Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

The written word of God says that God searches our hearts.

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Acts 1:24 Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen

1 Kings 8:39 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart),

Did you read that?
They said to GOD 'YOU ALONE know every human heart'.
Jesus knew people's heart!

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Psalm 44:21 would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

Psalm 139:23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Proverbs 17:3 The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.

Jeremiah 11:20 But you, LORD Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

Who is that? That is about Jesus who is God.
That scripture tells us Jesus is the LORD Almighty.

Revelation 2:23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

genuineoriginal

We have to believe that Jesus is 'he'. That means we have to believe that we have to believe and obey Jesus.

That is more proof that Jesus is God.

He is 'he' the 'I Am'.
We must believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God:

Matthew 16:15-17
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.​

There is nothing in the Bible that says we must believe that Jesus is God instead of believing that Jesus is the Son of God.
So you are arguing against what I said?
I said we have to believe that Jesus is 'he'. That means we have to believe that we have to believe and obey Jesus.
You made the false claim that "we have to believe that Jesus is 'he'" is proof that Jesus is God.
That is much different than saying "we have to believe that Jesus is 'he'" means "we have to believe that we have to believe and obey Jesus."

TrevorL

Greetings God's Truth,
Jesus is the I Am He of the Old Testament; which proves that he is the I Am He who is God.
Tyndale and the RV and RSV margins suggest that the correct translation of Exodus 3:14 is “I will be”.
John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.
Does this verse really support the concept that Jesus is Deity? He speaks of his complete dependence upon God, His Father.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

Greetings God's Truth, Tyndale and the RV and RSV margins suggest that the correct translation of Exodus 3:14 is “I will be”.
Does this verse really support the concept that Jesus is Deity? He speaks of his complete dependence upon God, His Father.

Kind regards
Trevor

God really came as a man and did not pretend to do so.

Jesus is God come to earth as a man.

genuineoriginal

Your criteria for "commandment" is artificially narrow.
Yes, it works much better that way.

Matthew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.​

What is a "commandment"?

Commandment
1. A command; a mandate; an order or injunction given by authority; charge; precept.
Why do ye transgress the commandment of God. Matthew 15:3.
This is the first and great commandment Matthew 22:38.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another. John 13:34.​
2. By way of eminence, a precept of the decalogue, or moral law, written on tables of stone, at Mount Sinai; one of the ten commandments. Exodus 34:32.
3. Authority; coercive power.

What is a "permission"?

Permission
1. The act of permitting or allowing.
2. Allowance; license or liberty granted.
You have given me your permission for this address.​

Know the difference and stop claiming that the permissions in the Bible are commandments.

It's obvious WHY you want to distort the issue.
I want to understand the Bible instead of wanting to distort what the Bible says.
To do that, I have to use words correctly.
Gen 1:29-30 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food:
30 and to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, (I have given) every green herb for food: and it was so.
God not only ALTERED THIS COMMANDMENT, He altered the nature of the other animals;
That is not a commandment, but it is obvious that you have some nefarious reason for claiming that it is a commandment.

God's Truth

You made the false claim that "we have to believe that Jesus is 'he'" is proof that Jesus is God.
That is much different than saying "we have to believe that Jesus is 'he'" means "we have to believe that we have to believe and obey Jesus."

We are not to believe and obey ANYONE but God.

So who are you believing and obeying?

genuineoriginal

Jesus is the I Am He of the Old Testament; which proves that he is the I Am He who is God.
tautology-since-rest-form-of-tautology-2525249.png

genuineoriginal

We are not to believe and obey ANYONE but God.
Please stick to what the scriptures teach instead of just making things up like that.

So who are you believing and obeying?
I believe and obey (hearken unto) the one that God told us that we are to believe and obey (hearken unto):

Deuteronomy 18:18-19
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.​

clefty

Your criteria for "commandment" is artificially narrow.
It's obvious WHY you want to distort the issue.

Gen 1:29-30 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food:
30 and to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, (I have given) every green herb for food: and it was so.
God not only ALTERED THIS COMMANDMENT, He altered the nature of the other animals;

Gen 9:1-4 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every bird of the heavens. With all wherewith the ground teemeth, and all the fishes of the sea, into your hand are they delivered.
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be food for you. As the green herb have I given you all. 4 But flesh with the life thereof, (which is) the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

What jou wish to ignore is that the factory setting default will be reset in the new world to come...no killing and eating of meat in the new world or?

All these amendments were because the original was not maintained

The commandments are not instructions as to what must be done but what is actually done according to design...

The commandments are not a how to get salvation but an owner’s manual having gotten saved and now how to maintain and use and maximize use...how to LIVE AS HE DOES...how we will live where “I AM”

So that it is on earth as it is in heaven...

He had Israel kill steal Hosea marry a active whore...does that change the Law?

Moses allowed for divorce Yahushua reminded the original design...one man one wife forever...

Change the Law and you worship a god that changes to please? Weak god imperfect too...

If the law could be changed why not do so to spare all this death even of His Son

If the law could change or compromise why did the martyrs not do so to spare themselves?

