ECT Jerry's 'unaware of death' theory flops in John

God's Truth

No.
The OT prophesied a literal physical Messiah.
And that prophesy was to be fulfilled in a literal physical manner.

To spiritualize away the literal promises of GOD to Israel is to deny a literal physical Messiah.
Not to mention that it makes GOD an oath breaker.

JESUS SAYS.

Here, I will give it to you in small doses:

God used inanimate objects in teaching. Such as the account of the rock which was struck to give water. This rock is about Christ. It was struck to bring water. This is a prophecy about how Jesus would be struck, crucified, to give the Holy Spirit for all those who thirst for God.

The second time that Israel came to that place, Moses was to speak to the rock to bring forth water. Moses, struck the rock a second time rather than speak to it, and in doing this Moses disobeyed God. Moses did not do what God said to do.

More about prophecies fulfilled through Jesus, meaning all that is earthly is about the spiritual to come... All the Old Testament holy days were about Jesus, who was to come.

See Colossians 2:16-17
The whole old law was about Jesus. All the prophets were about Jesus.

For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was instructed by God when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, "See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.'' Hebrews 8:4-5 and: For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. Hebrews 10:1

More to come if you can handle it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God used inanimate objects in teaching.
Israel was not an inanimate object.
Israel was a living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people.

Promises were made to that living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people.
GOD will not break his promises to that living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people that GOD specifically chose apart from all other nations.

The BOC being established at the time of Paul is not that same living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people that GOD specifically chose apart from all other nations.
The BOC never fell and needed restoration.

God's Truth

Israel was not an inanimate object.
Israel was a living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people.

Promises were made to that living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people.
GOD will not break his promises to that living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people that GOD specifically chose apart from all other nations.

The BOC being established at the time of Paul is not that same living, breathing kingdom of physical earthly people that GOD specifically chose apart from all other nations.
The BOC never fell and needed restoration.

Earthly versus spiritual.

What do you think will prosper?

Last edited:

God's Truth

False dichotomy, moron.

Excuse me for not having a proof reader.

I don't think I do so bad for someone who has been here half the time as you and one who has more than twice the amount of posts.
The Lord Jesus Christ lived on earth, died via an "earthly" cross, rose from an "earthly" grave.....

The opposite of "spiritual" is "carnal," not "earthly."

You're an idiot.

and one who puts up with the abuse that I do.

john w

Hall of Fame
Excuse me for not having a proof reader.

I don't think I do so bad for someone who has been here half the time as you and one who has more than twice the amount of posts.

and one who puts up with the abuse that I do.

Oh.

way 2 go

Yes, infected with zealot Judaism, they would have tried to stop that. And Peter did try. And they told him 'this will never happen to you.'

You are unaware of what is actually happening in the account because you have found a prooftext to what you thought was THE question of the account. That is how D'ism creates fools. They have the wrong questions.

The layers of zealot Judaism in them prevented the sacrificial Gospel from actually sinking in. All they heard was 'kingdom, thrones, power, Israel uber alles'.

chapter and verse that says : infected with zealot Judaism

way 2 go

Am I misreading this, or do some think that the only two choices are:
First choice: There are two gospels (one that Jesus is the Christ, and the other that Jesus died to give us salvation)
Second choice: There is only the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection (which the apostles knew from the beginning)
This is like taking the opening scene of a movie and the end result of a movie and saying those are the only two choices for the plot.
Jesus came under the law, to redeem them that were under the law. In other words, he started with the law and over the space of 3 1/2 years slowly transitioned his followers to the final message. He slowly revealed more and more throughout his ministry, and the disciples were commanded to preach the level of revelation that they had.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

more like a Plot twist

http://kgov.com/bel/20141204

The Bible Gets Easier to Understand:

Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students.
The Plot demonstrates how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view.

glorydaz

You have spent a lot of time trying to prove that but you can't, so you spend most of your time trying your best to insult me.

You have spent a lot of time defending yourself, because you need to. I'm not the only one pointing out your error filled theories.