Ivermectin for covid 19

way 2 go

A recent clinical trial of ivermectin in the Argentinian hospital system produced spectacular results. … The study team recruited 1,195 health professionals, of whom 407 received no treatment and 788 received self-administered ivermectin oral drops and an iota-carrageenan nasal spray five times per day over a 14 day period. Carrageenan is an emulsifier extracted from red seaweed.

The Argentinian study team reported that the study data revealed that of the participants in the control group (those not taking the study drug combination), 58% of the participants were infected with COVID-19 during the duration of the trial. The study team reported no contagions were recorded in the carrageenan and ivermectin arm. So the result was 58% out of 407 not taking ivermectin became infected while nobody in the 788 people taking ivermectin were infected with the virus.

The same result was achieved in an informal experiment in a French nursing home which was having an outbreak of scabies. Ivermectin was prescribed to all residents and staff of the nursing home. While there were widespread casualties in nearby nursing homes, no deaths or severe cases of COVID-19 occurred among the residents and staff of the nursing home with the scabies outbreak.

chair

A preprint published in April 2020 claimed benefits of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19, but it was a retrospective study based on questionable hospital data from Surgisphere and was withdrawn at the end of May. The preprint led to several government agencies in Latin America recommending ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment; these recommendations were later denounced by the regional WHO office.[87] On October 12, 2020 Peru withdrew its authorization to use ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19.[88]

In November 2020 a meta-analysis found only weak evidence of benefit.[89] The World Health Organization and National Institute of Health abandoned trials of ivermectin for use treating COVID-19, because of a lack of promising evidence.[90]

Wikipedia

Derf

A preprint published in April 2020 claimed benefits of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19, but it was a retrospective study based on questionable hospital data from Surgisphere and was withdrawn at the end of May. The preprint led to several government agencies in Latin America recommending ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment; these recommendations were later denounced by the regional WHO office.[87] On October 12, 2020 Peru withdrew its authorization to use ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19.[88]

In November 2020 a meta-analysis found only weak evidence of benefit.[89] The World Health Organization and National Institute of Health abandoned trials of ivermectin for use treating COVID-19, because of a lack of promising evidence.[90]

Wikipedia

Hilltrot

I have to agree with chair on this one.

However, this is the result of Fauci, the WHO, the mainstream media, and social media companies lying so much. Everyone else is believed even if they are wrong.

The first way not to get the virus is to not get it. The second way is to vaccinate yourself. And the main defense against the virus is to lose weight and exercise.

However, unless you are in an at-risk group, the chance of dying from the virus is about 0.01%. You may get it and not even know it. However, I wouldn't want to be the one out of ten-thousand.

chair

And the main defense against the virus is to lose weight and exercise.
This is important. COVID should be a great motivation to stop smoking, lose weight, exercise! I wonder how many overweight diabetic couch potatoes sit around thinking "hey, it mostly effects people with existing conditions"- without looking in the mirror.

Derf

I have to agree with chair on this one.

However, this is the result of Fauci, the WHO, the mainstream media, and social media companies lying so much. Everyone else is believed even if they are wrong.

The first way not to get the virus is to not get it. The second way is to vaccinate yourself. And the main defense against the virus is to lose weight and exercise.

However, unless you are in an at-risk group, the chance of dying from the virus is about 0.01%. You may get it and not even know it. However, I wouldn't want to be the one out of ten-thousand.
Im pretty sure I’m just getting over it. Loss of smell on Christmas Eve was my first symptom I noticed, though had some tiredness beforehand—thought from doing some exercise I wasn’t used to, so I’m not sure of the relationship.

Smell returned today, 27 Dec. had maybe an hour of fever on 25 Dec. Slept a lot, tried not to push too hard. Upped my Vitamin C and zinc and remembered multi-vitamin more often.

Back in May my Dr had told me he was threatened with loss of license by the AMA, if he went against their recommendations on anything (masks, social distancing, medications, etc). I’m pretty confidant many have died BECAUSE of the clamp down on easy to get treatments.

Gary K

Banned
Im pretty sure I’m just getting over it. Loss of smell on Christmas Eve was my first symptom I noticed, though had some tiredness beforehand—thought from doing some exercise I wasn’t used to, so I’m not sure of the relationship.

Smell returned today, 27 Dec. had maybe an hour of fever on 25 Dec. Slept a lot, tried not to push too hard. Upped my Vitamin C and zinc and remembered multi-vitamin more often.

Back in May my Dr had told me he was threatened with loss of license by the AMA, if he went against their recommendations on anything (masks, social distancing, medications, etc). I’m pretty confidant many have died BECAUSE of the clamp down on easy to get treatments.
Take quercetin along with the zinc. It's a zinc ionophore and increases the ability of zinc to get through the cell wall as it has a different ion charge than both zinc and the cell which have the same ion charges. Thus it easily attaches to cell walls and provides a transport mechanism through the cell wall for the zinc to attack the virus.