Your changing god divides his own house and authors confusion as to who does what when...

TrevorL

Greetings again God's Truth,
John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.
God really came as a man and did not pretend to do so.
Jesus is God come to earth as a man.
So how would you summarise the teaching of John 8:28? When you crucify me, a man, the Son of Man, a mortal, weak and powerless, and completely dependent upon God my Father, that then you will realise that I am really the Deity, all powerful and immortal, God who really came as a man.

Kind regards
Trevor

Dartman

What jou wish to ignore is that the factory setting default will be reset in the new world to come...no killing and eating of meat in the new world
I'm not ignoring that the Law is going to reset ... AGAIN.

C said:
All these amendments were because the original was not maintained
Not quite.

The Law changed after the curse was pronounced.
The Law changed after the flood.
The Abrahamic covenant, with it's commandments regarding circumcision was given because Abraham BELIEVED, AND OBEYED God.
The Mosaic Law was commanded to Moses, to give to Israel, in order to govern the NATION of Israel. The commandments were given to each individual to obey, but the overall design of that covenant was ruling the NATION of Israel.
The Mosaic Law had a "sunset clause" built into it;
Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

And, YES, there WILL be a reset at Christ's return, and yet ANOTHER set of Laws will be commanded, from Mount Zion.... not Sinai.

clefty

I'm not ignoring that the Law is going to reset ... AGAIN.

Not quite.

The Law changed after the curse was pronounced.
The Law changed after the flood.
The Abrahamic covenant, with it's commandments regarding circumcision was given because Abraham BELIEVED, AND OBEYED God.
The Mosaic Law was commanded to Moses, to give to Israel, in order to govern the NATION of Israel. The commandments were given to each individual to obey, but the overall design of that covenant was ruling the NATION of Israel.
The Mosaic Law had a "sunset clause" built into it;
Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

And, YES, there WILL be a reset at Christ's return, and yet ANOTHER set of Laws will be commanded, from Mount Zion.... not Sinai.

Here is a sneak peek hint to what that set looks like

Rev 14:12

Rev 12:17

Dartman

Here is a sneak peek hint to what that set looks like

Rev 14:12

Rev 12:17
These texts refer to the NT. The commandments Jehovah/YHVH God gave to Jesus to in turn command the Church.
The FUTURE Law, coming out of Zion, includes THESE things;

Isa 2:2-4 And it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem. 4 And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Jer 31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: 34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.

Zech 6:12-13 and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Jehovah of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of Jehovah; 13 even he shall build the temple of Jehovah; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Zech 8:12-13 For (there shall be) the seed of peace; the vine shall give its fruit, and the ground shall give its increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things. 13 And it shall come to pass that, as ye were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing. Fear not, (but) let your hands be strong.

Zech 13:1-2 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness.
2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered; and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Zech 14:9-11 And Jehovah shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall Jehovah be one, and his name one. 10 All the land shall be made like the Arabah, from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; and she shall be lifted up, and shall dwell in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananel unto the king's wine-presses. 11 And men shall dwell therein, and there shall be no more curse; but Jerusalem shall dwell safely.

Zech 14:16-21 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso of (all) the families of the earth goeth not up unto Jerusalem to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, upon them there shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, neither (shall it be) upon them; there shall be the plague wherewith Jehovah will smite the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLY UNTO JEHOVAH; and the pots in Jehovah's house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holy unto Jehovah of hosts; and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and boil therein: and in that day there shall be no more a Canaanite in the house of Jehovah of hosts.

oatmeal

Jesus is the son of God, not God the Son

To those who cannot see the difference, you will remain confused a lifetime

clefty

These texts refer to the NT. The commandments Jehovah/YHVH God gave to Jesus to in turn command the Church.
The FUTURE Law, coming out of Zion, includes THESE things;

Isa 2:2-4 And it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem. 4 And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Jer 31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: 34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.

Zech 6:12-13 and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Jehovah of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of Jehovah; 13 even he shall build the temple of Jehovah; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Zech 8:12-13 For (there shall be) the seed of peace; the vine shall give its fruit, and the ground shall give its increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things. 13 And it shall come to pass that, as ye were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing. Fear not, (but) let your hands be strong.

Zech 13:1-2 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness.
2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered; and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Zech 14:9-11 And Jehovah shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall Jehovah be one, and his name one. 10 All the land shall be made like the Arabah, from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; and she shall be lifted up, and shall dwell in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananel unto the king's wine-presses. 11 And men shall dwell therein, and there shall be no more curse; but Jerusalem shall dwell safely.

Zech 14:16-21 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso of (all) the families of the earth goeth not up unto Jerusalem to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, upon them there shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, neither (shall it be) upon them; there shall be the plague wherewith Jehovah will smite the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLY UNTO JEHOVAH; and the pots in Jehovah's house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holy unto Jehovah of hosts; and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and boil therein: and in that day there shall be no more a Canaanite in the house of Jehovah of hosts.

Oh my...

All that twisting to try and still avoid this:

Is 66:23, Heb 4:9

Status
Not open for further replies.