James White to Debate Bob Enyart on Open Theism

glorydaz

The fuse is laid out (who could know).

As you said, it's very important we say the right things. Why in the world are you saying "soul" is the same as "nature"?

Why aren't you correcting Nang? Are you reading with one eye closed?

It's lit (who could know).

You already did, and I'm sure she'll respond.

Anger starts to simmer.

Try getting affirmation of this from your buddy, AMR.

Correction strikes a blow to her pride.

It's not that the spirit and soul aren't distinct, it's that the spirit is "buried" in the soul and needs to be resurrected unto zoe life from within. That can only happen via the Logos piercing and dividing asunder. And it's not a separation, it's a (re-)distribution.

This is where an intricate understanding of the ontological Gospel is vital.

I was just pointing up the distinction that though they can only be pierced and divided asunder by God's Logos, the spirit and soul are not the same.

She turns and attacks her first responder.

Don't know the implication intended from the "buddy" part, but I do consider you and she a sister. Just sayin'. ;)

AMR

She BLOWS.

I do not consider glorydaz my sister.

In fact, I am deeply sorry to see you accept her, as yours . . .

In my estimation, you show serious lack of spiritual discernment, considering her confession of ungodly beliefs and unrepentant personal attacks against the true saints of God.

Her vulgar name-calling . . .

Her denial of the sovereignty of God . . .

Her disrespect and hatred towards confessional saints . . .

Her disregard and disrespect for the Holy Scriptures . . .

You just kid yourself, Delmar, if you think GD considers God to be Sovereign.

Uh . . . where have you been?

Have you not seen what she has called me?

No one calls a "sister" in Christ, vulgar names such as "Nagina."

Unless, you think that is clever and cute?

If you do, you are not my brother in Christ.

Your last posts are devastating . . .

No brother in the Lord would make such excuses for such deliberate evil against one of their own.

You are not my brother in the Lord, after all!

How could I have been so deceived, for so long!

You are only under her wrath if you allow it. No one person has that kind of power. Decide you are done and just don't respond to her posts. She has no power then.

Posted from the TOL App cause that's how I roll.

Now tell me. I was posting in this thread as calmly as could be. I came to find Nang going off the deep end and spreading the same tired lie about what she in her alternate universe believes I said. I could let her continue to spread the lie, or I could reply. Since I didn't and don't use "vulgar" language, I won't be accused of it every time Nang gets in a snit. She always drags others into it, and enabling her to have public tantrums isn't right, especially when she piles on other false accusations concerning my faith. I will not have it, pure and simple.

glorydaz

Please stop calling her that. I get that she infers things that you say you did not intend, but you know what she infers so continuing to say it is inflammatory.

Since she is the one who always brings it up first, maybe you should tell her to stop bringing it up to begin with. I don't like being accused of calling her vulgar names when I did nothing of the kind.

That said, I will certainly do as you say.

glorydaz

When have I ever done this? The worst thing I've called you is "idiot" which is simply a statement of fact and not vulgar.

I see you like to jump to conclusions, too. I didn't say it was you. I'm not the one who makes false accusations. You're simply a little boy who thinks too highly of himself.....fact.

glorydaz

I don't understand why you keep on lying. The classic children's book is spelled different. Nagaina not Nagina. One just need to do a search to see where it all began. Please go ahead and post where YOU first started using those words.

I'm not lying, and you're a false accuser, too. It's been years since I read the story....I tell it now by memory. It's pronounced Nag-eeeeena, just like all female names. Her husband's name was Nag. I know this might be above your pay grade, but try and use the brain the Lord gave you. I won't admit to robbing a bank I didn't rob, and I won't admit to calling Nang a name I would never call someone. So, you people need to stop jumping in the gutter with a woman who goes off the deep end at the drop of a hat. :nono:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please stop calling her that. I get that she infers things that you say you did not intend, but you know what she infers so continuing to say it is inflammatory.
I too think the name should stop being used.

I, like many others, had never heard the particular Kipling story.
And I too was a little taken back by the use of the name.
Especially since it occurred at the same time that a play on a username "arse" was being used as a body part.
It was a wrong assumption to think that GD meant a body part. But that assumption was not cleared up till we learned of the Kipling story, so I don't think it was a giant leap to assume it.

Point being ...... there may be many lurkers and newbies that know nothing of the Kipling story and could easily assume the same.
Not worth the risk.

Since she is the one who always brings it up first, maybe you should tell her to stop bringing it up to begin with. I don't like being accused of calling her vulgar names when I did nothing of the kind.

