Jesus is God !

drbrumley

Open your mind doc, I am trying hard to explain my thoughts but I am not to good at it.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I understand what your saying...your doing an ok job explaining it, and I like the discussion. And my mind is open to it, I take your every word to prayer. Just my mind is not going to be so open my brains fall out.

drbrumley

Consider God created ALL through his logos.

Your right, God did in fact create thru His logos. The logos which the Holy Spirit has shown myself is Jesus. Your logos is a Spirit Son who was created to fill the Flesh Son, who was also created. I see no evidence for the claim.

Firstborn of all creation/creatures. The logos, express image of the Father.

Once again, you say literally first born of every creature....The logos isn't a snake, a cockroach, a shark...Simply meant, first born describes rank.

drbrumley

God is a spirit
CORRECT!

His firstborn is also a spirit
Until His Incarnation, that was true....

And the Father was pleased that it contained his fullness
Correct!

yet it was created for it is an image
of course, he went thru 9 months inside His mother. Doing everything a person born in human form does....that is not some new revelation.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

keypurr

Your right, God did in fact create thru His logos. The logos which the Holy Spirit has shown myself is Jesus. Your logos is a Spirit Son who was created to fill the Flesh Son, who was also created. I see no evidence for the claim.

Once again, you say literally first born of every creature....The logos isn't a snake, a cockroach, a shark...Simply meant, first born describes rank.

The logos was IN Jesus, it came to him by the dove at his anointing. Acts 10:38 tell you that is when Jesus received the power of the logos.

The express image (logos, spirit son) is God's first creation. The first of all creatures. This logos was used by YHWH to create ALL. Col 1:15 confirms that this logos is a creature, as all images are creations.

Phil 2 speaks of what was IN Jesus took the form of man, this is how God is made know to us, by the son he sent. This begotten son, the only son that came from above. This son needed a body, Heb 10:5.

The pieces all fit friend, Jesus is the flesh son, the Lamb. But the true son came from the true God from heaven to enlighten us.

keypurr

The logos created the snake, the deer, the Angels, and everything else. God is not a creature, everything living he created is. Only YWHW is not a creature. His Son is a creation in Hebrews 1:3, an exact image in Heb 1:3. He is the highest of all creation. Only God is above him. The logos was made first, firstborn. He Is the highest of all creation so he is firstborn of priority in heaven and earth. He is our Lord, but he is not our God.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Doc, I pray that you see my thoughts as they will strengthen your faith to a new level.

keypurr

CORRECT!

Until His Incarnation, that was true....

Correct!

of course, he went thru 9 months inside His mother. Doing everything a person born in human form does....that is not some new revelation.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Look at the verse 5 above. Notice it reads: ......which was also IN Christ Jesus...........

Jesus is NOT the logos, the logos was IN him. The logos was IN him.

The spirit son needed a body prepared for him. The spirit son became flesh. That is what I have been posting for over five years.

glorydaz

Look at the verse 5 above. Notice it reads: ......which was also IN Christ Jesus...........

The spirit son needed a body prepared for him. The spirit son became flesh. That is what I have been posting for over five years.

Verse 5 is speaking of the humility and unselfishness of Christ Jesus. :rolleyes:

glorydaz

The logos created the snake, the deer, the Angels, and everything else. God is not a creature, everything living he created is. Only YWHW is not a creature. His Son is a creation in Hebrews 1:3, an exact image in Heb 1:3. He is the highest of all creation. Only God is above him. The logos was made first, firstborn. He Is the highest of all creation so he is firstborn of priority in heaven and earth. He is our Lord, but he is not our God.

Your Jehovah Witness roots are still well entrenched. :nono:

keypurr

Verse 5 is speaking of the humility and unselfishness of Christ Jesus. :rolleyes:

Nope, its not. It speaking of the logos IN Jesus, the logos is a created form of God. It was sent to dwell on the body prepared for IT. HEB 10:5. It spoke through Jesus to bring us light.

keypurr

Glorydaz, there is so much more to the Christ than most learn in church. You use the term God-man alot, that is not quite correct. This may sound silly to you but Jesus was just a sinless man who became possessed by the logos. The logos is a form of God, for the Father was pleased that IT CONTAINED HIS FULLNESS. BUT It/he is a creature , a spirit like YHWH. IT/he is a created form of God, yet not God.

Jesus told us that only his Father is the true God, believe that. However Jesus Christ is our Lord, not our God. He deserves praise and worship for the sacrifice he has made and the power that was given to him. Jesus was born as a human, but the logos, the spirit son came down from above in the form of a dove to dwell in Jesus.

The Universe was not created by a man.

And the spirit of God moved across the face of the waters..........

keypurr

I see no humility in that statement. :nono:

My thoughts have really enhanced my faith in God and his Son.

God knows my mind and the love that I have for him and the Son who suffered for me. It matters not to me if others see my humility or not.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Keypurr, is your mind (ie thought processes) in you? Does that make you two entities or one?

Keypurr. Read the following verse:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, - Philippians 2:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:5&version=NKJV

Now, look at the verse again, in Greek:

e40323692b93343770af49c19a3968d7.jpg

Notice the word φρονεῖτε (phroneite), a verb that means to entertain a thought, or to be of the same mindset.

0fdb3e205bf8d376e9333787d6f80fb0.jpg

Nothing in that definition means to be indwelt by another entity, or to be taken over by another spirit.

The root word of phroneite, φρονέω (phroneo), means the feelings (or sensitive nature; by extension (also in the plural) the mind or cognitive faculties):—understanding.

The usage of φρονέω (phroneō) (the base word of phroneite) is:
  1. to have understanding, to be wise
  2. to feel, to think
    • to have an opinion of one's self, think of one's self, to be modest, not let one's opinion (though just) of himself exceed the bounds of modesty
    • to think or judge what one's opinion is
    • to be of the same mind i.e. agreed together, cherish the same views, be harmonious
  3. to direct one's mind to a thing, to seek, to strive for
    • to seek one's interest or advantage
    • to be of one's party, side with him (in public affairs)

The word used in Philippians 2:5 is the same word used in Matthew 16:23, Mark 8:33, Acts 28:22, Romans 8:5, 12:3,16, 14:6, 15:5, 1 Corinthians 4:6, 13:11, 2 Corinthians 13:11, Galatians 5:10, Philippians 1:7, 2:2, 3:15,16,19, 4:2,10, and Colossians 3:2.

Not one of those verses which contain the same word/phrase as Philippians 2:5 mean to have another entity living in your body. They all mean to be like-minded, or to have the same mindset, or to think like someone else.

keypurr

Your Jehovah Witness roots are still well entrenched. :nono:

Got to be honest with you friend, I never was or could be a JW as they do not think like me. I believe in the Sabbath and I also do not think Christ is the Angel Michael.

But they have the ability to shake off tradition and start over to find their God. Most on TOL can not do that. I have studies a few religions, like the SDA, and can not find a church the looks and act like ie church of the first century.