Jean Grey is a slut.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I love superheroes. I don’t particularly like superhero comics, you understand. I do love superheroes, though. I love watching cartoon superheroes with my step-son and in the process I’ve learned the truth of that thing my husband always used to say: “The great thing about having kids is that you can do all this kid stuff and get away with it. People even think you’re a really cool parent if you spend time with your kids. I can play video games and watch cartoons now. I can even go to Chuck-E-Cheese’s without anyone thinking I’m weird.“
Turns out he’s right. I hijack my step-son’s Playstation all the time when he’s away at his mother’s house. I play with him when he’s here all the time. We also watch lots and lots of cartoons. I find I very much enjoy cartoons, more so than most adult t.v. programs usually. Cartoon Network gets more play around here during the week he is home than any other channel. I tend to gravitate over there when I have the house to myself as well, especially when (as so often is the case) there isn’t anything worth watching on the other 1,001 channels. Our favorites? The superhero stuff. Teen Titans, Ben 10, Kim Possible (love that one, natch), Fantastic Four, Justice League and so on…pretty sure the Kids Next Door qualifies as well.

This all leads me to some points I feel compelled to rant about a bit. First, Marvel comics. I’ve come to despise Marvel comics a bit. I love most of the heroes as they’re presented outside the comics themselves, mind you. Loved the movies. X-men, Spiderman, Avengers (1 and 2), etc. Have all those and more on DVD. I have read just enough of the actual comics to have decided that I don’t want to read the comics though.
Colossus is gay? Are you serious? Sigh.
Now my son, as previously mentioned, has a Playstation. It shouldn’t surprise you that we own three different X-Men games (X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends II and X-Men “the official game”). We also have Ultimate Alliance, which I think is cool. (I like playing Storm. She rocks.) We’ve also seen (and own on DVD) all three X-Men movies. Watching those movies for the first time I didn’t know much of anything about the Marvel superheroes or the X-Men specifically. After the first movie I was hooked. I love the X-Men now.
Of course, I really got the impression throughout all three movies that they were trying hard to correlate mutants with homosexuality without actually flat out saying it, though. That really irritated the hell out of me. Still, awesome movies nonetheless.
And don’t get me started on Nightcrawler either. Seriously. A Christian superhero who mutilates himself…with angelic script…one for each sin…sigh. I don’t even want to bother pointing out how fundamentally un-Christian that whole concept is. But then have I ever been impressed with any attempt to cater to the Christian demographic by anyone who hasn’t the vaguest notion what we’re all about? Why, no. No I have not. Nightcrawler’s a rant for another day.

Here’s what really, seriously, totally ticked me off about X-Men right off the bat. The Jean Grey, Wolverine, Cyclops thing. That totally pissed me off in like the first two minutes. Then I find out this has been pretty much going on in the comics, too. (I got that second hand though, having never actually read the comics.) Then I see in the video games much is made about this little love triangle as well. Apparently, it’s just awesome.

My first reaction? Cyclops is a total idiot. He’s should dump that slut and let her go have her fling with Wolverine. Seriously. Screw her, she’s a total “ho”. Cyclops can do much, much better. Better yet, he needs to snatch her aside one good time and make it perfectly clear that the drooling over Wolverine is unacceptable. Either drop the fantasies about Wolvie or hit the road. Bottom line. Just how damned much more disrespectful and flat out insulting can you be to your spouse than that? Other than actually cheating on them and making no secret of it, you can’t be!
You do not get married and then go around flirting with every good looking guy that comes along. Especially the “bad boys” who you find so exciting precisely because you know they wouldn’t have the first problem with violating your marriage! Wolverine would jump in the sack with Jean Grey in a half second and wouldn’t care if Cyclops knew it or not!
I was shocked still further to see Wolverine wax romantic about Jean Grey in the Ultimate Alliance video game after she died. What a total jerk! Do I need to explain why he’s a jerk here? If so, you have a very serious problem you need to look into very soon. I recommend counseling. I really hope you’re not married.

