Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Christ is our passover, I Corinthians 5:7

As the lamb of God, and fit to be our passover, he had to be chosen out of the flock

God is not a sheep, he is not part of the flock.

The flock for being the lamb of God is humankind, not God.

genuineoriginal

Can't be refuted by making the point that they are not the same person. The "One God in three persons" statement is not a claim that they are "the same person".
I suppose with that logic you could say that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are one "human" in three persons.

Dartman

.. Yes, that is EXACTLY how grammar works.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

JR said:
Jesus Himself defined what it applies to:

For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.” - John 12:49-50 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John12:49-50&version=N
Exactly, WHATEVER JESUS SPOKE, was just as the Father had told him.

JR said:
Was Jesus just "following orders" when He claimed the commandments (plural) as "My commandments"?
Yes.
JR said:
Or did He mean what He said
Yes.
JR said:
, the commandments (plural) truly being His..
Not quite. You tried to slip in "truely being his" as if that's actually stated, and we both know it's not. Jesus and Moses BOTH gave their commandments to Israel, and BOTH of them were TOLD to give the commandments, and WHAT to command, by Jehovah/YHVH God, Christ's Father.
JR said:
because He is God, as all the commandments are God's.
Of course not. Jesus said his Father is "the ONLY true God".

genuineoriginal

so?

the bible dose say

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
my point is the commandments are God's commandments which Jesus claims are his commandments
therefore Jesus is God

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
my point is only God is lord of the sabbath and Jesus claims to be Lord of the sabbath
therefore Jesus is God

Only Saul was the king of Israel.
David was the king of Israel.
therefore David is Saul? NO.

Your logic does not work.

genuineoriginal

Jesus specifically said he was God, so you are wrong. PERIOD!!
When people misunderstood Jesus and mistakenly thought that Jesus was claiming that He was God, Jesus corrected them and told them that His claim is that He is the Son of God.

John 10:33-36
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?​

genuineoriginal

By contrast, the Scriptures ONLY state that Jesus is THE SON OF God.
Here, you're denying (among other things) that the Scriptures state that Jesus' heavenly Father IS God.

[MENTION=11443]7djengo7[/MENTION]
If Jesus is the Son of God, that means that the Father of Jesus is God.
It is foolish to claim that Jesus being the Son of God means that Jesus' heavenly Father is not God as you are claiming.

genuineoriginal

are you asserting that God told Jesus to lie about calling the commandments "My commandments", when they are actually the Father's commandments?

Are you calling God AND Jesus liars?
Do you believe Moses was lying when he said this?

Exodus 20:2
2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.​

genuineoriginal

• Do you call more than one person "Jesus"? Yes or No?

Jesús González (boxer)

Jesus Ernesto Gonzales Jr (born October 3, 1984 in Phoenix, Arizona) is a Mexican-American professional boxer in the Super Middleweight division. Gonzales was the NABF and IBF North American Super Middleweight Champion.

Jesús Tato
Jesús Rodríguez Tato (born 12 July 1983) is a Spanish former footballer who played as a striker, and the assistant manager of Indian club FC Goa.

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
I'm looking for you to put forth a little bit more effort than just stating your worldview.
I am stating the meaning of the passage. It is talking about the mind of Jesus, his character, not shrinking God the Son into the womb of Mary. There was not a Deity in the womb of Mary, and Jesus was a child that grew in wisdom Luke 2:52, and thus he did not have two minds, the mind of a child, and the mind of a Deity. The “form of God” is an allusion to the creation of man, who was made in the image and after the likeness of God Genesis 1:26-27, and a little lower than the angels Psalm 8:5. Before his ministry Jesus had attained to the moral glory of God His Father, he was full of grace and truth John 1:14. Unlike Adam and Eve who grasped at equality with God, Jesus did not grasp at this equality Philippians 2:6, but humbled himself and became obedient unto death Philippians 2:8.
Please actually address the Greek, tell us about the incarnation verbs employed, and then please discuss the OT reference to which it applies.
There is no mention of a so-called “incarnation”. I will let you state your language view, but please note that the word “form” in the “form of God” and the “form of a servant” is the same word, while the NIV ignores this, and obscures the meaning of this passage. I assume you endorse the NIV view. The “form of God” and “form of a servant” is speaking concerning his mind and disposition of mind, not a contrast between two physical entities, a Deity in heaven and a man on earth as claimed by Trinitarians.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
Uhmmm, Trevor....Jesus IS The Glory of God The Father!
You seem confused here.
Thus, you just admitted that you worship Jesus!
I worship and bow the knee to Jesus, the Son of God, to the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:10-11.
Trev....please get off the babies milk and step up to solid scripture...
You did not respond or comment on my explanation of Philippians 2, but instead come up with this shallow diversion.

Kind regards
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.