Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:idea: Smilie Story Contest!!!

Smilie story contests have always been lots of fun in the past and we are overdue for one.

With the recent addition of several new :)s, the latest being :cyborg:, it's :Cyrus: we had another one to see who is the most talented :think: at integrating :)s in constructing CleverDan a story .

We've had some really creative ones in the past. :up: I believe :Elaine: won :first: , :cattyfan: won :second: and :sozo2: won :third: in the last contest.

The deadline for this contest will be July 18th at midnight.

Stories will be judged by mods and admins.

They will be judged on content, frequency of :)s used in a story and creativity in how the :)s are used.

We will announce :third: :second: and :first: place winners.

Make us :rotfl:, :think: :jump: or make us :bannana: . Just don't make us :bang: or read anything that will get you :banned: .

So get to thinking :think: :idea: :geek: and submit your entries here. :readthis: :cool:

:thumb:

Last edited:

The Berean

Knight said:
Just so ya know.... there is a maximum smilie limit of 150 per post.
Are you sure? I have 151 smilies shown

:chuckle: :plain: :wazzup: :party: :doh: :ha: :think: :second: :king: :bang: :alien: :spam: :mrt: :yawn: :cloud9: :eek: :hammer: :mario: :madmad: :dog: :mad: :greedy: :nono: :help: :cards: :) :rolleyes: :cry: :shocked: :cheers: :chew: :wave2: :loser: :car: :down: :crackup: :comeout: :jump: :box: :readthis: :p :jazz: :thumb: :banned: :up: :duh: :cow: :idea: :shut: :grave: :singer: :banana: :cool: :wave: :noway: :drum: :bannana: :guitar: :sigh: :patrol: :vomit: :dunce: :luigi: :dead: :dizzy: :( :sam: :kookoo: :angel: :noid: :zoomin: :eek: :third: :baby: :sleep: :confused: :D :sheep: :juggle: :rain: :rotfl: :kiss: ;) :first: :devil: :Letsargu: :limey: :Servent: :Christine :em: :sozo: :zman: :bow: :geek: :troll: :Slippery: :thefool: CleverDan :freak: :zakath: :tunes: :taoist: :Shaggy: :chz4brnz: :mock: :ninjassy: :squint: :jessilu: :aikido: :granite: :aimiel: :hockey: :Sotk+Ju: :idunno: :poly: :shadowmd: :emarie: :MrCoffee: :Shimei: :Jujubee: :pureX: :checker: :Elaine: :Ninja: :CRASH: :nascar: :Nineveh: :skeptic: :Brandon: :neck: :Clete: :e4e: :lucy: :darwinsm: :deb: :beanboy: :flamer: :crow: :turbo: :WA: :blabla: :liberals: :Zimster: :lucky: :crow2: :troy: :LoJo: :straight: :Whipsnap: :cattyfan: :cyborg:

The Berean

Philetus said:

How did you ever get 1,000,000 in reputation? :chuckle:

It's a picture of the church.:doh:

Philetus
On the other hand...Perhaps I did tell a story without knowing it. :think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Berean said:
It's not a story. I simply posted 151 smilies. So is the 150 smilie limit not in effect?
I am just like the nation of Israel....

I like to add in one extra just to be safe. :)

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
:BillyBob: :mock: :flamer: :Brandon:

:Brandon: :mock: :BillyBob:

:Brandon: :(

:Brandon: :( :nono: :flamer:

:knight: :nono:

:knight: :nono: :BillyBob:

:knight: :mad: :BillyBob:

:knight: :madmad: :BillyBob:

:knight: :confused: :BillyBob:

:knight: ..... :BillyBob: :banned:

:Commie: :banana:

The Berean

DEVO said:

:Brandon: :mock: :BillyBob:

:Brandon: :(

:Brandon: :( :nono: :flamer:

:knight: :nono:

:knight: :nono: :BillyBob:

:knight: :mad: :BillyBob:

:knight: :madmad: :BillyBob:

:knight: :confused: :BillyBob:

:knight: ..... :BillyBob: :banned:

:Commie: :banana:
Ahhh..the story of how BillyBob got banned. :chuckle:

JoyfulRook

I wish...

I wish...