I hate all three of these boneheads. Cyclops is an idiot for not laying down the law with Jean Grey the second her interest in Wolverine became apparent. Jean Grey is a fool for playing with Wolverine when she’s married. Wolverine is just a whore and really needs Cyclops to blast him in the face a couple dozen times to get the message across.
All three need a good, solid smack upside the head.

Side note: Did you know that during the Ultimate Alliance vieo game there’s a point where you have to choose between Nightcrawler and Jean Grey dying? You can’t save both, one has to die. My step-son decided to save Nightcrawler (which is why we got to see Wolverine talking about her after she was dead, you know). Why did he choose Nightcrawler? Because Jean Grey was a “ho”, that’s why. Nightcrawler was one of the good guys. Jean Grey was…not one of the good guys. When I asked my step-son why how he figured Jean Grey wasn’t one of the “good guys” he looked at me like I was nuts. “She’s cheating on Cyclops!“, he said.
There yah go. Even a 12 year old boy can see what most adult women these days are completely blind to. That’s pretty discouraging. To most adult women these days Jean Grey is just awesome. They aspire to Jean Grey-ness. God help the men they manage to hoodwink into a relationship with them.

I am so very, very, very sick and tired of every movie, t.v. series and every other conceivable media confusing romance with fornication and adultery. Especially adultery! Good grief, and with the stupid, stupid, stupid women out there who eat that stuff up with a spoon. You flippin’ morons!
The Bridges of Madison County made me furious and sick to my stomach. And that’s considered a wonderfully romantic movie! It tops so many top ten lists of wonderfully romantic movies! There are women who watch this damnable piece of trash with their husbands! Unfaithful (Diane Lane and Richard Gere) came on t.v. recently, too. It made me physically ill. I couldn’t even watch the whole thing. Now, I admit I was fascinated with the movie and kept flipping the channel back to see what happened, mainly wanting to see exactly when Diane Lane’s character realized what she was doing was maybe, possibly not an awesome thing. How could that point have possibly eluded her at all?! And yet it does! For nearly half the movie we’re treated to her unabashed grinning at how wonderful and fulfilling it is to screw around on your husband! Was I disappointed at the end of this movie, hoping that the character would display some redeeming quality somewhere (anywhere!) in the story? Why, yes. Yes, I certainly was.

According to Hollywood (and Marvel comics, apparently) women are all whores. The worst ones? The ones that are married. I absolutely hate that with a driving passion. Even more so all those women out there that don’t seem to get that’s the message being presented.
Or worse, get it and don’t even disagree with it.

You disagree? Then name one movie where a husband cheats on his wife and it’s considered “romantic”. Go ahead and take your time. I’ll wait.
This whole message seriously pisses me off. Not only is it romantic, wonderful and fulfilling to cheat on your husband but men are worthless scum when they do it. Wickedness is bad enough. Hypocritical wickedness is just so much worse.

So how does the Jean Grey, Cyclops, Wolverine thing wind up in the movies? Well, Jean Grey goes nuts, murders Cyclops and ends up getting stabbed in the chest by Wolverine.
I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise.

Let me close this minor rant with a reaffirmation of my conservative Christian fanatic status. I believe adultery should be outlawed (as in “against the law”). Further, I believe it should be a capitol crime. Jean Grey is whore and should be stigmatized as such. Both women from Bridges of Madison County and Unfaithful should have been arrested, convicted and put to death.
Publicly.
On television.
The same television that currently spews out show after show, movie after movie glorifying adultery.

That would be a good thing.

