Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Elia

Doing what the bible says can lead to pedophilia. Ask any Catholic priest.

Bs'd

That is only if you do what the NT says, and you don't get married, and tried to live celibate, then people develop all kinds of sexual aberations.

Elia

All you have done here is deny and contradict (primarily) the NT assertions make regarding Christ. You have not disproved them. We either believe them or we do not, but they say what they say.

Bs'd

And what they say is impossible and illogical.

I've already provided proof that Jesus is God,
:confused:

You did?

Post # please.

to which you responded by claiming that it wasn't in fact proof.
Well, if you "provided" an argument in lieu of actual evidence then, no, you didn't "provide" much of anything.

Therefore, I'm asking exactly what you would accept as "proof."
Must we really go over this again? Since your "god" knows everything then he should know what I will accept as "proof" and provide it to you. I'll wait while you two are in conference.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:confused:

You did?

Post # please.

Well, if you "provided" an argument in lieu of actual evidence then, no, you didn't "provide" much of anything.

Must we really go over this again? Since your "god" knows everything then he should know what I will accept as "proof" and provide it to you. I'll wait while you two are in conference.

Are you a Christian, Other?" What church or denomination are
you affiliated with?

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
John 18:6.

Do as they did, before it's too late for you.

I don't think so. Read what you left out. You left out a few other events that followed which depict Jesus as an ungodly character, weak, powerless and humiliated.
John 12:12 Then the detachment of soldiers with its commander and the Jewish officials arrested Jesus. They bound him.

Peter denies he is Jesus disciple.

17 "You are not one of his disciples, are you?" the girl at the door asked Peter. He replied, "I am not."

A soldier strikes god. Odd because god said to Moses anyone even seeing gods face would die. But it is ok to strike god/Jesus.

22 When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby struck him in the face. "Is this the way you answer the high priest?" he demanded.

Jesus sure talked the talk. But when challenged his behaviour was anything but godlike.

More examples of cowardly behaviour.

John 8:59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 10:39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

The Jews got so tired of Jesus's theatrics that the next time he claimed he was the Christ, they asked that he be crucified. And he was crucified!!!
That does not happen today because we treat people with delusions and no longer crucify them.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't think so. Read what you let out. You left out a few other events that followed which depict Jesus as an ungodly character, weak, powerless and humiliated.
John 12:12 Then the detachment of soldiers with its commander and the Jewish officials arrested Jesus. They bound him.

Peter denies he is Jesus disciple.

17 "You are not one of his disciples, are you?" the girl at the door asked Peter. He replied, "I am not."

A soldier strikes god. Odd because god said to Moses anyone even seeing gods face would die. But it is ok to strike god/Jesus.

22 When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby struck him in the face. "Is this the way you answer the high priest?" he demanded.

Jesus sure talked the talk. But when challenged his behaviour was anything but godlike.

More examples of cowardly behaviour.

John 8:59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 10:39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

The Jews got so tired of Jesus's theatrics that the next time he claimed he was the Christ, they asked that he be crucified. And he was crucified!!!
That does not happen today because we treat people with delusions and no longer crucify them.

You, are being very disrespectful of the Lord Jesus! Why are
you on a "Christian forum" if you have so much disdain for the
Son of God? (God the Son) Don't be such a BOZO!!!

keypurr

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty"

-Revelation 1:8

Jesus Christ called himself the Almighty. That's just one of the verses that says Jesus is God. But if the Bible says something once it is true, so that's all that's needed. Jesus Christ is God and he claimed to be God. He claimed to be the voice of the burning bush.

Not so, Jesus never said he was God. Jesus was a man. But the Christ in him was pre-existent. One has to realize that Christ, the express image of God, spoke through Jesus. Christ is the logos in John 1, not Jesus. There is only one Almighty, the God that Jesus Christ prayed to.

Posted from the TOL App!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not so, Jesus never said he was God. Jesus was a man. But the Christ in him was pre-existent. One has to realize that Christ, the express image of God, spoke through Jesus. Christ is the logos in John 1, not Jesus. There is only one Almighty, the God that Jesus Christ prayed to.

Posted from the TOL App!

You have quite an imagination! Your mind must be a warehouse
full of fantasy?

