Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

That's true. And it's helpful imo to at least understand the authorized story of how teachings such as the Trinity, that are not at all clearly set out within Christian Scripture, nonetheless wound up being authoritative for the Christian Church.

Christ Jesus gave His own teaching authority (which is God's teaching authority) to His Apostles, and while His Apostles some of them wrote books and epistles that wound up being authorized as Christian Scripture, there are many other books of the New Testament that were not authored by Apostles, but that the Apostles nonetheless approved of as the pure truth.

The Apostles also spoke. They preached to the faithful, and they particularly instructed bishops, men who held the authentic Church pastorates, tasked with teaching and with celebrating Mass /sacraments. The bishops, we know from the Bible, were instructed not only in doctrine, but also in the further instruction of new bishops, so that the office of Bishop might always be held by men who were also instructed in doctrine and in the instruction of new bishops.
I believe your honesty isn't shared by many trinitarian/oneness posters on this forum, or any other I've experienced.
I agree with the points you have made up to now.

I said:
And the Trinity and other authentic Christian teachings /beliefs were revealed in their entirety by bishops throughout the centuries following the Events in Judaea in and around AD 33. It is in the Christian creeds and authorized /authoritative catechisms that we find the kind of "clear cut" instruction that parallel's "Hear O Israel," and, "I am Yahweh your God." And given the authorized story of the Church, teachings like the Trinity have the very same weight as do all the Christian scriptures, since they all are authenticated by Apostolic teaching authority.

In one critical way, all Christians who receive the New Testament as Scripture, also submit to 'Apostolic succession,' whether or not they admit it, because it is the Apostolic teaching authority handed on through the succession of bishops that authorized /approved the New Testament as we all know it today. By comparison, if we were to only include books and epistles actually authored by Apostles as Christian Scripture, we would exclude the Gospels of Mark and Luke, the book of Acts, the epistle of James, and possibly Jude and Revelation also, since the Apostolic authorship of these books are disputed.
I would agree with MOST of what you say here. The points on which I disagree are that "all Christians" accept the "apostolic succession". This is only true if you limit "Christian" to people that agree with you. The battle over "Sola Scriptura" is marvelous evidence that not ALL claiming "Christianity" accept your theory.

But, the bigger issue is, your theory of an unbroken, RELIABLE tradition among the "Bishops" of the Church, is counter to the dire warnings Christ, and his apostles gave.

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Acts 20:16-17 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost. 17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.
Acts 20:26-31 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. 28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the holy spirit hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Thess 2:1-12 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The "falling away" Paul describes was ALREADY at work, in his day .... and would not be eradicated until Christ returns!!

1 John 2:18-19 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

The antichrists CAME OUT OF THE CHURCH~!

Rev 17:1-6 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Biblical prophecy discribes women, both OT and NT, as spiritual groups of people. The Great Whore is a woman (a spiritual group), that "committed fornication" with the kings of the earth, AND was located in "that great city" which was reigning over the kings of the earth in John's day.

Apple7

keep running...

keep running...

Greetings again Apple7, Your view is one of the best (rather worse in the sense of amusing and ridiculous) examples of whitewashing the details and only reading the Trinity. I notice that you ignored Acts 2:34-36 and there are at least another ten quotations and expositions of Psalm 110:1 in the NT, and none of these teach the Trinity.

Kind regards
Trevor

Acts 2 quotes Psalm 110, and I already fully addressed Psalm 110.

When can we expect your rebuttal?

genuineoriginal

Hehehe. See, even YOU are not so stupid as to be incapable of understanding the further embarrassment you must needs cause yourself, were you to actually try to explain your imaginary difference between stating a proposition and showing it. :)
Scripture NOWHERE states that Noah is not Moses.

state
express something definitely or clearly in speech or writing.

The Bible provides us with the genealogy of Noah and of Moses, which shows us that Noah is not Moses.

show
be, allow, or cause to be visible.
display or allow to be perceived
demonstrate or prove

Come back after you have seen the wizard.
c2f1b174649db102162a22240c55b372.gif

genuineoriginal

Why don't you just try to explain what (if anything) you mean by "divinity", when you say that Jesus "stripped Himself of His divinity"?

And, what about God the Father? Would you not, also, say that God the Father has whatever it is you call "divinity"?
God's divinity comes from being God Himself, the God above all gods.
Jesus' divinity comes from being the fully divine Son of God.

divinity
the state or quality of being divine.
a divine being; a god or goddess.

And, if God the Father has whatever it is you call "divinity", would you say that God the Father could (if He so willed) "strip Himself of His divinity", like you say that Jesus "stripped Himself of His divinity"?
I always laugh at people that try to use the argument about whether God could do something that the Bible never says that God has done or ever will do.

The Bible never says that God Almighty made himself of no reputation and was made in the likeness of men.
The Bible does say that the Son of God made himself of no reputation and was made in the likeness of men.