That said, I will certainly do as you say.
Thank you. :thumb:

glorydaz

I too think the name should stop being used.

I, like many others, had never heard the particular Kipling story.
And I too was a little taken back by the use of the name.
Especially since it occurred at the same time that a play on a username "arse" was being used as a body part.
It was a wrong assumption to think that GD meant a body part. But that assumption was not cleared up till we learned of the Kipling story, so I don't think it was a giant leap to assume it.

Point being ...... there may be many lurkers and newbies that know nothing of the Kipling story and could easily assume the same.
Not worth the risk.

Thank you. :thumb:

Arse is more than a "body part" it's a sluggard...one who is behind. I have been calling him that since he first came on this board. It's the same with the word, "crock" which means nonsense. It's not my fault no one reads the classics anymore, now is it? What I find amusing is not one person had a problem with my being called "gory douche" ....no one except GM. But, poor little victim, Nang, is allowed to keep accusing me of calling her vulgar names. She and Arsinios went on for pages telling me to kiss his arse, and that was ignored. What do you think those poor innocent newbies thought of that? I'm betting that was clearer than someone turning "nagina" into "vagina" when they aren't even pronounced the same.

This entire thing is a bunch of bull brought on by Nang's deliberate effort to twist what I said to pay me back for sticking up for Sozo. Let's give credit where credit is due. I'm wondering why people are so reluctant to hold Nang accountable for her slander. It isn't doing her any favors, that's for sure.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Arse is more than a "body part" it's a sluggard...one who is behind. I have been calling him that since he first came on this board. It's the same with the word, "crock" which means nonsense. It's not my fault no one reads the classics anymore, now is it? What I find amusing is not one person had a problem with my being called "gory douche" ....no one except GM. But, poor little victim, Nang, is allowed to keep accusing me of calling her vulgar names. She and Arsinios went on for pages telling me to kiss his arse, and that was ignored. What do you think those poor innocent newbies thought of that? I'm betting that was clearer than someone turning "nagina" into "vagina" when they aren't even pronounced the same.

This entire thing is a bunch of bull brought on by Nang's deliberate effort to twist what I said to pay me back for sticking up for Sozo. Let's give credit where credit is due. I'm wondering why people are so reluctant to hold Nang accountable for her slander. It isn't doing her any favors, that's for sure.
WHOA!
I an not taking up for Nang and do not hold Nang innocent at all. She has made many derogatory slurs during her time here at TOL.

But I can see how that name being used by you is going to keep on being a problem for all those that do not know the story behind it all.
And I have given a reasonable explanation as to why it will be a problem.
If you refuse to see the real possibility that your morphing of a username into that particular name cannot be taken in a bad way by the many that do not know the whole story about it, then carry on and let the chips fall where they may.
I'm done trying to explain to you why using that particular name is a bad idea.
Over and out.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I don't care what some of the idiots on here think....there are plenty of them who fall for Nang's garbage, but I was disappointed when I thought you had. I assure you, I would never call any woman anything that resembled the word "vagina". It's the word we're supposed to use....God forbid it should be considered as some vulgar derogatory bit of "name calling". I was more shocked than anyone when I saw how a character from a children's classic had been twisted into something filthy. I still can't get over it, and that ignorant woman will not let it go.

So, you aren't in any hot water on my account....I appreciate your taking the time to explain. :)
I appreciate your taking the time to understand what I was trying to do. I also hope Nang does the same as relates to declaring a person unregenerate, or Nimrod who goes further with his "reprobate" label, which would imply that the person so labeled is beyond any hope of regeneration...something no one can know but God. In Nang's case, I am only trying to demonstrate that I have yet to see any evidence from your posts that would lead me to believe you are not a sister in Christ. For me such a declaration must be accompanied by clear and convincing doctrinal evidence. As I have been trying to show, the evidence from Nang to date does not meet that burden. Sadly, she has now declared me to be in the same boat, a declaration that grieves me. I hope and pray she recants, but rest comfortably in my own full assurance of my salvific state.

This recent detour of the original OP is sad and I hope it can be laid to rest.

AMR

Last edited:

glorydaz

WHOA!
I an not taking up for Nang and do not hold Nang innocent at all. She has made many derogatory slurs during her time here at TOL.

But I can see how that name being used by you is going to keep on being a problem for all those that do not know the story behind it all.
And I have given a reasonable explanation as to why it will be a problem.
If you refuse to see the real possibility that your morphing of a username into that particular name cannot be taken in a bad way by the many that do not know the whole story about it, then carry on and let the chips fall where they may.
I'm done trying to explain to you why using that particular name is a bad idea.
Over and out.

