Jesus' Gospel vs Paul's Gospel

popsthebuilder

But ONE received NEW information that was NOT made known before. Peter acknowledged this in 2nd Peter 3:15-16

2Pet 3:15-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:15) And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (3:16) As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

NOTE CAREFULLY (since you usually don't) that Peter says "according to the wisdom given to HIM" and not US.
Note the repetition of the word "also" within those verses.

God's Truth

More vague speculations on your part.

When did the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ contact Peter?

Jesus taught Peter when he walked the earth, and then he taught him after he died and rose again.

I can hardly believe you don't know that.

Pretty creepy and strange for you to think Peter had no idea about Paul coming in the future and teaching ANOTHER gospel to EVERYONE.

popsthebuilder

1 Timothy 5: 25. Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid. -

(this is the end of the discussion as far as I am concerned. Within context it is even better.)

(I look forward to anyone's rebuttal.

peace)

glorydaz

Jesus taught Peter when he walked the earth, and then he taught him after he died and rose again.

I can hardly believe you don't know that.

Pretty creepy and strange for you to think Peter had no idea about Paul coming in the future and teaching ANOTHER gospel to EVERYONE.

Pretty "creepy and strange" for you not to notice how Peter was in the dark about Paul's Gospel.

Gal. 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.​

God's Truth

Pretty "creepy and strange" for you not to notice how Peter was in the dark about Paul's Gospel.

Gal. 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.​

How do you EVER get that he was in the dark about it?

Unbelievable.

Paul says that Peter used to eat with Gentiles and now because he is afraid of the Jews he does not anymore.

In following the old law, the Jews could not associate with Gentiles because they were unclean people, they were not circumcised, they did not do the purification/ceremonial works.

The New Testament Jesus' blood cleans all and circumcision of the flesh is worthless.

glorydaz

Unbelievable.

Paul says that Peter used to eat with Gentiles and now because he is afraid of the Jews he does not anymore.

In following the old law, the Jews could not associate with Gentiles because they were unclean people, they were not circumcised, they did not do the purification/ceremonial works.

The New Testament Jesus' blood cleans all and circumcision of the flesh is worthless.

I can't believe you can't understand what Paul is saying.

Gal. 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

But, I don't know why I'm surprised. You always read what you want to into whatever is written.

God's Truth

I can't believe you can't understand what Paul is saying.

Gal. 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

But, I don't know why I'm surprised. You always read what you want to into whatever is written.

Peter knew the good news, the one and only gospel that saves! Just read what Paul says, he says Peter knows!

Peter knows that even though they were born Jews, only Jesus' blood justifies and not the purification works.

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter wbefore them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, 7why do you compel Gentiles to live as 8Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not 9justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

DID YOU READ THAT?

That is the gospel and Paul says the Jews know it.

glorydaz

Unbelievable.

Peter obviously did not understand that his hypocrisy frustrated the GRACE OF GOD. Paul was still having to school him on this issue of salvation by grace.

Gal. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Which, I might add, you need some schooling on yourself. :chuckle:

God's Truth

Peter obviously did not understand that his hypocrisy frustrated the GRACE OF GOD. Paul was still having to school him on this issue of salvation by grace.

Gal. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Which, I might add, you need some schooling on yourself. :chuckle:

Peter was afraid that the Jews would have him imprisoned, beat, and killed.

There was another time he was afraid of the Jews, it was when he denied Jesus three times.

You are so wrong when you preach the Apostle to the Lamb did not know the one and only gospel that saves.

Chuckle all you want, but it is the Truth that you are doing that to.

glorydaz

Peter was afraid that the Jews would have him imprisoned, beat, and killed.

There was another time he was afraid of the Jews, it was when he denied Jesus three times.

You are so wrong when you preach the Apostle to the Lamb did not know the one and only gospel that saves.

Chuckle all you want, but it is the Truth that you are doing that to.

What did Paul mean by this...."why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Of course there isn't the smallest chance YOU could ever be wrong about something. :chuckle:

God's Truth

What did Paul mean by this...."why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Of course there isn't the smallest chance YOU could ever be wrong about something. :chuckle:

He WAS AFRAID OF THE JEWS so he ACTED out of LINE with the GOSPEL.