Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I use the term a god, not God. Why is the term most high God. Christ is a form of God as stated in Phil 2. Being a form of God does not make you God.

Posted from the TOL App!

Yes, He was EQUAL with God.

Philippians 2:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

keypurr

Yes, He was EQUAL with God.

Philippians 2:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Did he not tell you that his Father is greater than ALL.

THE KJV is in error in Phil 2 when compared with the other translations. No one is equal to the Father.

Posted from the TOL App!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did he not tell you that his Father is greater than ALL.

THE KJV is in error in Phil 2 when compared with the other translations. No one is equal to the Father.

Posted from the TOL App!

Wrong.

Philippians 2:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

Philippians 2:6
English Standard Version (ESV)

6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Philippians 2:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Philippians 2:6 American Standard Version (ASV)

6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Philippians 2:6 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

6 Who being in the form of God, thought it no robbery to be equal with God:

Need more?

Aimiel

I use the term a god, not God. Why is the term most high God. Christ is a form of God as stated in Phil 2. Being a form of God does not make you God.
He is a 'form' of God just as the pillar of fire, pillar of cloud, burning bush, Son of Man in the fiery furnace and every other 'form' of God, such as when He walked WITH Adam in the Garden of Eden. He is God, in The Flesh. He is Almighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. There is none beside Him.

keypurr

He is a 'form' of God just as the pillar of fire, pillar of cloud, burning bush, Son of Man in the fiery furnace and every other 'form' of God, such as when He walked WITH Adam in the Garden of Eden. He is God, in The Flesh. He is Almighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. There is none beside Him.

At one time I did agree, but no more. You will only learn half the truth in church friend. Listen to your Lord, read John 17:3.

Posted from the TOL App!

Aimiel

I believe that Jesus is The Son of God, but is also God, in The Flesh. The Lord revealed His Identity to me through Romans 8:9. The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ are One and The Same. Jesus Is Christ. Making Jesus and Christ two different beings is simply heresy.

journey

I believe that Jesus is The Son of God, but is also God, in The Flesh. The Lord revealed His Identity to me through Romans 8:9. The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ are One and The Same. Jesus Is Christ. Making Jesus and Christ two different beings is simply heresy.

Amen! - I agree completely - good post.

Pierac

In the Old Testament, God calls HIMSELF THE FIRST AND THE LAST. That is exactly what Jesus calls himself in Revelation!

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

JESUS calls HIMSELF the FIRST and the LAST in Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Read Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Jesus calls himself the SAME EXACT name that God calls Himself. So then, why do you have a problem with my calling Jesus God?

Because JESUS does no such thing!!!! Jesus is using a title from the old testament.... in NO WAY can be associated with being GOD...

Adam is called the Son of God... do you suggest Luke is claiming Adam to be Jesus? :chuckle:

Luke 3:38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

You post to support your traditions of men... Not to seek the truth... thus I will always make you to look the fool when it comes to scripture! :first:

So read my post again……..

Revelation 22: 6 - 13
I am the Alpha and the Omega.
This is referenced to Revelation 1:8. But Revelation 1:8 is talking about The Almighty, Revelation 22:12 is not using this title for Jesus but for God again. If we read Revelation 22:6 it tells us who the subject is, "The Lord, the God of prophetic spirits." Jesus does say in Revelation 1:17 that, "I am the first and the last." We will examine what he meant by that statement.

Just because the same title is used to describe two people does not mean that those two people are one. David called King Saul "My Lord " but that does not make Saul God (1 Samuel 24:9).

Israel’s Judges were called "saviors" but that does not make them and Jesus one person? (Nehemiah 9:27).

Jeroboam the Second of Israel is called "Israel’s savior," but that does not make him Jesus? (2 Kings 13:5)

Before we discuss these verses it would benefit us to understand John’s view of God.

Examples:
John 17:3
"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Revelation 1:6
"Who (Jesus) has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

John 20:17
"But go to my brothers and tell them, "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

In these verses John does not consider Jesus to be God in any way. For John, Jesus has a God. John also does not believe Jesus to be omniscient even after his resurrected state.
Revelation 1:1 says:

"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him."

Even after his resurrection Jesus is not omniscient. God still gives him revelations. Emphasis on God gives him. Now we will look at Revelation 1:17 with the correct background of John’s thinking, and not with a mind set on making Jesus God at all costs.

It is obvious that God Almighty is the first and the last, but how is Jesus also the first and the last? Jesus is the first because he is the firstborn in two ways. One, he is the firstborn of God, which to the Jews implied that as the firstborn you are entitled to be the heir of your father, which Jesus is (Hebrews 1:2). Also according to Strong’s Greek Dictionary it means foremost in importance, which Jesus certainly is. This also corresponds with Psalms 89: 28 - 30.

Secondly, Jesus is the firstborn from the dead to be resurrected, which is what Jesus is speaking about in Revelation 1:18 which follows his statement that he is the first and the last. It reads:

"I am the first and the last, the one who lives. Once I was dead, but now I am alive forever."

This is also is in agreement with Colossians 1: 18. Jesus is the last because when he comes again it will be the end of the present age, and he will be in effect the last one to enter this world while it is still under the influence of Satan. He will then usher in the Messianic kingdom of God.

You can not be God and then claim to have one as Jesus clearly teaches He Has!!!

Jesus has a GOD... and your traditions of men can not explain why!!! :readthis:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Here's your chance to shine.... I'm giving you the floor...
So teach us all... exactly how can Jesus Be GOD and then claim to Have a GOD... as He so clearly teaches!!!:rolleyes:

Show us God's Truth... How can Jesus be God and clearly teach us He has a GOD??? :readthis:

:poly::sherlock:
I just owned you!!!
Paul

Pierac

Amen! - I agree completely - good post.

Hey Journey,

Let me ask you to get in on the action instead of following others... Buck up and offer your opinion too! Why don't you attempt to teach us all how Jesus is GOD but claims to Have a GOD... :rolleyes:

Don't be weak minded... Post your opinion so I can do what I do!!!

:thumb:
Paul

keypurr

Wrong.

6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Need more?

Who do you believe?

(ESV) who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

(NAS77) who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

(NASB) who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

(NET.) who though he existed in the form of God
did not regard equality with God
as something to be grasped,

Take your pick BR.

keypurr

Jesus, a man, became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
lazy idolater. What else can else can I say

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good post!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong.

Need more?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Amen!