Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

genuineoriginal

True. You are correct, here, in saying that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the same God that Jesus said His people (which excludes genuineoriginal) should pray to when we pray, "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name".
Silly liar, I did not say that.
I said:
The Bible teaches that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the same God that Jesus said we should pray to when we pray, "Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy Name".

What motivates you to choose to say "worship the Father AS God" over saying, simply, "worship the Father"?

Romans 1:21
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

You've already asserted that falsehood, over and over and over
In over 1,600 years, no Trinitarian has been able to prove that the Bible teaches the Trinity.
Therefore, it is not false to say that the Bible does not teach the Trinity.

God's Truth

I said:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

In over 1,600 years, no Trinitarian has been able to prove that the Bible teaches the Trinity.

The trinity doctrine is false, but, there are three.

God came as a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

genuineoriginal

It's not the job of the translator to make doctrinal interpolations. The use of the definite article implies YHWH rather than Elohim, so there's a doctrinal mistranslation in your text because you removed the definite article in your translation.
The modern use of capital G in God implies YHWH, the Shema says that YHWH is the only one in the Elohiym (gods; pantheon) of Israel, so there is no mistranslation in using God instead of "the God"

You've also mistranslated the shema. The word 'Elohiym" is not present in the Hebrew.
Yes and no.
The word is אֱלֹהֵינוּ, which is אֶלֹהִים with the addion of נוּ, changing it from Elohiym to Eloheinu, which is nothing more than "Our Elohiym" in Hebrew.

https://www.alpinebible.com/2016/11/shema-yisrael-adonai-elohenu-adonai-echad-deuteronomy-64/
Eloheinu: the plural 1st person possessive of אֱלֹהִים Elohim, meaning "our God".

It's not really accurate to call Elohim a pantheon
Maybe it is not completely accurate, but it gets the point across better than trying to explain the plural Elohiym and singular pronouns used for YHWH in other ways.

Last edited:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Oh, but you did say it:

The Bible teaches that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the same God that Jesus said we should pray to when we pray, "Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy Name".

Since the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is Jesus, you are telling me, correctly, that the Bible teaches that Jesus is that same God that Jesus said His people should pray to when praying, "Our Father which art in heaven...."

I had asked you:

What (if anything) would you say is the difference between worshiping the Father, on the one hand, and worshiping the Father AS God, on the other? What motivates you to choose to say "worship the Father AS God" over saying, simply, "worship the Father"?

So far, you've not answered either of these questions I asked you. You certainly did not answer either of them by quoting Romans 1:21, which is one more example of a Bible verse that does not contain your extra-Biblical formula, "worship ___ AS ___":

No "worship ___ AS ___", there. Not even a "worshiped ___ NOT AS ___". Sorry. Try again. Maybe try actually reading the questions I've asked you, instead of trying to answer questions I never asked you.

By "prove", do you mean anything other than that no Trinitarian has been able to cause you and your fellow Bible-despising anti-Christs to cease and desist from being the Bible-despising anti-Christs you are? Of course you don't. I got news for you: there's nothing we can do about your hardened, anti-Christ heart--about your "confirmation bias", as you have called it. We'll still declare the truth to you, nonetheless, and you'll still treasure up wrath unto yourself by despising and opposing it, of course.

Anyway, remember that, as you've demonstrated, you are an irrationalist who claims that a proposition can be both false, and proved, so your ravings about proving are utterly worthless, in any case.

Since the Bible teaches the Trinity, of course it is false to say that the Bible does not teach the Trinity. But you love your darkness and falsehood, and you despise the Truth, so you're obviously going to keep on with your ravings.

genuineoriginal

the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is Jesus
No, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is YHWH, and Jesus is the Son of God.
no Trinitarian has been able to cause you and your fellow Bible-despising anti-Christs to cease and desist from being the Bible-despising anti-Christs
The Bible does not teach the Trinity.
That is the reason that no Trinitarian has been able to prove that the Trinity doctrine is taught in the Bible.

Is it despising the Bible to tell people to stop making claims that the Bible teaches something that the Bible does not teach?
No.

Is it anti-Christ to state that the Bible says Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?
No.