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
You, are being very disrespectful of the Lord Jesus! Why are
you on a "Christian forum" if you have so much disdain for the
Son of God? (God the Son) Don't be such a BOZO!!!

I am a Hindu raised in the Vedantic tradition. I studied theology to explore comparative religion. I also practice Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Psychological profiling is an essential part of my profession.

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned

Posted from the TOL App!

The definition of Christ is Messiah, the anointed one with special powers endowed by god to carry out god's orders. It is not a spirit or a body of knowledge. It is a person. Are you confusing that with the Holy Ghost?

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
What does any of that, have to do with your disrespect?

I suspect Jesus suffered from delusions of grandeur, a messiah complex. That is why he had to escape or hide when threatened with stoning. I deal with people who hear voices and see apparitions which are possible hallucinations. Jesus claimed he had those experiences too. Now if he had direct and instant contact with god or the Holy Ghost rather than at inopportune moments, he would have reacted differently to those threats. He did claim to be the Christ and son of god. He just never acted as one. At least not according to the verses I quoted in my post.
I am on a Christian forum to observe the level of biblical scholarship that is applied in the discussions.
Anyone can quote scripture to justify anything. Scriptures have been used to support slavery, oppression of race and sexes and to wage wars and burn people at stakes for being different or holding a different view.
It is time to apply critical thinking and scholarship and to put context to some very dangerous doctrines of the past. How great is that!!!

Last edited:

God's Truth

The definition of Christ is Messiah, the anointed one with special powers endowed by god to carry out god's orders. It is not a spirit or a body of knowledge. It is a person. Are you confusing that with the Holy Ghost?

The Father God, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are One and the same.

God's Truth

I suspect Jesus suffered from delusions of grandeur, a messiah complex. That is why he had to escape or hide when threatened with stoning. I deal with people who hear voices and see apparitions which are possible hallucinations. Jesus claimed he had those experiences too. Now if he had direct and instant contact with god or the Holy Ghost rather than at inopportune moments, he would have reacted differently to those threats. He did claim to be the Christ and son of god. He just never acted as one. At least not according to the verses I quoted in my post.
I am on a Christian forum to observe the level of biblical scholarship that is applied in the discussions.
Anyone can quote scripture to justify anything. Scriptures have been used to support slavery, oppression of race and sexes and to wage wars and burn people at stakes for being different or holding a different view.
It is time to apply critical thinking and scholarship and to put context to some very dangerous doctrines of the past. How great is that!!!

I do not know why it is allowed that you are able to post on this site and able to say the things that you do.

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
I apologize to everyone offended by my post #847. I let my profession as a behaviourist get ahead of theological sensitivities. I was doing some research on the gospel according to Judas which suggested some type of conspiracy to force the events where Judas was made god's scapegoat. That made me question some honourable intentions.
I didn't think on a discussion forum I would be charged with intentional blasphemy for providing a psychological profile of Jesus. There are all kinds of allegations made of what Jesus was or was not. His emotional and psychological state of mind are revealed in the bible. His moment of great despaired and personal doubt when he uttered. "My god why have you forsaken me." He is a transparent figure, after all.
His own people doubted and rejected his claims of being the messiah and asked that he be crucified. I just offered a plausible explanation and provided medical terminology that best described such conditions.
You can read about it here.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
One must wonder, then, why they each need to be identified by different names :think: :idunno:

It is called the Trinity Doctrine. God is three (the father, the son and the Holy Ghost) mathematically it is 1=1+1+1.
The three are god mathematically 1+1+1= 1.

Why and when it was decided to represent god is such esoteric terms was decided at the council of Nicaea(325) and again at the council of Constantinople(381)

Does it make sense? It should to a Christian or if you want to become one. Sort of a pre-requisite.

It is called the Trinity Doctrine.
Or the trinity hypothesis; take your pick.

God is three (the father, the son and the Holy Ghost) mathematically it is 1=1+1+1.
Christians prefer 1x1x1=1 for some reason.

The three are god mathematically 1+1+1= 1.
:kookoo:

Why and when it was decided to represent god is such esoteric terms was decided at the council of Nicaea(325) and again at the council of Constantinople(381)
:shocked:

Does it make sense?
:nono:

It should to a Christian or if you want to become one. Sort of a pre-requisite.
:chuckle: