Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Lon

No logical person would be surprised that a coward like you would refuse to answer 3 simple questions. Yet Christ taught openly in the temple and withheld nothing. You need to get off your denominational norm bus to hell, and become a disciple of Christ, a disciple of truth and logic.
Ah, you are on another ban. No, you aren't getting the point or are lying. Which is it? I said clearly my position makes your questions untenuable (meaningless). I care if you 'cannot' make the logical connection but I don't care if you are doing it purposefully (lying).
I will only ever respond if you admit to ignorance but not if you are being purposefully misrepresenting. Such is a lie and will not be addressed.

Be gracious and ask if you do not understand, but do stop with the flaming.

oatmeal

GOD Just Said IT!!!!!!!! - Read IT: -- ((( Isaiah 9:6 KJV ))!!!!!! -- Well that is likely NOT Your God, but that IS MINE - who said IT!!!!

Paul, David -- 082714

What are you referring to?

Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

What name are you called by?

You choose to be known as "Letsargue" so you are the one who argues for no apparent reason.

Do you know any ladies by the name of "Faith" how about "Faith Hill"

Since her name is Faith, then she is the faith that is written in scriptures?

Her surname is Hill, so then because she is called "Hill" she is actually a hill, a large mound of dirt?

Psalm 23 is God literally a shepherd? Does He keep sheep on some hill on the earth somewhere? Maybe in the Jerusalem area?

Or does he call himself a shepherd because of the incredible loving care a good shepherd has for his sheep?

Letsargue

You miscounted.
4000 years passed when Jesus went to the cross.
Add 2000 years, and we are almost in the Milennial Sabbath.

No , NO, "NO", -- "NO"!!!!

Look at the whole Book at once, - the Whole BOOK!!!!

There has been the same thing as the "Jubilee", but not called "Jubilee" through out the Time of God in His Creation.

When Adam was put out of the Garden, that was the First - ?Jubilee, - but - "Backwards". Not for Re'demption, but for Con'demnation. -- ( God took the woman out of the Man ), while in the Garden, and they were put out on the ?day of "Condemnation, or the first "?Jubilee. ----- About 6,000 years later, on the Last "Jubilee, - now called -"Pentecost", - the second, or the LAST Pentecost / Old Law Jubilee, (( the woman was PUT Back in the Man )), the Second Man ADAM, ( and God brought Him back into the NEW Garden of God ) to eat of the Tree of Life, the Only Tree!!
(( Song of Solomon 6:11 KJV )) -- 11- "I went down into the (( Garden of Nuts )) to see the Fruits of the valley, (( and to see whether the - "VINE" Flourished, and the "Pomegranates" budded". --//----- The Tree of Life is / was a NUT Tree, and the "Pomegranate" is the Fruit of LOVE!!

The Flesh of the Nut is the Flesh of Christ, and the OIL of the Nut is the Blood, or the Holy Ghost, AND The whole "Seed" of the NUT is GOD, the Father; ((( The Gospel of Christ ))) the Life in the New Garden of Christ / GOD!!!

If you Cannot SEE That, You cannot SEE the Light of the Spirit!!

Paul, David -- 082714

Letsargue

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

What name are you called by?

You choose to be known as "Letsargue" so you are the one who argues for no apparent reason.

Do you know any ladies by the name of "Faith" how about "Faith Hill"

Since her name is Faith, then she is the faith that is written in scriptures?

Her surname is Hill, so then because she is called "Hill" she is actually a hill, a large mound of dirt?

Psalm 23 is God literally a shepherd? Does He keep sheep on some hill on the earth somewhere? Maybe in the Jerusalem area?

Or does he call himself a shepherd because of the incredible loving care a good shepherd has for his sheep?

I AM Paul and David. - That IS MY first and second NAME. However, - that is not MY Spiritual NAME! - I have NO "Name" just who, or WHAT - I AM. -- Just Read the Book and let Him stay in the Mind He gave, and you don't have; The "Mind of Christ" that is ONLY Given AT AD70, your Time, not my Time.

Paul, David -- 082714

journey

If you knew scripture, you would not offer such unsubstantiated opinions.