It's late in the infection cycle but it's still a lot better than going without it.

Hilltrot

There are many things about prescription law I would like to see changed. In short, I think people should be allowed to harm themselves with whatever drugs they want.

However, I believe that it is not intelligent to say that proper masks and distancing doesn't work or even help one not to get the disease. And yes, I believe singing in at a church in a closed space with lots of other people without a mask is asking for it.

Derf

There are many things about prescription law I would like to see changed. In short, I think people should be allowed to harm themselves with whatever drugs they want.
I'm sympathetic to your position, but the extreme is to decriminalize suicide attempts, and euthanasia will follow. Once we devalue human life, as we've seen with abortion, other life is deemed unworthy, too.

And some drug intake harms fetuses

Hilltrot

I'm sympathetic to your position, but the extreme is to decriminalize suicide attempts, and euthanasia will follow. Once we devalue human life, as we've seen with abortion, other life is deemed unworthy, too.

And some drug intake harms fetuses
Allowing freedom over one's own life is not devaluing it. It enhances it.

Show me the video of the junkie who got clean because he or she couldn't find drugs anymore. And you've got 50 years of trying with your war on drugs.

And at what point does it end. The great neo-con W. decided that eyeglasses were a threat to national security and to save people from hurting themselves, he was going to force everyone get government approval ahead of time. Was that going to far in the effort to "value" human life?

Take Metaformin or tons of other similar drugs. People have to be saved from such drugs by waiting at a doctor's office and asking for permission with a $300+ bribe?

Do you believe that God is evil and made an evil plant? The U.N. does. The coca plant is evil and its mere existence is a threat to humanity and devalue human life. Except for when it is grown for the Coca-Cola company. Then it is A-OK.

Most prescription and drug laws have nothing to do with valuing human life. The laws are designed to devalue human life, reduce freedom, and increase profits.

Gary K

Banned
A recent clinical trial of ivermectin in the Argentinian hospital system produced spectacular results. … The study team recruited 1,195 health professionals, of whom 407 received no treatment and 788 received self-administered ivermectin oral drops and an iota-carrageenan nasal spray five times per day over a 14 day period. Carrageenan is an emulsifier extracted from red seaweed.

The Argentinian study team reported that the study data revealed that of the participants in the control group (those not taking the study drug combination), 58% of the participants were infected with COVID-19 during the duration of the trial. The study team reported no contagions were recorded in the carrageenan and ivermectin arm. So the result was 58% out of 407 not taking ivermectin became infected while nobody in the 788 people taking ivermectin were infected with the virus.

The same result was achieved in an informal experiment in a French nursing home which was having an outbreak of scabies. Ivermectin was prescribed to all residents and staff of the nursing home. While there were widespread casualties in nearby nursing homes, no deaths or severe cases of COVID-19 occurred among the residents and staff of the nursing home with the scabies outbreak.
I had never looked Ivermectin to find out what it is. It turns out it is a zinc ionophore just like HCQ. That means it is alkaline and when it attaches to an infected cell it creates a channel for zinc to enter the cell plus it makes the interior of the cell more alkaline. As the coronavirus is acid based it greatly slows down the ability of the virus to "live" in that cell and slows down it's ability to replicate itself as it needs an acidic environment to reproduce. As zinc also attacks the virus' ability to replicate it's a double whammy on the the virus and the immune system can handle the virus before it can replicate.

Adding vitamin d3 to this regimen greatly greatly enhances the immune system as it keeps the 1st stage of our immune system alert and fighting off the virus from the time of first infection as the virus has the ability to put the first stage of our immune system to sleep for 10 days if a person is deficient in zinc. Then when the immune system does come alive it sees a massive infection going on and it starts send out signals for help, That's when the cytokine storms occur and the immune system starts attacking healthy cells adding to the damage the virus is doing, That's when a person enters the critical stage of the disease.

This is one reason blacks are hit so hard by the coronavirus as dark skin inhibits the ability of the body to absorb vitamin D through the skin. They end up almost always being zinc deficient in the northern latitudes.

I see the disinformation agents are here knocking the drug the very same day you posted. So you're right on target. This stuff works. Their opposition means you're pushing something that can successfully treat the coronavirus, just like HCQ.

way 2 go

I had never looked Ivermectin to find out what it is. It turns out it is a zinc ionophore just like HCQ. That means it is alkaline and when it attaches to an infected cell it creates a channel for zinc to enter the cell plus it makes the interior of the cell more alkaline. As the coronavirus is acid based it greatly slows down the ability of the virus to "live" in that cell and slows down it's ability to replicate itself as it needs an acidic environment to reproduce. As zinc also attacks the virus' ability to replicate it's a double whammy on the the virus and the immune system can handle the virus before it can replicate.

