Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

oatmeal

Jesus is exactly like His Father. They are not different.

Really?

You did not read my post and the scriptures it referred to?

How can you form a conclusion without evidence?

Oh, I am sorry, I forgot, you are a trinitarian, you don't need scripture to form your beliefs

oatmeal

They are exactly the same.

We are flesh and spirit.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Jesus is God come as a Man.

God came as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man, He came as a Man.

They are exactly the same.

Wow.

You need an education and soon

Maybe an emergency education

God is the Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

Are you and your father exactly the same?

God's Truth

Wow.

You need an education and soon

Maybe an emergency education

God is the Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

Are you and your father exactly the same?

There are no distinctions.

Jesus says and does only what the Father says and does.

The Holy Spirit says only what Jesus says.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

They are NOT distinct and different.

See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50.

When we see Jesus, we see the Father.

See John 8:19; 14:7, 9; Hebrews 1:3; and, Colossians 1:15.

John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

Their works are NOT different.

John 5:17 In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.

God's Truth

Except Jesus wasn't omnipresent, omnipotent, or omniscient like God the Father. He was also temptable, while God is not.

God came in the likeness of sinful flesh.

Romans 8:3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

Philippians 2:7
rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Hebrews 2:14
Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil--

Hebrews 2:17
For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin.

Elia

Adding words can change the meaning or the context. Still I believe Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. When Jesus speaks it is God speaking. They are one. If Jesus says "I AM" then God is saying "I AM"

Bs'd

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19

journey

Those who deny that Jesus Christ is God are heretics and lost. Let's call them the heretic squad on the forum. They come running every time there's a sentence with Jesus and God in it. The heretic squad never wins because the opposition uses the Holy Bible, and the Holy Bible bluntly teaches that Jesus Christ is God. The heretic squad makes me very sad because eternity is at stake. May the Holy Spirit of God soften their hearts for the hearing of God's Word.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Those who deny that Jesus Christ is God are heretics and lost. Let's call them the heretic squad on the forum. They come running every time there's a sentence with Jesus and God in it. The heretic squad never wins because the opposition uses the Holy Bible, and the Holy Bible bluntly teaches that Jesus Christ is God. The heretic squad makes me very sad because eternity is at stake. May the Holy Spirit of God soften their hearts for the hearing of God's Word.

AMEN!!

Elia

Bs'd

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Elia

Bs'd

Is God a man?

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

genuineoriginal

I don't know what Bible you are using, but every translation I have seen bluntly teaches that Jesus is the Son of God.

In fact, every translation I have seen teaches that you must believe Jesus is the Son of God in order to be saved.

John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

Since the belief that Jesus is God is an extra-Biblical doctrine (not taught in the scriptures), it is not necessary for salvation the way that believing that Jesus is the Son of God is necessary for salvation.

I'm still waiting for your version of "proof." (Post #880.)
Ah, so you lied when you said that you had presented EVIDENCE that Jesus was "god" then.

Since your "god" knows everything then he knows what I will accept as evidence and provide this information to you.

I'll wait while you two are in "conference."

Aimiel

Dr. Simon Greenleaf found all the 'proof' he needed to believe. He was a co-founder of Harvard, a professor of law and considered the world's foremost authority on evidence in jurisprudence. He set out to disprove Scripture, using only the four Gospels and found by the weight of evidence in them that not only is there more proof that Jesus lived, died and rose again but that Jesus is Lord and God.

In his book: "The Testimony of the Evangelists: The Gospels Examined by the Rules of Evidence," he examined that evidence and found more truth than he expected. You can read a short synopsis HERE.

musterion

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In His days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is His name whereby He shall be called, "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" [Jehovah Tsidkenu].
Messiah's name will be Jehovah.

But unto the Son, [God] saith, "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)
The Father refers to the Son as God.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Ok, here's another verse for you to mangle.

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God. (Hebrews 10:12)​
αυτὸς δὲ μίαν υπὲρ αμαρτιων Thus this, the one minor thing above sins προσενέγκας that are being carried of it, θυσίαν the sacrifice εις τὸ διηνεκὲς with a perpetuity, εκάθισεν he sits εν δεξια του Θεοu, at the right of a God.

It sounds like the sacrifice is in place of sins. Strong gives an above and beyond definition for the hyper preposition. Thayers does too, but thinks that it means on behalf of, like on in English. But the preposition has accusative nouns, making it likely beyond and above, not on behalf.

God's Truth

αυτὸς δὲ μίαν υπὲρ αμαρτιων Thus this, the one minor thing above sins προσενέγκας that is being tendering, θυσίαν the sacrifice εις τὸ διηνεκὲς with a perpetuity, εκάθισεν he sits εν δεξια του Θεοu, at the right of a God.

It sounds like the sacrifice is in place of sins. Strong gives an above and beyond definition for the hyper preposition. Thayers does too, but thinks that it means on behalf of, like on in English. But the preposition has accusative nouns, making it likely beyond and above, not on behalf.

You don't need Strong's. You need to obey Jesus Christ.