The Berean

If you don't like Jean Grey, you should look at the origins of Wonder Woman. The creator of Wonder Woman was one strange guy. :kookoo:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I love superheroes. I don’t particularly like superhero comics, you understand. I do love superheroes, though. I love watching cartoon superheroes with my step-son and in the process I’ve learned the truth of that thing my husband always used to say: “The great thing about having kids is that you can do all this kid stuff and get away with it. People even think you’re a really cool parent if you spend time with your kids. I can play video games and watch cartoons now. I can even go to Chuck-E-Cheese’s without anyone thinking I’m weird.“
Turns out he’s right. I hijack my step-son’s Playstation all the time when he’s away at his mother’s house. I play with him when he’s here all the time. We also watch lots and lots of cartoons. I find I very much enjoy cartoons, more so than most adult t.v. programs usually. Cartoon Network gets more play around here during the week he is home than any other channel. I tend to gravitate over there when I have the house to myself as well, especially when (as so often is the case) there isn’t anything worth watching on the other 1,001 channels. Our favorites? The superhero stuff. Teen Titans, Ben 10, Kim Possible (love that one, natch), Fantastic Four, Justice League and so on…pretty sure the Kids Next Door qualifies as well.

This all leads me to some points I feel compelled to rant about a bit. First, Marvel comics. I’ve come to despise Marvel comics a bit. I love most of the heroes as they’re presented outside the comics themselves, mind you. Loved the movies. X-men, Spiderman, Avengers (1 and 2), etc. Have all those and more on DVD. I have read just enough of the actual comics to have decided that I don’t want to read the comics though.
Now my son, as previously mentioned, has a Playstation. It shouldn’t surprise you that we own three different X-Men games (X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends II and X-Men “the official game”). We also have Ultimate Alliance, which I think is cool. (I like playing Storm. She rocks.) We’ve also seen (and own on DVD) all three X-Men movies. Watching those movies for the first time I didn’t know much of anything about the Marvel superheroes or the X-Men specifically. After the first movie I was hooked. I love the X-Men now.
Of course, I really got the impression throughout all three movies that they were trying hard to correlate mutants with homosexuality without actually flat out saying it, though. That really irritated the hell out of me. Still, awesome movies nonetheless.
And don’t get me started on Nightcrawler either. Seriously. A Christian superhero who mutilates himself…with angelic script…one for each sin…sigh. I don’t even want to bother pointing out how fundamentally un-Christian that whole concept is. But then have I ever been impressed with any attempt to cater to the Christian demographic by anyone who hasn’t the vaguest notion what we’re all about? Why, no. No I have not. Nightcrawler’s a rant for another day.

Here’s what really, seriously, totally ticked me off about X-Men right off the bat. The Jean Grey, Wolverine, Cyclops thing. That totally pissed me off in like the first two minutes. Then I find out this has been pretty much going on in the comics, too. (I got that second hand though, having never actually read the comics.) Then I see in the video games much is made about this little love triangle as well. Apparently, it’s just awesome.

My first reaction? Cyclops is a total idiot. He’s should dump that slut and let her go have her fling with Wolverine. Seriously. Screw her, she’s a total “ho”. Cyclops can do much, much better. Better yet, he needs to snatch her aside one good time and make it perfectly clear that the drooling over Wolverine is unacceptable. Either drop the fantasies about Wolvie or hit the road. Bottom line. Just how damned much more disrespectful and flat out insulting can you be to your spouse than that? Other than actually cheating on them and making no secret of it, you can’t be!
You do not get married and then go around flirting with every good looking guy that comes along. Especially the “bad boys” who you find so exciting precisely because you know they wouldn’t have the first problem with violating your marriage! Wolverine would jump in the sack with Jean Grey in a half second and wouldn’t care if Cyclops knew it or not!
I was shocked still further to see Wolverine wax romantic about Jean Grey in the Ultimate Alliance video game after she died. What a total jerk! Do I need to explain why he’s a jerk here? If so, you have a very serious problem you need to look into very soon. I recommend counseling. I really hope you’re not married.

I hate all three of these boneheads. Cyclops is an idiot for not laying down the law with Jean Grey the second her interest in Wolverine became apparent. Jean Grey is a fool for playing with Wolverine when she’s married. Wolverine is just a whore and really needs Cyclops to blast him in the face a couple dozen times to get the message across.
All three need a good, solid smack upside the head.