God's Truth

I posted the the part of the definition that you chose to ignore, but which is the part I see is the true definition when looking at all of the uses of the word god/gods/God in the Bible.

You are not telling the truth about me. You need to post exactly what the definition says and not chop it up. In addition, give the link so we can all see.

Theo102

The modern use of capital G in God implies YHWH
No, it's a confused conflation of YHWH, Elohim, and deity in general. For example in Genesis 3:1, "LORD God" is a translation of YHWH Elohim.

the Shema says that YHWH is the only one in the Elohiym (gods; pantheon) of Israel, so there is no mistranslation in using God instead of "the God"
No, the shema doesn't mention elohim.

שמע ישראל יהוה אלהינו יהוה אחד
hear israel YHWH elohinuw YHWH one

Elohinuw is a construction made from the trilateral root elah and the the inuw suffix, which can mean "our":

ותאמר הבכירה אל הצעירה אבינו זקן ואיש אין בארץ לבוא עלינו כדרך כל הארץ
And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father [is] old, and [there is] not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
Genesis 19:31

So the shema translates as "Hear Israel, YHWH is our Elah/Eloah, YHWH is one. The shema emphasises the singular nature of YHWH by using the singular elohinuw and echad, meaning one.

Yes and no.
The word is אֱלֹהֵינוּ, which is אֶלֹהִים with the addion of נוּ, changing it from Elohiym to Eloheinu, which is nothing more than "Our Elohiym" in Hebrew.
No, elohinuw removes the plural suffix yud-mem, so the result can never be plural.

Here's the yud-nun-waw suffix, meaning "our", applied to the feminine plural Hebrew word אבות abwat (fathers).

ויאמר פרעה אל אחיו מה מעשיכם ויאמרו אל פרעה רעה צאן עבדיך גם אנחנו גם אבותינו
And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What [is] your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants [are] shepherds, both we, [and] also our fathers.
Genesis 47:3

Eloheinu: the plural 1st person possessive of אֱלֹהִים Elohim, meaning "our God".

That's flat out wrong, it's contradicted by standard relational suffixes in the Hebrew text.

genuineoriginal

Oh you playing like that? I know how dishonest you are because I did a google search, duh.
I don't know why you would get a different result that I did.

If you want more complete definitions, here is some, both come from https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/deity

deity
A deity is a supernatural being, like a god or goddess, that is worshipped by people who believe it controls or exerts force over some aspect of the world.

The word deity means "divine nature." It was coined by Saint Augustine, a theologian whose writings were very influential in the shaping of Western Christianity. Deity comes from the Latin word for "god": deus. The divine nature of deities is believed to be immortal goodness and powerfulness.

deity
any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force

genuineoriginal

God's Truth

I don't know why you would get a different result that I did.

If you want more complete definitions, here is some, both come from https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/deity

deity
A deity is a supernatural being, like a god or goddess, that is worshipped by people who believe it controls or exerts force over some aspect of the world.

The word deity means "divine nature." It was coined by Saint Augustine, a theologian whose writings were very influential in the shaping of Western Christianity. Deity comes from the Latin word for "god": deus. The divine nature of deities is believed to be immortal goodness and powerfulness.

deity
any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force

You know you didn't post exactly what the definition says.

Now stop coming back and being deceitful.

You said Jesus isn't God but is another God but still is deity.

I told you that there is only one Divine God, unless you are a pagan.

You chopped up a dictionary definition, and then give more definitions that appear to back up the false thing you said.

de·i·ty
/ˈdēədē,ˈdāədē/

noun
  1. a god or goddess (in a polytheistic religion).
    "a deity of ancient Greece"
    Similar:
    god
    goddess
    divine being
    celestial being
    supreme being
    divinity
    immortal
    creator
    demiurge
    godhead
    daemon
    numen
    • divine status, quality, or nature.
      "a ruler driven by delusions of deity"
    • the creator and supreme being (in a monotheistic religion such as Christianity).
      noun: Deity; noun: the Deity

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
What are you talking about you miserable little liar?
Post a quote from me that proves your claim.

You teach that Jesus is not God: that is you teaching that Jesus is not good.

You disagree with Jesus that there is none good but one, that is, God?