John 14:12 makes it clear that any believe can do the same works he did and greater

When are you going to read the Bible on this subject?

It appears that you're talking about yourself again. Come back and talk with us after you learn the beginner's basics. Example: Jesus Christ is God, One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Yes, that would be a good start for you.

Cruciform

I made no assertion and therefore have nothing to prove.This is just you attempting to shift the burden of proof again.Sad is that you're not even willing to try.Is whatever evidence you have so weak?
Already answered.

I'm certain your "god" know what it will take and will provide you with the proper tools. Surely, you (and he) have something more than a bald assertion.
Your inability to actually answer the question is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Pierac

When all is said and done Jesus is God - otherwise Christianity worships a "lesser" deity than the God of the Jews!

You speak as a child... Jesus teaches... no he actually tells you who to worship!!! :readthis:

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

You want me to go deeper jgarden... I can make this shallow post as deep as the blood of the Christ.... using His own words. After all... I just showed you Jesus' understanding of a TRUE WORSHIPER... and they do not worship Him nor does He want them too as Jesus very own words show!!! :rolleyes:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

oatmeal

I AM Paul and David. - That IS MY first and second NAME. However, - that is not MY Spiritual NAME! - I have NO "Name" just who, or WHAT - I AM. -- Just Read the Book and let Him stay in the Mind He gave, and you don't have; The "Mind of Christ" that is ONLY Given AT AD70, your Time, not my Time.

Paul, David -- 082714

If that verse is talking about Jesus Christ, then what it does tell us is

what his name shall be called.

You are called Paul and David, yet you do not claim to be the Paul and David in scripture, why is that?

oatmeal

:sigh:

Which is why John says both: "with AND was" (state of being - is/was).

:sigh: Condescension when it is you missing the point is just sad :(

We are talking about a verse, one that cannot be rewritten by a dictionary to obfuscate and/or suit your whims. The verse, John 1:1, says 'with and was' (both) verbatim. :(

(sorry, you too are on ignore, and for stuff similar as this above, but I will occassionally look when I post in your thread as it seems fair to do so once or twice after posting)

Lon,

Your self exalted education has failed you.

Can you be with your computer and be your computer?

You miss the point of both phrases.

Let alone be able to put them together.

The mind can believe whatever it chooses to.

You have chosen to believe error

Since your believe Jesus is God, when "the word was with God" could be stated, "the word was with Jesus" who then is the word that was with Jesus?

Elia

When all is said and done Jesus is God - otherwise Christianity worships a "lesser" deity than the God of the Jews!

Bs'd

There is only one God who is one, and that is J-H-W-H.

Besides Him there is no God.

Anybody who worships anything or anybody else than J-H-W-H is an idol worshiper. Plain and simple.

oatmeal

It appears that you're talking about yourself again. Come back and talk with us after you learn the beginner's basics. Example: Jesus Christ is God, One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Yes, that would be a good start for you.

John 5:39, Acts 17:11, II Timothy 2:15, II Peter 1:20-21 and other verses like that are important to me.

Truth in its basic form is simple

Like I Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

God is God

men are men

the man Christ Jesus

Who is the one mediator between God and men?

a. God

b. The God Christ Jesus

c. The second person of the trinity

d. God the Son

e. a fully God/fully man human

f. a God/man

e. the man Christ Jesus

"e" and only "e" is the scriptural answer

That verse cuts through all your smoke and mirrors

Oh, I noticed you did not refer to any scripture in your post.

And you think you have something valid to offer?

All you offer is opinion, not one scripture whatsoever

Last edited:

Elia

Bs'd

Isaiah 9:2-7 "2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined. 3 Thou hast multiplied the nation, thou hast increased its joy; they rejoice before thee as with joy at the harvest, as men rejoice when they divide the spoil. 4 For the yoke of his burden, and the staff for his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, thou hast broken as on the day of Mid'ian. 5 For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". 7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this."
Please take notice of the fact that Isaiah is talking in the past tense: "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.|

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government is upon his shoulder, and his name was called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

These are things which had happened already in the days of Isaiah.