I already told Delmar I wouldn't use it again. My point was that someone needs to make it clear to Nang that her continued accusations about my calling her a "vulgar name" will mean it does come up again. She makes the claim, someone joins her in her indignation....causing me to have to explain it all over again. So, if it is to stop, it needs to stop at the source....which is Nang.

glorydaz

I appreciate your taking the time to understand what I was trying to do. I also hope Nang does the same as relates to declaring a person unregenerate, or Nimrod who goes further with his "reprobate" label, which would imply that the person so labeled is beyond any hope of regeneration...something no one can know but God. In Nang's case, I am only trying to demonstrate that I have yet to see any evidence from your posts that would lead me to believe you are not a sister in Christ. For me such a declaration must be accompanied by clear and convincing doctrinal evidence. As I have been trying to show, the evidence from Nang to date does not meet that burden. Sadly, she has now declared me to be in the same boat, a declaration that grieves me. I hope and pray she recants, but rest comfortably in my own full assurance of my salvific state.

AMR

Nang can't offer any evidence because there is none to offer....which is why she has to manufacture some out of whole cloth. She's allowing her emotions to rule, which is why Paul speaks of the need for the old man to be put off.

If anyone's "reprobate" around here, it's Nang. She has herself on quite a little altar, and needs to climb down.

Nimrod

I'm not lying, and you're a false accuser, too. It's been years since I read the story....

Not buying it! Show me the evidence of where YOU started to use the word(s) on TOL and the context it was used in. This is the 2nd time I have asked this question. Please provide evidence so we all can judge.

glorydaz

I already told Delmar I wouldn't use it again. My point was that someone needs to make it clear to Nang that her continued accusations about my calling her a "vulgar name" will mean it does come up again. She makes the claim, someone joins her in her indignation....causing me to have to explain it all over again. So, if it is to stop, it needs to stop at the source....which is Nang.

Not buying it! Show me the evidence of where YOU started to use the word(s) on TOL and the context it was used in. This is the 2nd time I have asked this question. Please provide evidence so we all can judge.

See, Tam, this is what I'm talking about. :readthis:

Nimrod, I don't give a rip what you're buying. You found the thread, go back and read it for yourself. Read the garbage Ars and N wrote, too, while you're at it.

Nimrod

Nimrod, I don't give a rip what you're buying. You found the thread, go back and read it for yourself. Read the garbage Ars and N wrote, too, while you're at it.

Nope. I will not. I want to see evidence of what you say is true. You have provided :drum: :drum: :drum: NOTHING.

The word is "responsible". You need to be responsible for your actions. There is no "do over". You can start and be a good Christian girl and say "I am sorry for what I have done". :rotfl: I crack myself up. Feminist don't do that, ever!

glorydaz

Nope. I will not. I want to see evidence of what you say is true. You have provided :drum: :drum: :drum: NOTHING.

The word is "responsible". You need to be responsible for your actions. There is no "do over". You can start and be a good Christian girl and say "I am sorry for what I have done". :rotfl: I crack myself up. Feminist don't do that, ever!

I'm not a bit sorry, and if you have any guts, big guy, go read the proof in Lon's thread. I posted it there. Read how your little girlfriend, Nang and her cohort Arsenios play their games...pages 50-62. Don't skip anything, they are such a cute little couple.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You're still a nutjob.

Assume away. You couldn't look like more of a fool if you tried, anyway.

I prefer not to play in your toilet.

I draw with pencils.

:blabla:

If a serious thought ever comes through you head I'll eat my hat.

Then why is your mouth still running?

Your only and constant entree IS your hat, then.

Christian Liberty

It's "too", moron.:eek:

Don't act like you didn't set yourself up for that.

Now, have you actually never heard the story of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi?

Here's a link: http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Nagaina

No, I haven't read the story. You're a grammar nazi, but this post did make me smile.

Sometimes people get their feeling hurt so bad they can't see straight.

I'm just not sure what AMR did wrong in this case... and I'm one of Nang's closest friends on this website. The only thing AMR may be guilty of is being too generous... I certainly don't see any evidence that GloryDaz is a saved woman. I do not claim to know for certain based on posts from this website. I can say that her character does not indicate regenerative status to me. I'm assuming Nang has some reason for declaring AMR to be an unsaved man beyond the fact that he will not say GloryDaz is unsaved, because we've discussed this kind of thing before. Marc Carpenter anathemized one of Nang's mentors for a similar reason, because he wouldn't say that all people who believe a certain doctrine are unsaved (universal atonement to be precise) and we both agreed that this was silly when we discussed it. So, I'm assuming Nang's reason goes beyond AMR's failure to say that GloryDaz is lost. I'm still waiting for her to fill me in.