Side note: Did you know that during the Ultimate Alliance vieo game there’s a point where you have to choose between Nightcrawler and Jean Grey dying? You can’t save both, one has to die. My step-son decided to save Nightcrawler (which is why we got to see Wolverine talking about her after she was dead, you know). Why did he choose Nightcrawler? Because Jean Grey was a “ho”, that’s why. Nightcrawler was one of the good guys. Jean Grey was…not one of the good guys. When I asked my step-son why how he figured Jean Grey wasn’t one of the “good guys” he looked at me like I was nuts. “She’s cheating on Cyclops!“, he said.
There yah go. Even a 12 year old boy can see what most adult women these days are completely blind to. That’s pretty discouraging. To most adult women these days Jean Grey is just awesome. They aspire to Jean Grey-ness. God help the men they manage to hoodwink into a relationship with them.

I am so very, very, very sick and tired of every movie, t.v. series and every other conceivable media confusing romance with fornication and adultery. Especially adultery! Good grief, and with the stupid, stupid, stupid women out there who eat that stuff up with a spoon. You flippin’ morons!
The Bridges of Madison County made me furious and sick to my stomach. And that’s considered a wonderfully romantic movie! It tops so many top ten lists of wonderfully romantic movies! There are women who watch this damnable piece of trash with their husbands! Unfaithful (Diane Lane and Richard Gere) came on t.v. recently, too. It made me physically ill. I couldn’t even watch the whole thing. Now, I admit I was fascinated with the movie and kept flipping the channel back to see what happened, mainly wanting to see exactly when Diane Lane’s character realized what she was doing was maybe, possibly not an awesome thing. How could that point have possibly eluded her at all?! And yet it does! For nearly half the movie we’re treated to her unabashed grinning at how wonderful and fulfilling it is to screw around on your husband! Was I disappointed at the end of this movie, hoping that the character would display some redeeming quality somewhere (anywhere!) in the story? Why, yes. Yes, I certainly was.

According to Hollywood (and Marvel comics, apparently) women are all whores. The worst ones? The ones that are married. I absolutely hate that with a driving passion. Even more so all those women out there that don’t seem to get that’s the message being presented.

You disagree? Then name one movie where a husband cheats on his wife and it’s considered “romantic”. Go ahead and take your time. I’ll wait.
This whole message seriously pisses me off. Not only is it romantic, wonderful and fulfilling to cheat on your husband but men are worthless scum when they do it. Wickedness is bad enough. Hypocritical wickedness is just so much worse.

So how does the Jean Grey, Cyclops, Wolverine thing wind up in the movies? Well, Jean Grey goes nuts, murders Cyclops and ends up getting stabbed in the chest by Wolverine.

Let me close this minor rant with a reaffirmation of my conservative Christian fanatic status. I believe adultery should be outlawed (as in “against the law”). Further, I believe it should be a capitol crime. Jean Grey is whore and should be stigmatized as such. Both women from Bridges of Madison County and Unfaithful should have been arrested, convicted and put to death.
Publicly.
On television.
The same television that currently spews out show after show, movie after movie glorifying adultery.

That would be a good thing.
I have to say a few things.

First off, Jean and Cyclops were not married in the movies. And there was never anything between Jean and Wolverine in the comics. Especially after she and Cyclops did get married. After she died, however, and cyclops moved on, the last time she came back I think she did at least kiss Wolverine, right before the last time she died.

Wolverine became interested in her before she was married to Cyclops. But he never pursued it after she made her decision. His love was unrequited, and then he even moved on. He was even married, at least once. She died, though.

Cyclops did cheat on Jean, though, while they were still married, with Emma Frost. It never got physical, but with Emma being a telepath, it didn't need to.

Colossus isn't gay in the main universe.:nono: Only in the Ultimate universe. Which is stupid. Especially since they already have Northstar.

Nightcrawler isn't a Christian, he's a Catholic. And the most devout Catholics do things like that.

When the X-Men were created it was a commentary on civil rights for minorities. Bryan Singer [the director of the first two movies] decided to make it equate more to homosexuality, which somewhat makes sense if you believe homosexuality is genetic. Singer is a queer, so now you know why he wanted to do that. Ian McKellen and Alan Cummings are too. They played Magneto and Nightcrawler, respectively.

