek) theon (Divine Eternal) kai (and) theos (Divine) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word)

In English we have:
In beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the (one or only) Divine Eternal, and Divine was the Word.

The defining article "a" must be supplied for the English language, to define that there is another Divine that is not the "Divine Eternal."

Why do translators drop off the definite article TON (the one or only) before Divine Eternal?

Theon and Theos
They both mean Divine, but in different cases. Theos is the nominative, Theon is accusative. Another form is Theou, which is genitive.

John 1:1 reads: “In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with [τὸν θεὸν, (TON THEON) literally, the only Divine Eternal], and the Word was divine. [θεὸς].”

In the first instance (“the Word was with the only Divine Eternal”) it is in the accusative case and thus is spelled θεὸν [theon] But in the second occurrence it is in the nominative case, and so it is spelled θεὸς [theos]
Ton Theon was also applied to Zeus, meaning "The Only Divine Eternal."

Eon or Aeon; a very long time.
The word aeon, also spelled eon or æon, originally means "life", and / or "being", though it then tended to mean "age", "forever" or "for eternity". It is a Latin transliteration from the koine Greek word ὁ αἰών (ho aion), from the archaic αἰϝών (aiwon).

In Homer it typically refers to life or lifespan. Its latest meaning is more or less similar to the Sanskrit word kalpa and Hebrew word olam. A cognate Latin word aevum or aeuum (cf. αἰϝών) for "age" is present in words such as longevity.

Although the term aeon may be used in reference to a period of a billion years, its more common usage is for any long, indefinite, period.

Eternity or age
The Bible translation is a treatment of the Hebrew word olam and the Greek word aion. Both these words have similar meaning, and Young's Literal Translation renders them and their derivatives as “age” or “age-during”. Other English versions most often translate them to indicate eternity, being translated as eternal, everlasting, forever, etc. However, there are notable exceptions to this in all major translations, such as Matthew 28:20: “…I am with you always, to the end of the age” (NRSV), the word “age” being a translation of aion.
Rendering aion to indicate eternality in this verse would result in the contradictory phrase “end of eternity”, so the question arises whether it should ever be so.

Jerry Shugart

As I was saying though Jerry, if you read the first verse of the book of Revelation then you will know who all the book of revelation comes from. It clearly says that Jesus received his revelation from God. So our Lord Jesus was speaking to John, what the father gave him to speak through revelation.

Is that the best excuse you can give for not believing the truth found in the Scriptures? If you want the truth of the identity of the Lord Jesus you must go to the last two chapters of the book of Revelation. There we will see that the LORD God describes Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus says that He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

John certainly understood that He who said "I come quickly" was the Lord Jesus, as witnessed by his words that follow:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." (Rev.22:20).​

These are the very last words found in the Bible and that stresses their importance. We are to KNOW that the Lord Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. And by knowing that we can know without any doubt that He is indeed God. And while He walked the earth the Lord Jesus gave a stern warning to those who deny His identity as God who is from above:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn.8:23-24).​

Zeke

No EE Jesus was in the image of God because he didn't live to please his own will and he lived by the will of God, Jesus was dead to the flesh, so others only saw God in him, he was in his express image. And when we are truly born of God, then we die to self, and then Christ is seen through us and others see an image of Christ in those who belong to God, but we aren't Christ!

Where is the kingdom of God stated to be by Christ?

marhig

Is that the best excuse you can give for not believing the truth found in the Scriptures? If you want the truth of the identity of the Lord Jesus you must go to the last two chapters of the book of Revelation. There we will see that the LORD God describes Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus says that He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

John certainly understood that He who said "I come quickly" was the Lord Jesus, as witnessed by his words that follow:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." (Rev.22:20).​

These are the very last words found in the Bible and that stresses their importance. We are to KNOW that the Lord Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. And by knowing that we can know without any doubt that He is indeed God. And while He walked the earth the Lord Jesus gave a stern warning to those who deny His identity as God who is from above:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn.8:23-24).​
No excuse, it's the truth, it clearly says that God gave Jesus Christ revelation.