In the meantime, I am really, really grieved by this. GloryDaz being an idiot is nothing new. Nang and I being frustrated with her idiocy is nothing new. But the fact that AMR was dragged into it just makes me really sad. Despite my disagreements with him on a few important matters, I respect AMR more than most. And I know Nang did to. Which is what makes this so depressing.

There's a fine balance somewhere between anathemizing over little things and failing to do so over serious matters. The latter error is more common than the former these days (nobody wants to tell anyone else they are lost, so its easy to go through hoops to justify never doing it) but we don't want to be condemning people because they fail to dot all their i's and cross all their t's either. I try to be careful about doing it. I think Nang does to. Which again, is why I think this is so unfortunate.

:thumb:

I see you like to jump to conclusions, too. I didn't say it was you. I'm not the one who makes false accusations. You're simply a little boy who thinks too highly of himself.....fact.

FACT: I am 19 years old, legally an adult

FACT: I am over 6ft tall.

FACT: I am 265 lbs.

Conclusion: I am not "little."

The rest, of course, is subjective opinion. But, you are wrong on basic facts. So again, an idiot.

AMR

Does Nimrod actually mean what you do by "reprobate" though? Mind you, I know your definition is correct, but I would be surprised if Nimrod actually means these people can't be saved, considering even Marc Carpenter doesn't declare anyone to be reprobate.

Nang can't offer any evidence because there is none to offer....which is why she has to manufacture some out of whole cloth. She's allowing her emotions to rule, which is why Paul speaks of the need for the old man to be put off.

If anyone's "reprobate" around here, it's Nang. She has herself on quite a little altar, and needs to climb down.

What does that have to do with being "reprobate?"

And you posted this even After AMR explained to you what the term means.

So, either you think its impossible that Nang could ever be saved, meaning you are claiming to know who is elect and who is not, making yourself into God. Or you failed to read AMR's post and thus are an idiot. You decide...

glorydaz

I'm just not sure what AMR did wrong in this case... and I'm one of Nang's closest friends on this website. The only thing AMR may be guilty of is being too generous... I certainly don't see any evidence that GloryDaz is a saved woman. I do not claim to know for certain based on posts from this website. I can say that her character does not indicate regenerative status to me.

That's because you walk by sight....a natural man who doesn't understand the things of the Spirit.

I'm assuming Nang has some reason for declaring AMR to be an unsaved man beyond the fact that he will not say GloryDaz is unsaved, because we've discussed this kind of thing before. Marc Carpenter anathemized one of Nang's mentors for a similar reason, because he wouldn't say that all people who believe a certain doctrine are unsaved (universal atonement to be precise) and we both agreed that this was silly when we discussed it. So, I'm assuming Nang's reason goes beyond AMR's failure to say that GloryDaz is lost. I'm still waiting for her to fill me in.

No doubt you can't be "filled in" since you are carnal. Those in the body of Christ know me.

In the meantime, I am really, really grieved by this. GloryDaz being an idiot is nothing new. Nang and I being frustrated with her idiocy is nothing new. But the fact that AMR was dragged into it just makes me really sad. Despite my disagreements with him on a few important matters, I respect AMR more than most. And I know Nang did to. Which is what makes this so depressing.

You continue to show yourself filled with pride unable to humble yourself in the sight of the Lord....which is why you have not yet been crucified and raised into newness of life. You give yourself away with every post you make.

There's a fine balance somewhere between anathemizing over little things and failing to do so over serious matters. The latter error is more common than the former these days (nobody wants to tell anyone else they are lost, so its easy to go through hoops to justify never doing it) but we don't want to be condemning people because they fail to dot all their i's and cross all their t's either. I try to be careful about doing it. I think Nang does to. Which again, is why I think this is so unfortunate.

You are lost, I have no problem telling you that. It isn't because you fail to dot your i's and cross your t's....it's because your pride in self has not yet been to the cross.

FACT: I am 19 years old, legally an adult

FACT: I am over 6ft tall.

FACT: I am 265 lbs.

Conclusion: I am not "little."

The rest, of course, is subjective opinion. But, you are wrong on basic facts. So again, an idiot.