Philippians 2:5-8
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Why don't you try to explain exactly what (if anything) you imagine it is for a person to go from having whatever it is you call "divinity" to no longer having it?
Jesus was a divine being in heaven before His incarnation and out of obedience to His Father he emptied Himself of all of His divinity and became a human.
And, if Jesus could "strip Himself" of whatever it is you call "His divinity", would you deny that He could later, in a reversal, "unstrip Himself" of the same?
No, a man is not able to become a divine being using his own power.
God Almighty would need to transform Jesus back into a divine being after the ascension.

John 17:1-5
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.​

Jesus was 100% divine before the incarnation.
Jesus was 100% man during the incarnation.
Jesus is now 100% divine after the ascension.

genuineoriginal

Hebrews 1:1-4
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature,

and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.

After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
Why don't you believe that God has appointed His Son Jesus the Christ to be the heir of all things?
Jesus is God. It's that simple and that true.
The Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God.
Why can't you accept it?

genuineoriginal

Right. One would think what is so plainly written would convince the most stubborn of men, but alas....they stumble over the very ROCK who created them.

Phil. 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​
Would you expect the son of a ram to be in the form of a fish?
No, you would expect the son of a ram to be in the form of a ram as well.

So, what form would you expect the Son of God to be in?

genuineoriginal

Right you are! Jesus did NOT tell us that ONLY His Father is "the ONLY true God"! Not a single passage of Scripture tells us that ONLY God the Father is the only true God, so why do YOU believe that ONLY God the Father is the only true God, since the Bible does not tell you so?
With an argument like that, you are rejecting the entire Bible.
Good luck with that.
7djengo7 seems to lack the ability to comprehend what he reads, as shown in his strangely phrased "arguments" (note the strange use of all caps as if that proves something it doesn't prove).
How quick you are to celebrate 7djengo7's disabilities.

genuineoriginal

Since you and I both know that the Bible NOWHERE states that Jesus is NOT YHWH, why do YOU CLAIM that Jesus is NOT YHWH?
The Bible says Jesus is the Son of God and the Bible says that YHWH is God.
You got your doctrine that Jesus is NOT YHWH from somewhere OTHER THAN the Bible.
No, that doctrine comes from the clearly stated teachings of the Bible.

This is different from Trinitarianism which comes from taking verses that do not clearly teach that Jesus is God (His Father) and adding suppositions to them in order to create a teaching that is not found clearly stated in the Bible.

genuineoriginal

if Jesus was just sent by God & not God then he was wrong to accept worship
If it was not wrong for King David to accept worship as king, then it is not wrong for Jesus to accept worship as king.

1 Chronicles 29:20
20 And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the Lord your God. And all the congregation blessed the Lord God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the Lord, and the king.​

Right Divider

Body part
None of those verses say that the Holy Spirit is God.
Act 5 certainly does.

Act 5:3-4 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Crystal clear.

genuineoriginal

Act 5 certainly does.

Act 5:3-4 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Crystal clear.
Throughout the Old Testament, the Spirit of YHWH (also called the Spirit of God) is used for the power through which God communicates directly with a man.

1 Samuel 10:6
6 And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.​

That communication goes two ways.
Since Peter had the Spirit of the Lord in him, when Ananias lied to Peter, the words were communicated through the Holy Ghost directly to God Almighty.

We know from the words of Jesus that the Holy Ghost is not YHWH.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

Even Peter himself shows by his words that the Holy Ghost is not YHWH.

Acts 5:32
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.​

The account of Stephen shows all three beings separately, since Stephen was full of the Holy Ghost, and looked into heaven to see both God and His Son Jesus.

Acts 7:55
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,​

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
keep running... Acts 2 quotes Psalm 110, and I already fully addressed Psalm 110. When can we expect your rebuttal?
Yes, Acts 2 quotes and expounds Psalm 110:1 and the exposition is contrary to your imposition of the Trinity upon Psalm 110:1 as it states that the One God, God the Father has exalted His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God to sit down at the right hand of God, in God the Father’s throne.
Acts 2:34-36 (KJV): 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Revelation 3:21 (KJV): To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

You can run from these verses but not hide.

Kind regards
Trevor

genuineoriginal

I didn't give an "interpretation" ... it's as plain as can be.
You did give an interpretation, and the passage does not plainly say what you believe it does.
The passage plainly says that lying to the Holy Spirit is also lying to God, but it does not say that the Holy Spirit is God.
The rest of the Bible shows that the Holy Spirit is a proxy for God.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Quote mangling.
Original quote:

Post with mangled quote has been reported

Hehehe. You can dish it out, but then, being the sniveling hypocrite you are, you cry about it when it is dished right back to you.

See, here's what I wrote:

When you say "shows that He is not God", are you referring, by the word 'God', to God the Father? If so, I agree with you: Mark 1:1 does deny that Jesus is God the Father.

And, here is your mangling of what I wrote:

I agree with you: Mark 1:1 does deny that Jesus is God

:e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.