And speaking of the movies, Jean didn't go nuts. Brian Ratner is a hack director, and apparently didn't know how to tell the story in a way that gave all the necessary information, without the space travel [which took place in the original Phoenix storyline in the comics].

If you don't like Jean Grey, you should look at the origins of Wonder Woman. The creator of Wonder Woman was one strange guy. :kookoo:
He's also the guy who created the lie detector.

Punisher1984

So what if you don't like a superhero's mating habits? You don't have to perceverate on points that you *don't like* about fictional characters: you could just focus on the traits you do like or simply tune them out entirely.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
Couldn't agree more! Who would want Logan when you can have Scott anyways? Someone hit her with the stupid stick... which might explain her headaches...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Couldn't agree more! Who would want Logan when you can have Scott anyways? Someone hit her with the stupid stick... which might explain her headaches...
What?!

Scott is one of the most arrogant characters in comic books these days! And he always has been.

Now, I don't think she needs to be with James [Logan's real name] either. He's a bit too feral for her. But, then again, the Phoenix might be able to handle him.:chuckle:

Of course, I still think Jubilee needs to become an adult so she can be with Wolverine.

Quincy

How could Scott Summers do better? He is boring, can't ever look someone in the eye's, and is the leader of a group of mutants fighting oppression against a tyrannical majority that wishes to expunge them for not being like them, while at the same time fighting to protect those same would be expungers. :kookoo: Now Magneto, there is a real man. :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I love superheroes. I don’t particularly like superhero comics, you understand. I do love superheroes, though.
I was a collector years ago, when the most expensive comic was 35 cents. :D Eventually you realize that Peter Parker is never going to be happy because he can't be without ending the series...and you move on, sadly...
...I can play video games and watch cartoons now. I can even go to Chuck-E-Cheese’s without anyone thinking I’m weird.“
That's not what I hear from the clean up crew...
Turns out he’s right. I hijack my step-son’s Playstation all the time when he’s away at his mother’s house. I play with him when he’s here all the time. We also watch lots and lots of cartoons.
You get mad props for that...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Cartoon Network gets more play around here during the week he is home than any other channel.
You should check out some of the adult swim stuff there. It can get pretty funny.
This all leads me to some points I feel compelled to rant about a bit.
:noid: I sense a gathering darkness...
First, Marvel comics. I’ve come to despise Marvel comics a bit. I love most of the heroes as they’re presented outside the comics themselves, mind you. Loved the movies. X-men, Spiderman, Avengers (1 and 2), etc. Have all those and more on DVD. I have read just enough of the actual comics to have decided that I don’t want to read the comics though.
Gay? :eek: Well, it stands to reason...early on there was this vaguely pedophile-esque vibe between the mostly grown metal man and the all too young Kitty Pride. Sheesh...
...After the first movie I was hooked. I love the X-Men now.
I had that impression too, but my wife brought an interesting slant on it, arguing you could as easily apply it to Christianity--whether or not they meant for you to--or any group suffering from popular derision, mistrust, or disenfranchisement. It's an interesting slant on the thing. :think:
Don't even get ME started on that one. There was a show on NBC that they were angling to turn into a series that had a pseudo-Christian theme that was immediately apparent upon even brief viewing. It didn't make it.
I think the idea was to parallel the Arthurian legend to an extent. Cyclops is noble to the point of boring and Wolverine is the bad-boy who represents the unleashed repression of the king...er, I mean Cyclops.
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people." Mencken
I don't think they see them that way at all, which is the root of the problem. There is a narcissistic steak that follows the pull of moral ambiguity. To them, these are doubtless creatures of passion and fire, rebelling against the mundane constraints of their lives...that's the nature of the cultural sociopath, they fail to consider another being as existing in the same way as they do, cannot completely grasp the guiding empathy necessary to abstain from momentary urges for want of a greater understanding and a poverty of spirit.

Brokeback Mountain...:rotfl:.....no, wait...:rotfl:....:nono:
So you're a world half wicked sort of person.
From Arthur to Hamlet to a Greek tragedy in one fell swoop.
Let me close this minor rant with a reaffirmation of my conservative Christian fanatic status. I believe adultery should be outlawed (as in “against the law”). Further, I believe it should be a capitol crime. Jean Grey is whore and should be stigmatized as such. Both women from Bridges of Madison County and Unfaithful should have been arrested, convicted and put to death. Publicly. On television.
Well, we'll agree that adultery is fundamentally despicable behavior fully deserving of public shame and ridicule (though apparently it won't stop you from becoming a Presidential hopeful or governor of New York). I think you're just nuts re: the DP angle, but I love you anyway and it's a great, great rant.
The same television that currently spews out show after show, movie after movie glorifying adultery. That would be a good thing.
:think: Only if you believed the sanctity of marriage was of greater value than human life...:nono: But again, an inspired rant. :D

lucybelle

TOL Princess
What?!

Scott is one of the most arrogant characters in comic books these days! And he always has been.

Now, I don't think she needs to be with James [Logan's real name] either. He's a bit too feral for her. But, then again, the Phoenix might be able to handle him.:chuckle:

Of course, I still think Jubilee needs to become an adult so she can be with Wolverine.

Seriously?! Scott may be arrogant in outward appearance - but deep down inside him is just another wounded mutant. There's a softer side I'm sure! At least he's not as abrasive as Logan (okay, fine - James).

Me thinks thou art biased.

Punisher1984

How could Scott Summers do better? He is boring, can't ever look someone in the eye's, and is the leader of a group of mutants fighting oppression against a tyrannical majority that wishes to expunge them for not being like them, while at the same time fighting to protect those same would be expungers. :kookoo: Now Magneto, there is a real man. :eek:

Magneto? Phhtt...

Who needs Magneto (or any other American-made superheros/villains, for that matter) when you got guys like Alucard or Ichise? Those guys could probably take on all the X-men at once - and win!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Magneto? Phhtt...

Who needs Magneto (or any other American-made superheros/villains, for that matter) when you got guys like Alucard or Ichise? Those guys could probably take on all the X-men at once - and win!

:chuckle: Sooo...tell us Punisher: Exactly how long have you been a Weeaboo?

nicholsmom

I have to say a few things.

First off, Jean and Cyclops were not married in the movies. And there was never anything between Jean and Wolverine in the comics. Especially after she and Cyclops did get married. After she died, however, and cyclops moved on, the last time she came back I think she did at least kiss Wolverine, right before the last time she died.

Wolverine became interested in her before she was married to Cyclops. But he never pursued it after she made her decision. His love was unrequited, and then he even moved on. He was even married, at least once. She died, though.

Cyclops did cheat on Jean, though, while they were still married, with Emma Frost. It never got physical, but with Emma being a telepath, it didn't need to.

Colossus isn't gay in the main universe.:nono: Only in the Ultimate universe. Which is stupid. Especially since they already have Northstar.

Nightcrawler isn't a Christian, he's a Catholic. And the most devout Catholics do things like that.

When the X-Men were created it was a commentary on civil rights for minorities. Bryan Singer [the director of the first two movies] decided to make it equate more to homosexuality, which somewhat makes sense if you believe homosexuality is genetic. Singer is a queer, so now you know why he wanted to do that. Ian McKellen and Alan Cummings are too. They played Magneto and Nightcrawler, respectively.

And speaking of the movies, Jean didn't go nuts. Brian Ratner is a hack director, and apparently didn't know how to tell the story in a way that gave all the necessary information, without the space travel [which took place in the original Phoenix storyline in the comics].

Thank you for saving me the trouble of explaining to those who never read these great comics, what "really happened" in them. :wave2:

lucybelle

TOL Princess
I can't believe how concerned people are with fictitious characters.

fictitious...what!?!

Are you trying to tell me that there AREN'T mutants!? Because if that's what you're trying to tell me I've got news for you... I live in San Francisco - I meet tons of them on a regular basis!