Revelation 1:1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Also, I could say the same to you, for not believing the truth, like when Jesus says that God is his God. And when he says that the father is the only true God, and he also calls God, my God in Revelation 3, once he is left the flesh and ascended to the father.

Why don't you believe the truth as written in the scriptures?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I started the previous post with the same name to encourage people to explain how 2 particular verses could possibly be referring to just one individual. The scriptures are:

Psalm 110

Isaiah 61:1,2

No one has attempted to explain these verses yet. What is the problem? I would like the people who believe that Jesus is YHWH to share their thoughts as to why these verses do NOT refer to two different Persons.
Shalom.

Your question involves your words. I do not know why you are asking this way. You said two different Persons. God may help you with this to know what not to think and say. There is something behind your question that betrays that there is both something different from what you are saying and that what you are saying is about your question.

You want to know about Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61:1, 2. You want to know about God's name and Jesus. God's name is translated (this is one way of understanding it, but it is maybe not the most accurate) as LORD, using all uppercase letters. It is from YHVH, God's name, yod-hey-vav-hey, Yahveh, which is in the Hebrew, from right to left (all of these the source from) יהוה. The Hebrew for Adonai is translated as Lord.

Shalom.

Jacob

Last edited:

Lon

And it doesn't matter if there is a million to 1 who believe in a triune God, there is no triune God in the Bible!
Of course it doesn't matter to you. It is audacious to think you get to be valedictorian. Were you actually this 'smart' in high school? :think:

It matters. The smart kids get valedictorian. If you don't have the grades, you don't get to be. It matters that 600 of EVERY high school (by the numbers if all we who call ourselves Christians went) disagrees with you. It matters. In that case, ONLY the valedictorian gets to address his/her classmates.

Only one God as he's the father. And even if I was one in a million? So what, there was only Noah who was right in the whole world at one point!
I've had those JWs, who always got the date of His return wrong (ALWAYS), tell me that. I wasn't impressed. They were not valedictorian material. I've never met a JW valedictorian. Does it matter? Yeah, it does.

So it doesn't matter of I am only of a few.
It isn't just the valedictorian who disagrees. It is every last one in the high school. Every last one. In that high school, you are completely alone. It matters.

I know it's the truth, and Jesus even says so himself.
Kids who do not know algebra might be convinced 2 +1X=3 They are wrong.

How can you not believe his own words?
I do. As much as that puzzles you, I do. 600 of us do.

He actually says that the father is the only true God as the the father is his God.
You haven't read anyone in thread who have multiple posts on John 17:3, have you?

He even calls God his God in Revelation 3 after he had left the flesh and is ascended to the father!
John 1:1 is clear. "...was with God (like you say) and "was God." The NWT was not made by the valedictorian. It was made by one kid, from each of the high schools, who got together in a nonacademic club, not valedictorians, and decided for themselves what John 1:1 said, who couldn't even read a lick of Greek. Rutherford B Hayes proved that in court. He couldn't read Greek. He lied or was not very bright.
ONLY the valedictorian gets to speak to the 600 of his/her class. The valedictorian is the smartest one in the class, not the average C student. It doesn't matter what the average C student is convinced of. Grades reflect what the rest of the 600 knows, not what those C students disagree with. I am speaking in human terms, but I don't expect only one in 600 being correct. It isn't a reasonable expectation. It doesn't make any kind of sense, spiritually, logically, intelligently, by the numbers. In a group of 600, one guy among them thinks he's right. All the rest believe exactly the same thing. -Lon

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

How am I doing so far?

What did I forget?

Oats...

You're not militant about your stance against the TriUnity. I have respect for you. The people I blast have a long standing history of being a militia against the "incarnation"/"image"/"Glory" of the Father that is The Son.

- EE

Jerry Shugart

When God looks at his son ,does he see himself or his son?

Before the Lord Jesus was made a little lower than the angels He was in the form of God:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-6).​

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when those in heaven will see the ONE on the "Throne of God and of the Lamb" they will see both the Lord Jesus and God at the same time because He is God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

Have you ever wondered why there is only ONE who is sitting on the throne of God and of the Lamb?

Status
Not open for further replies.