Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I had assumed you were speaking from ignorance instead of from stupidity, but you are very close to proving me wrong.

In the vast majority of the words of Jesus when speaking about Himself, the only true God, and the Holy Spirit, Jesus is very clear that:
  • Jesus is not the only true God
  • Jesus is not the Holy Spirit
  • The Holy Spirit is not the only true God

In a few verses that are usually used with the presupposition that Jesus is the only true God, the most obvious meaning of Jesus' words is discarded in favor of using His words to "prove" that Jesus is the only true God.

You must have a reason to suppose that the vast majority of the words of Jesus should be discarded in favor of the few words that can be used to support the trinity.

I see.
You publicly confess that you are a student of a false religion that was given by demons in order to lead people astray.

So, your reason for rejecting the words of Jesus is because you prefer the doctrines of demons.

Your technique for discerning truth is your own business. Your knowledge of imaginary demons and what they do in your imagination, is your business. In fact that is the exact same accusation made against Jesus who equated himself with God.

My understanding of Jesus as a divine incarnate being who's Father is also a deity is my business, my belief, my Faith.

The great majority of Christians who have believed that Jesus is God the Son incarnate over the ages did so quite apart from the most recent Urantia Book.

God's Truth

Your technique for discerning truth is your own business. Your knowledge of imaginary demons and what they do in your imagination, is your business. In fact that is the exact same accusation made against Jesus who equated himself with God.

My understanding of Jesus as a divine incarnate being who's Father is also a deity is my business, my belief, my Faith.

The great majority of Christians who have believed that Jesus is God the Son incarnate over the ages did so quite apart from the most recent Urantia Book.

It is good that you believe Jesus is God in the flesh, but too bad you built your own Jesus by picking out truth and throwing it away.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It is good that you believe Jesus is God in the flesh, but too bad you built your own Jesus by picking out truth and throwing it away.

Which one do you "pick"?

Exodus 21

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Matthew 5

38"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' 39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.…

God's Truth

Which one do you "pick"?

Exodus 21

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Matthew 5

38"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' 39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.…

Does Jesus say do not believe it that there was a command about an eye for an eye? NO. Jesus does not say what you say. You deny the scriptures. Jesus fulfilled them. Through Jesus, we do not have to pay back evil for evil. Through Jesus, we have the freedom to forgive others. Through Jesus, we have and give mercy.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Does Jesus say do not believe it that there was a command about an eye for an eye? NO. Jesus does not say what you say. You deny the scriptures. Jesus fulfilled them. Through Jesus, we do not have to pay back evil for evil. Through Jesus, we have the freedom to forgive others. Through Jesus, we have and give mercy.

God has always been the same, he has always been forgiving. Jesus who was (God incarnate) revealed the Father in greater detail. Jesus taught a new way letting the old way die on the vine.

God's Truth

God has always been the same, he has always been forgiving. Jesus who was (God incarnate) revealed the Father in greater detail. Jesus taught a new way letting the old way die on the vine.

Again, Jesus did not say anything from the Old Testament was false, as you say.

As for Jesus teaching a new way letting the old way die on the vine...what scripture says it just like that?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Again, Jesus did not say anything from the Old Testament was false, as you say.

As for Jesus teaching a new way letting the old way die on the vine...what scripture says it just like that?

You didn't answer my question, is an "eye for an eye" right or turn the other cheek and forgive?

God's Truth

You didn't answer my question, is an "eye for an eye" right or turn the other cheek and forgive?

I did answer the question.

You did not acknowledge the truth, and that is that you do not say what Jesus says.

Does Jesus say what you say? Does Jesus say the Old Testament about an eye for an eye was not true? No. Jesus does not say that.

We have mercy and forgiveness through Jesus.

Through Jesus, we have freedom to forgive and have mercy, for that is the way we will also be forgiven and given mercy.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
All power was given to Jesus by "god." If Jesus is "god" how could he give himself something he already had from the "beginning?"

It makes no sense whatsoever.

First define God and then tell me how it doesn't make sense that the Infinite, Eternal I AM can create a subordinate deity and in so doing delegate powers and authority to him to create in time and space.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I did answer the question.

You did not acknowledge the truth, and that is that you do not say what Jesus says.

Does Jesus say what you say? Does Jesus say the Old Testament about an eye for an eye was not true? No. Jesus does not say that.

We have mercy and forgiveness through Jesus.

Through Jesus, we have freedom to forgive and have mercy, for that is the way we will also be forgiven and given mercy.

We've always had the freedom to forgive, God doesn't change, mans understanding of God changes.

You still didn't pick which one was right.

God's Truth

First define God and then tell me how it doesn't make sense that the Infinite, Eternal I AM can create a subordinate deity and in so doing delegate powers and authority to him to create in time and space.

You built your own god, which is no god.

What is a "subordinate deity" and what would one do that an infinite, omniscient, omnipotent, immutable, omnipresent, transcendent, incorporeal deity couldn't do?

It baffles me that any definition of the christian "god" almost always ends with the caveat that he is incomprehensible even though they seem to know everything about him.

Last edited:
Acts 7:55-56

But he (Stephen), being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”​

:think:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First define God and then tell me how
someone as ignorant as me knows how to type on a laptop, without
someone standing over me and instructing me how to do it? That says
something about how the Urantia book must have, at least a modicum
of truth in it or maybe less as the case may be? (Fixed it)

Yeah, you're doing good Caino! No matter what anybody else says;
GM says you're, at least, some form of intelligence or an unreasonable
facsimile?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What is a "subordinate deity" and what would one do that an infinite, omniscient, omnipotent, immutable, omnipresent, transcendent, incorporeal deity couldn't do?

It baffles me that any definition of the christian "god" almost always ends with the caveat that he is incomprehensible even though they seem to know everything about him.

You didn't define God and why he can't have a divine Son.

Your befuddlement is based on the false premise that those of us who have faith in God the Son understand everything about God. I never said that. Rather we believe in and trust his revelation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You didn't define God and why he can't have a divine Son.

Your befuddlement is based on the false premise that those of us who have faith in God the Son understand everything about God. I never said that. Rather we believe in and trust his revelation.

You don't have faith in God! If you did, you'd trust in His written word and not the Urantia book!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Acts 7:55-56

But he (Stephen), being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”​

:think:

.......with all power and authority in heaven and on earth. :chuckle: