Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

TrevorL

Greetings again 7djengo7,
Since you are asserting that the Wisdom spoken of in Proverbs 8 does not really do any of these things which Solomon tells us that Wisdom does (cry, put forth a voice, speak, give instruction, etc.), you are putting upon yourself a burden of having to tell us, then, what (if anything) it is you think Wisdom is really doing. Have fun with that!
I have quoted this portion of your lengthy answer. Wisdom DOES all these things, but it is not speaking of one individual who you identify as God the Son. Jesus did not appear in the gates of a city in the time of Solomon and preach to those that passed by. Perhaps you should read Proverbs 9 carefully where the wise woman is compared with a foolish woman.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

Your previous statement of "The scriptures aren’t going to give a name known to God and then give it to Jesus with a completely different meaning" (post #7089) is false as we clearly see titles that are explicitly reserved for God, "only one God, only one Savior", applied to others, you choose to close your eyes and ignore this.
You are not speaking the truth, for there is NO ONE but God the Father and Jesus Christ in whom we are saved.
I'm not stating the bible does or anything else, I'm asking YOU the questions so answer the questions.

Who is the first adversary of God?

Who is the last adversary of God?
The Bible does NOT say Satan is the first and the last! So I will not either.
Someone once said "everyone wants the truth, but no one wants to be honest", you claim to be a seeker of truth yet you will refuse to answer truthfully as you know by answering truthfully you will debunk yourself, you are meant to be a Christian, act like one and show humility.
That is what you should do.
Jesus wouldn’t have revealed himself to me otherwise.

Where does it equate glory with worship in Gal 1:24? Simply quoting the verse that does not specifically state what you claimed is proof of nothing.
You should study harder. You didn’t notice that one translation says “glorified” and the other translation of the same scripture says “praised”?

Praising God and glorified God is to worship God.
You really make me laugh sometimes, the irony. It was the Father who appointed Jesus above all ( see 1 Cor 15:27), it was the Father that said "letall of God’s angels worship to [Jesus]", it was to the Fathers and NOT Jesus glory that every knee bends, "so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend...and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. (Phil 2:10,11), AND it was Jesus himself who said "No one comes to the Father except through me". To do anything to the Father we must do it THROUGH Jesus, thus any glory, praise, and worship give, we do it through Jesus, Jesus in turns passes this to the Father, hence why it states "every knee bends to Jesus but it's to the glory of the Father" and NOT Jesus glory.
Jesus has the glory of his Father. You can’t get around it.
The Father ordained Jesus to be above everything apart from him himself,
Jesus isn’t apart from his Father. How can you say such things? The Father and Jesus are one.
it was the Father who gave the command to "let" the angels worship Jesus, and it was the Father who ordained, and as Jesus said, that we can only do things to the Father through Jesus, Jesus DID not let people worship him because he is God, he allows it because we worship through Jesus, Jesus isn't the ultimate receiver of worship, the Father is. Jesus himself said "the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him", Jesus made no mention of himself, he ONLY mentioned the Father as the receiver of worship.
The Father said it about Jesus who is God come AS A MAN.
You claim I lack reasoning skill, if this is the case you should be able to prove my above reasoning to be false, let's see if you can.
I have, and I did many times before, but you have a memory problem? Jesus is God come as a man.

Now you're just being petty by demanding I quote you in full, I didn't even need to quote you, I could've just posed the question without using any of your quotes, but for some reason because I haven't used your full quote -like it even changes the meaning of what you said- you won't answer my question, its pitiful. In my post of #7089 I quoted in full and replied futher to each part of your quote, so to claim I did not quote you in full is a lie.
You didn’t quote me exactly. In addition, you should use the quote feature so I can go to the place and see the context in which it is written.

God's Truth

For the second time, you said "The Bible says we are being built in Him. So the city is God and all the saved", how could you come to such a conclusion when the verse states "he showed me [John] the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God11 and having the glory of God", how is the city God when it comes down out of heaven from him?

Heaven is God’s throne

Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Matthew 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

1 Kings 8:27 But will God indeed dwell upon the earth? Even heaven, the highest heaven, cannot contain You, much less this temple I have built.

Psalm 11:4 The LORD is in His holy temple, The LORD’s throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.

Jeremiah 23:24 "Can a man hide in secret places where I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do I not fill the heavens and earth?" declares the LORD.