If, despite these facts, you still want to apply these verses to JC, than read verse 5, 6, and 7, and see that JC didn't do any of those things. He never ruled on the throne of David, he never had any government on his shoulders, and there never was endless peace over his kingdom.

The same holds true for the verses 6 and 7: "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". 7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this."

All of this doesn't hold true for JC; he never had any government on his shoulder. And also here is spoken in the past tense: "A child is born, a son is given. But most translations give it in the future tense. For instance the RSV, NIV, NAS, ESV, KJV, NIRV, the all say; "His name will be called ....", future tense. However, in the Hebrew text this too is past tense: "His name was called ...." The Hebrew expression here is "wayikra". That is the first word in the book of Leviticus. And all the previously mentioned translations there say: "And the Lord called Mozes ..." Past tense. Exactly the same the word. Isn't that weird? Exactly the same word is used in Genesis 5:1; "And God called the light 'day'" Called. Past tense. Nobody argues with that one. But why then, in Isaiah 9, is it suddenly changed to future tense? The answer is simple: The past tense doesn't fit with the Christian theology, and therefore the Bible translations are corrupted and twisted to fit the Christian religion. Just like that. There is only one solution for this problem: Take a course in Biblical Hebrew. It is more easy then it looks. Then your eyes will be opened and the Christian deception will stare you in the face. And yes, I do sympathize with the poor misguided Christians whom are being led astray by their clergy by means of twisted and corrupted Bible translations. That's the reason why I fulfill my duty of being a light unto the nations and uncovering the Christian deception.
"Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end" "There will be no end", future tense. And this too is WRONG. It is in the Hebrew present tense. I found only one translation which is correct here, and that is Young's Literal Translation.

Why all this stress on the tenses? Isaiah spoke about a king who was living in his days, and therefore JC is out. The king that Isaiah speaks about is Hezekiah, the son of Achaz who got from Isaiah the sign about the young woman (no, not the virgin) who was pregnant and gave birth to the son Immanuel.
The Talmud explains that under the rule of the God fearing Hezekiah the Jewish kingdom rose to great heights, and that's why he was entitled to those impressive titles.

Because of the fact that the name of the son is "Mighty God", (or "God is Mighty", both are possible translations) and "Eternals Father", the Christians deduce that the boy spoken about must have been God.
HOWEVER, a name is only that; a name. A name is not a description of the bearer of that name. An example: Buffalo Bill was not a buffalo. The indian chief Sitting Bull was not a bull.
Many times people in the Bible have in their name the word "God", or the name of God, but that doesn't mean that those people are God. For instance; in Exodus 6:23 is spoken about a man called "Elazar". That means "God is helper", or "Helping God". But that doesn't mean that that man was God.
Exodus 6:24; "Elkanah", that means "God acquired", or "acquiring God". II Samuel 22:19; "Elchanan"; "God is merciful", or "Merciful God". But these men were not God, just like the the child in Isaiah 9 wasn't God.

Apart from that, the Hebrew words "El gibor", in Christian Bibles translated with "Mighty God", can have a different meaning. "El" can mean "God", but it can also mean "judge", "leader", or "mighty man". In Exodus 4:16 God says to Moses that he will be of an elohiem for his brother Aharon. ("elohim" is the longer form of the word "el") This doesn't mean that Moses was a God for Aharon and Aharon started to worship his brother, it meant that Moses would be the leader of Aharon.
In Exodus 21:1-6 is spoken about a slave who after the normal period of servitude ended, doesn't want to leave his master. In that case the owner has to take him to court, where the slave will make a statement that he doesn't want to leave his master, and that he will serve his master until his death. The Hebrew text there says that his master must take him to the "elohim". There the NAS, ASV, ESV, NRSV, RSV, YLT, they all say that his master must take him "to God". However, his master doesn't take him for a ride to heaven, but takes him to the courthouse. Therefore the NIV, KJV, TNIV, and the NIRV, they all say that the master must take him to "the judges".

Even so in Isaiah 9 the word "El" does not necessarily mean "God". Therefore the text in Isaiah 9 is in no way a proof that the child spoken about was God.

