Jesus is God !

God's Truth

Originally Posted by God's Truth
did Jesus not say he did not know the hour and the day

Right Divider: No, He did NOT!

Jesus was using a FIGURE OF SPEECH known as a GENERALIZATION.

When He said that "no man knows", He was NOT including HIMSELF as GOD KNOWS ALL!

Look at that, RD says Jesus did not say he did not know the hour and the day.

Mark 13:32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

King James Version rebukes you saying no.

God's Truth

Rev. 19 KJV

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

The above poser's "Logic:" "Jesus" is the only one who knows his name, meaning God the Father doesn't know his name; thus, God the Father, can't be God.

You make no sense.

Where did I say God the Father doesn't know his name?

Matthew 24:36 KJV makes much more sense, from a "Jewish Roots" perspective. I rarely post a link, but this makes sense...

http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarchive/9807/980715_c.html

https://escapeallthesethings.com/no-man-knows-the-day-or-hour/

I don't need to read from your links.

You are giving scriptures about Jesus after he ascended.

Jesus SAYS the Son does not know the day or hour.
JESUS SAYS the Father is greater.

God the Father as a man is not as great as the Father in heaven.

Jesus is now in heaven ascended to the highest place.

God's Truth

I'll do what I wantever I want to do, and it certainly is not to debate a woman who doesn't understand the meaning of the word "debate".

I am debating here. As for you, merely calling me foul names and denying what I say is no debate and no defense or discussion.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You call me a heretic for speaking the truth.

John 14:28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

The Father is NOT the Son.

Elia

However, God has legs, feet, hands and a body and a face.

Bs"d

No, God has no body, and no hands, or feet, or face.

The Tanach often speaks in metaphors, and that is what is going on when it speaks about the hands or face of God.

God is not physical, but spiritual.

And most important; God is NOT a man:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

Worshipping a human being is IDOLATRY.

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19

Elia

He became flesh after those were written....and that was predicted. Why don't you quote those predictions?

Bs"d

I can't, because they don't exist.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

beameup

Bs"d
No, God has no body, and no hands, or feet, or face.
The Tanach often speaks in metaphors, and that is what is going on when it speaks about the hands or face of God.
God is not physical, but spiritual.
And most important; God is NOT a man:
"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of YHWH am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of YHWH's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. - Joshua 5:13-15

Joshua worshipped this "man"

Elia

Joshua worshipped this "man"

Bs"d

Only in your corrupted translation. Look in the Hebrew and you'll see that he only bowed down to him.

Look here in this CHRISTIAN interlinear, not in the corrupted KJV on the side, but look at the words literally translated underneath the Hebrew, and then you see that there is no "worshipping" in that verse: http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/jos5.pdf

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

beameup

Bs"d
Look in the Hebrew and you'll see that he only bowed down to him.
"Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship (the man)"- Joshua 5:14
So, Joshua prostrated himself into the dirt in front of the man as a sign of obeisance and worship shachah
Pretty easy for even a grade-school child to understand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is yet another "hint" from the Torah for the wise to understand and the foolish to disregard:

Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
Exodus 24:9-11

Nanja

We know Jesus is God Almighty, for it is He that sets Upon the Throne here at the Great White Throne Rev 20:11-12

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

We know also that God the Father appointed the man Christ Jesus / Mediator 1 Tim 2:5 to Judge the World in Righteousness Acts 17:31

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

And again we are told that All Judgment has been given to the Son John 5:22

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

So by this Matter of Judgment, the Father is clearly attesting to the fact that the Son is God also, its clear evidence of His Deity and Godhead:

Ps 50:6

And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.

The Father says to the Son Heb 1:8-9

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

None but God has the Ability and Essential Attributes to Judge all mankind, but God. He that is so qualified for such a immeasurable charge this would need to be Omniscience, in order weigh the hearts and motives of countless Millions upon Millions, to be able to know all the secrets of their hearts with pin point accuracy 1 Cor 4:5

5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come [Jesus Christ], who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels[motives] of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

He will need to have perfect recall of every idle word of men Matt 12:36

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Every Work "Ecclesiastes 11:9

9 Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God[The Man Jesus Christ] will bring thee into judgment.

God here must be the Son ! Also "Ecclesiastes 12:14

14 For God [The Man Christ Jesus appointed] shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Now Solomon under inspiration has already written 1 Kings 8:39

39 Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men)

Now if Christ be not God, Solomon has lied, and the scripture cannot be broken, Jesus attests to His Own ability to know the hearts of all men Rev 2:23

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he[God] which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Jer 17:10

I the Lord[Jesus Christ] search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Amen! Excellent compilation of scriptures and testimony that bear witness to the Truth that Jesus is God!