God is in heaven on His throne which is heaven. He is in His holy temple. Heaven cannot contain Him. He fills the heavens and the earth.

Hebrews 12
18For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: 20(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: 21And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake 22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

When we come to Jesus to be saved, we come to the city, the heavenly Jerusalem, to where the angels are, and the church, to God, to Jesus, and to the spirits of humans. We come to the temple.

Revelation 21
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

God and Jesus are the TEMPLE IN THE CITY and the Light of the city; we are built up in that temple in the city.

The city is also called our mother.

Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

God is in heaven, in His holy temple. Heaven is God’s throne.

God and Jesus are the temple in the City, and glory of God lights it, Jesus is the light. The saved are in the body of Christ and God the temple.

God, Jesus, the church, the spirits of humans, and the angels are all in the holy city Jerusalem, our mother our home.
God fills the heaven and the earth. So tell me, how is it wrong to say the city is God?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Every one who believe thatJesus is the Christ has the same Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

We are given his Spirit and we still have our own spirit which is who we are.

We have a body with our own spirit in it. When we are saved, we are given the Holy Spirit, which is the Father and the son.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are given his Spirit and we still have our own spirit which is who we are.

We have a body with our own spirit in it. When we are saved, we are given the Holy Spirit, which is the Father and the son.

We Get it ALL! The Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the saved receive the Holy Spirit, they receive the Father and the Son.
They are one and 'one' means 'the same'.
[h=1]John 14:16-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h] [h=3]Role of the Spirit[/h]
16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

God's Truth

John 14:16-17

Role of the Spirit

16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

Jesus is the one who was with them and is the one who will be in them.
John 14:23

We are only given one Spirit when we are saved; it is proof the Father and Jesus are the same.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus IS that Spirit who was living with them.

We are only given one Spirit when we are saved; it is proof the Father and Jesus are the same.

Wrong!!! They are not the same. They are two different persons.
[h=1]Matthew 3:16-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h]
16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”
​​​​​​

God's Truth

Wrong!!! They are not the same. They are two different persons.
How can a person be a person without a spirit?
Matthew 3:16-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”
​​​​​​

A person could have the Holy Spirit and be baptized with the Spirit with power.

God's Truth

One has MANY meanings. "The same" is NOT one of them.
https://www.google.com/search?q=defi...hrome&ie=UTF-8
identical; the same.
adjective: one
"all types of training meet one common standard"
synonyms:only, single, solitary, sole
Many of your posts in the thread were good, but some just crazy.
Thanks, really, I'm glad you did like some of them. I do try to post more about Jesus being God than Jesus being the Father so that perhaps BR and you, and other trinitarians will find some value in what I post. Thanks again for that.

I am debating NWL who says Jesus is not God, and how God is one. I am trying to show NWL that Jesus is that one and only God.

A Father is a PERSON.
A Son is a PERSON.

A Father and His own Son are NOT the same PERSON.
God the Father came as a son.

How else do you think God, a singular word for a singular person is three?

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Deuteronomy 32:39
'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
https://www.google.com/search?q=defi...hrome&ie=UTF-8
identical; the same.
adjective: one
"all types of training meet one common standard"
synonyms:only, single, solitary, sole

Thanks, really, I'm glad you did like some of them. I do try to post more about Jesus being God than Jesus being the Father so that perhaps BR and you, and other trinitarians will find some value in what I post. Thanks again for that.

I am debating NWL who says Jesus is not God, and how God is one. I am trying to show NWL that Jesus is that one and only God.

God the Father came as a son.

How else do you think God, a singular word for a singular person is three?

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Deuteronomy 32:39
'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.

God the Father did Not come as a Son. That is downright heresy. The Son came as one sent from the Father. Two different entities.

God's Truth

You are not stupid, you know your answer in no way answers my question, how does your answer, "No one is worshiped as God except God and Jesus Christ who is God" answer my question", answer my question, "as you stated ""We can only have glory through Jesus" are you now claiming and can you confirm it is possible for others to have God's glory?" ????

Answer the question, I'm not asking WHO is worshipped, I'm asking that since you said "We can only have glory through Jesus" are you now claiming and can you confirm it is possible for others to have God's glory?

My question is about others having God's glory, it has nothing to do with worship, deal with the question or admit you can't.
God doesn’t share His glory with anyone is about not making anyone up there with Him. Jesus is, of course, because Jesus is God.