Elia

Bs'd

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Letsargue

You speak as a child... Jesus teaches... no he actually tells you who to worship!!! :readthis:

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

You want me to go deeper jgarden... I can make this shallow post as deep as the blood of the Christ.... using His own words. After all... I just showed you Jesus' understanding of a TRUE WORSHIPER... and they do not worship Him nor does He want them too as Jesus very own words show!!! :rolleyes:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

((( GENIUS )))!!!! - Prove this wrong, - IF You Desire / PRAY to GOD!!!!!

You are - "DEEP" - in the Bottomless Pit ALREADY!!!

It's people Just like you, - and They ALL ARE, - who Just don't Care what GOD Has SAID!! - You "ALL" - already have your own (( Differing )) stupid doctrines - of ENERY Person's "KIND" in your own ARKS!!!, and that IS who everyone of you ARE!!!

WORSHIP GOD????? -- Who, or What IS That??? --- In the beginning was the (( WORD )), -- "AND" The (( "WORD" )) Was "WITH" GOD, -- "AND" the (( WORD )) ((( Was GOD )))!!!!!

That "Trinity of GOD", - who ((( IS ))) The "WORD" of God, - and the "SAVING POWER" of "LAW", And then - "SAID"!!!!!!! - I AM One GOD - while in your FOOLS FACES!!!!!

What's THIS???:::>>-- (((( Matthew 28:19 KJV )))) -- 19- "Go ye "THEREFORE", ( and teach all nations ), ((( BAPTIZING ))) (( THEM )) in the ((((( "NAME" )))))) "OF" the ((((( FATHER, -- "AND OF" the SON, -- "AND OF" the HOLY GHOST )))))!!!! --//-----

Now take heed unto Yourself and the Doctrine, -- "IF" - YOU ARE A "(( CHRISTIAN ))"!!!!! --- But YOU CAN'T Heed yourself. -- You all are already "Promised" to SATAN!!!!

None of YOU Can Prove This Wrong, and None of you WANT TOO, Or CARE TOO!!!!

Paul, David -- 082814

Letsargue

If that verse is talking about Jesus Christ, then what it does tell us is

what his name shall be called.

You are called Paul and David, yet you do not claim to be the Paul and David in scripture, why is that?

(( WHAT Are YOU Trying TO DO, OR SAY!!! ))????

I Just Said what I Said, - and I said NOTHING ELSE!!! - What must I SAY To make you HAPPY??? -- Something that you can accept??? -- NO!! - I "WILL" Only give You the Truth / CHRIST who Is "NOW" the Spirit of the Word of God who you ALL Have slain!!!!, AND Will never Repent of that ONE THING!!!!! -- Read that in Acts 2 KJV!!!!

((( GOD SAYS IT )))!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 082814

Letsargue

If you knew scripture, you would not offer such unsubstantiated opinions.

John 14:12 makes it clear that any believe can do the same works he did and greater

When are you going to read the Bible on this subject?

You MUST Be Kidding!!!!???!!!!!

((( JESUS / "JESUS"!!!!!! ))), - Not "Christ" - said that to those He was "LOOKING" in the Face to, ---- Not "YOU"!!!! -- ((( "He" That "Believeth", --- "BELIEVETH" )))!!!!! - Not "WILL" Believe, -but (( "Believeth" ))!!!!! -- DOOO You hear Him NOW????

(((( Just HOW Do You ALL Do That???!!!!!)))) -- God just says what HE SAYS, and He does NOT / "NOT" Say what You Blind know-it-alls Say He Says, --- He DON'T!!!!

Paul, David -- 082814

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You MUST Be Kidding!!!!???!!!!!

((( JESUS / "JESUS"!!!!!! ))), - Not "Christ" - said that to those He was "LOOKING" in the Face to, ---- Not "YOU"!!!! -- ((( "He" That "Believeth", --- "BELIEVETH" )))!!!!! - Not "WILL" Believe, -but (( "Believeth" ))!!!!! -- DOOO You hear Him NOW????

(((( Just HOW Do You ALL Do That???!!!!!)))) -- God just says what HE SAYS, and He does NOT / "NOT" Say what You Blind know-it-alls Say He Says, --- He DON'T!!!!

Paul, David -- 082814

RELAX!! Your heads gonna blow up!!