Adding vitamin d3 to this regimen greatly greatly enhances the immune system as it keeps the 1st stage of our immune system alert and fighting off the virus from the time of first infection as the virus has the ability to put the first stage of our immune system to sleep for 10 days if a person is deficient in zinc. Then when the immune system does come alive it sees a massive infection going on and it starts send out signals for help, That's when the cytokine storms occur and the immune system starts attacking healthy cells adding to the damage the virus is doing, That's when a person enters the critical stage of the disease.

This is one reason blacks are hit so hard by the coronavirus as dark skin inhibits the ability of the body to absorb vitamin D through the skin. They end up almost always being zinc deficient in the northern latitudes.

I see the disinformation agents are here knocking the drug the very same day you posted. So you're right on target. This stuff works. Their opposition means you're pushing something that can successfully treat the coronavirus, just like HCQ.

Doctor explains 99.3% of COVID-19 patients treated with Ivermectin recovered in five days​

After eight months of active clinical observation and attending about 7 thousand patients of Covid-19 in three medical centers located in Puerto Plata, La Romana, and Punta Cana, Dr. José Natalio Redondo revealed that 99.3% of the symptomatic patients who received care in his emergency services, including the use of Ivermectin, managed to recover in the first five days of recorded symptoms.

Gary K

Banned

Doctor explains 99.3% of COVID-19 patients treated with Ivermectin recovered in five days​

After eight months of active clinical observation and attending about 7 thousand patients of Covid-19 in three medical centers located in Puerto Plata, La Romana, and Punta Cana, Dr. José Natalio Redondo revealed that 99.3% of the symptomatic patients who received care in his emergency services, including the use of Ivermectin, managed to recover in the first five days of recorded symptoms.
That doesn't surprise me at all since I now understand it's a zinc ionophore. HCQ has many such clinical observations and tests that show it works just as well. Both drugs assist our immune systems in attacking any virus infection so it doesn't matter how often the coronavirus mutates our immune systems will fight it off with either Ivermectin or HCQ.

This can also be done with quercetin as it's another zinc ionophore that uses the same mechanism in the cell that both manufactured drugs do only it is also available in quite a few common foods. I've been using quercetin, zinc, and vitamin D3 as a prophylaxis for at least 6 or 7 months now. It's cheap and very effective. I doubt I spend $10 a month on the entire regimen.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The medical community is not hiding any information, or concealing miracle cures.
A simple search will clarify things.
Here's some more info:
Both your replies either don't address the more complete studies, or they simply say the studies are just part of the data they need to show that treatments are effective or not.

This is bad study on your part, which shows a bias on your part against trying to find an effective treatment.

Why are you against trying to find effective treatment? If you see studies that show effective treatment, the correct response shouldn't be "since less rigorous studies don't clearly show effective treatment we should knuckle under the politicians that are ruining lives". That's what you are saying here. What you should be saying is "wow, so far so good on studies that show the politicians were completely wrong for mandating masks and lockdowns - let's keep searching for more complete data."

And, good news for you, there is more complete data. In related but not directly connected fields, we find that there are no excess deaths. And even more data - graphs of daily cases or deaths show no correlation to mask or lockdown mandates.

Therefore, even as a layman, you can conclude that many treatments are effective and there is no pandemic. As a nutshell definition, a pandemic is an international infectious disease that kills so many more people than usual that killing ourselves in other areas (with lockdown and mask mandates in this context) will result in less deaths.

Which we then can conclude, if we are logical, that since this is a normal infectious disease season, like all the others before, the vaccine is not vital.

chair

This is bad study on your part, which shows a bias on your part against trying to find an effective treatment.

Why are you against trying to find effective treatment?...

Therefore, even as a layman, you can conclude that many treatments are effective and there is no pandemic. As a nutshell definition, a pandemic is an international infectious disease that kills so many more people than usual that killing ourselves in other areas (with lockdown and mask mandates in this context) will result in less deaths.

Which we then can conclude, if we are logical, that since this is a normal infectious disease season, like all the others before, the vaccine is not vital.
What type of an argument is this? Because I read the papers and understand that some of these treatments are not effective- I am against finding treatment? Nonsense- this is just a more sophisticated way of calling me a 'retard'. I know that there has been great progress made in treatment, as one would hope and expect over time, and I am glad of it, as I am glad for the vaccine.

The bias is in those who insist, against all evidence, that the pandemic is fake, that the medical community are fools or tools of somebody evil.

You keep repeating that there are no excess deaths- you posted something about that a while ago- I don't recall where. There are numbers.