"Legally" is as far as it goes. Yes, you're still a child and carnal.....not yet created IN CHRIST.....else you wouldn't be boasting about your flesh. I haven't read many of your posts, but 90 per cent of those I have read, I see you bragging about how smart you are. It' is a sure sign that you are not a spiritual man.

Does Nimrod actually mean what you do by "reprobate" though? Mind you, I know your definition is correct, but I would be surprised if Nimrod actually means these people can't be saved, considering even Marc Carpenter doesn't declare anyone to be reprobate.

What does that have to do with being "reprobate?"

And you posted this even After AMR explained to you what the term means.

So, either you think its impossible that Nang could ever be saved, meaning you are claiming to know who is elect and who is not, making yourself into God. Or you failed to read AMR's post and thus are an idiot. You decide...

I failed to read AMR's definition of reprobate....which doesn't make me an idiot, little boy. It only shows me that you are a baby. :baby:

My point was, and I continue to maintain, that Nang must humble herself before she can be saved. She hasn't shown any signs of having done that, nor does she listen to the basic Gospel so she can be saved.

glorydaz

One problem.... I'm not a Calvinist.

Fail.

And you couldn't have the remotest hint of a conversation on the depths of these topics or with these vital Greek terms, etc.

Nobody needs condescension from the sandbox at the daycare. Go find some water colors or crayons or something. It's difficult enough dealing with well-meaning and decent-hearted members who are just trapped in conceptual tangents to truths because of false language patterns for thought.

You're just a nuisance to deter any serious thought or conversation from occurring. But that likely won't stop you from posting meaninglessness.

Ssshhhhh. The adults are talking.

Just when I think there is some hope for you, you come up with a post like this. Have you ever noticed that the Bible refers to us as "children" and never as "adults"? Rather than "legislative" as you Greek thinkers are so prone to be....casting down lightning bolts from on high, God teaches us from a Parental point of view. :nono:

Your pride in the Greek is pretty odd since it is the complete opposite of Biblical thinking. It is abstract where Hebrew is concrete. It is actually evolutionary...lineal....and noun based rather than verb based as Hebrew is. It's all well and good to understand Greek, but it is not the language in which one can understand the Bible. What it does seem to do is promote a certain pride of life.....that was always the case with the Greeks, though, wasn't it? :chuckle:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Just when I think there is some hope for you, you come up with a post like this. Have you ever noticed that the Bible refers to us as "children" and never as "adults"? Rather than "legislative" as you Greek thinkers are so prone to be....casting down lightning bolts from on high, God teaches us from a Parental point of view. :nono:

We come to Him as a little child. Strong meat belongs to those who are of full age.

And there are roles for the perfecting of the saints. Til we all come to the perfect man; to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Our hearts of faith are to always be that of little children, but we're supposed to become adults in the faith.

That's the problem, when an adult dares say anything about maturity and completeness in Christ.

I had actually counted you among those.

Your pride in the Greek is pretty odd since it is the complete opposite of Biblical thinking. It is abstract where Hebrew is concrete.

It's actually the inverse, since the Hebrew mind wasn't able to process typology and the like that was prolifically included throughout the OT canon.

It is actually evolutionary...lineal....and noun based rather than verb based as Hebrew is.

Yes, that's the low-context nature of Greek, and it's VITAL for being renewed in the spirit of our minds.

It's all well and good to understand Greek, but it is not the language in which one can understand the Bible.

Quite the contrary. And first-language English thinkers/speakers shouldn't be assessing such things without a rigor of divesting their minds of their native language's patterning of thought. You unfortunately can't legitimately make the above statement.

What it does seem to do is promote a certain pride of life.....that was always the case with the Greeks, though, wasn't it? :chuckle:

Yes, it does SEEM to. Almost always. And I could explain why that is, just as I do multiple times every week to live classes. In about an hour they universally "get it" as an ephiphany. It's a life-changing understanding.

The Koine Greek language is not an inherent reflection of Classic Greek culture. It was the common dialect utilized throughout the Byzantine Empire, and God chose it for specific reasons.

Even if you continue to erroneously presume my arrogance, it's really not prudent to question God's choice of language for initial inspiration of the text.

And I'm not talking about learning the Greek language. I don't teach the language itself. The key is to utilize the structure of Greek to correct the effects of English at the sub-cognitive and cognitive levels.

Apart from the ontological Gospel itself (which few truly know in any depth), this is the most important thing to know for any Christian. I've taught hundreds upon hundreds regarding this, and they are absolutely unanimous in agreement.

YOU would "get it" readily, IMHO. I just don't know if you "want" to know. That's usually the biggest obstacle, at least in the beginning.