It was a dark and :rain: night. Everyone was at the TOL :party: at :BillyBob: 's house. Everybody was there. TT86, :WA:, and :CRASH: were watching :nascar: while :Shaggy: tried to get them to change it to :hockey: . :Elaine:, :Shimei:, :lucky:, and :shadowmd:stood around the snack table :chew:ing :nori:'s delicious foods. And of course :BillyBob: was :cheers:ing. Most importantly though, :knight:, :turbo:, and :poly: were witnessing to :granite: and :beanboy:. :beanboy: left quickly, unable to :bow: before his maker. He left :mad:ing. :granite: just :plain: in :think:. Pretty soon the talk drew :Nineveh:, the:sibbie:, and:Clete:. In :granite:'s :em: he knew that the Smackers spoke the truth about God. He started to soften his :em:. :Clete: explained how there is :1Way: to God. :granite: then asked a great :confused:. How could he become a Christian? :poly: and :knight: :bow:ed down with :granite: and prayed. :granite: said he was :( for the sins he'd commited. :granite: repented and became a Christian! That was when the real :party: began! :bannana: :guitar: :sheep: :juggle: :jump: Everyone:BRAVO:ed. :granite:'s :em: was filled with the love of Christ. :cloud9:

:D

- :dhelm:​

The Berean

Dread Helm said:
It was a dark and :rain: night. Everyone was at the TOL :party: at :BillyBob: 's house. Everybody was there. TT86, :WA:, and :CRASH: were watching :nascar: while :Shaggy: tried to get them to change it to :hockey: . :Elaine:, :Shimei:, :lucky:, and :shadowmd:stood around the snack table :chew:ing :nori:'s delicious foods. And of course :BillyBob: was :cheers:ing. Most importantly though, :knight:, :turbo:, and :poly: were witnessing to :granite: and :beanboy:. :beanboy: left quickly, unable to :bow: before his maker. He left :mad:ing. :granite: just :plain: in :think:. Pretty soon the talk drew :Nineveh:, the:sibbie:, and:Clete:. In :granite:'s :em: he knew that the Smackers spoke the truth about God. He started to soften his :em:. :Clete: explained how there is :1Way: to God. :granite: then asked a great :confused:. How could he become a Christian? :poly: and :knight: :bow:ed down with :granite: and prayed. :granite: said he was :( for the sins he'd commited. :granite: repented and became a Christian! That was when the real :party: began! :bannana: :guitar: :sheep: :juggle: :jump: Everyone:BRAVO:ed. :granite:'s :em: was filled with the love of Christ. :cloud9:

Yes, the day Granite turns to Christ will be a joyous day indeed.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh man, Dread Helm, that was awesome. I desperately hope this story comes true!! :up:

And if so, no doubt, one HUGE party, indeed!!

Last edited:

truthteller86

Since DEVO beat me to telling the Banning of BillyBob Story, I submit the following in the "Smiles Only" Category:

My TOL Signature.

:guitar: :party: + :cheers: = :vomit: = :doh: = :cry: = :em: = :help:? :idea: +:Slippery:+ John 14:6 :1Way: = :king:

~TT86

PS: I am requesting that the following attachment, originally posted in the Friday Night Fiasco thread "Positive rep or death" be offered for the judges consideration (bribery), since I was going to use it as a non-smiley tactic in my re-telling of the Banning of BillyBob Story that DEVO beat me to :sigh: (did I already mention that? hehe).

Love you guys !

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Dread Helm said:

I'll bring the keg!

2ephesians8

Dread Helm said:

Awhhh...what a happy little diddy Dread!

:chuckle:

That 'ol [: )] might break someday.

:chuckle:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Come on people!!! Only three entries so far.

The winner gets their choice....
- One year TOL bronze subscription
- Smilie named after them

truthteller86

I, truthteller86, formally submit the following entry into the :p :poly: contest.
(admins, please disregard post #14, I was still :sozo2: over DEVO beating me to the :box: )
******************************************************************************************************************

truthteller86's testimony:

I was :baby:into a traditional Catholic :neck: :shadowmd: :skeptic: :plain: . I even attended Catholic :poly: for 12 years. I was quite a :dunce: and often spent time :zakath: around with my :kookoo: friends and then getting:sibbie: by my dad for all the:doh: things I did. My brother and I :box: all the :Cyrus: and since my :shadowmd: passed away when I was 12 :sigh: , I didn't have much I :thumb: influence in my life. My Catholic upbringing basically :singer: me that, "Michael, if you are a really :angel::e4e: , one day when you :dead:, you might go to :cloud9:" Wow, did that put me under a lot of :dizzy: and :confused:. I though my relationship with :king: was solely based on me either listening to:devil: on my left shoulder or :Elaine: on my right. Needless to :sozo:, most of the time I had :idunno::idea: what was :up: or :down: . When I did sin, I went through a huge :shocked: guilt :beanboy: that made me:bang: and feel like I was :grave:. I tried to fill the :cry: in my life with :cheers: , :party: , :guitar: , and all sorts of other :nono:. Even though this was no :help: for me, I continued to :hammer:myself and :mario: from the :Brandon: that had been trying to :Slippery: me with a still small voice. I ended up so :aikido: in my own :pureX: I felt like I had no choice but to keep :bannana: to my own :drum:. After several years of :cheers: and :party: , I was getting really :yawn: of :vomit: all the :Cyrus:, hoping I don't get stopped by the :patrol: and :banned: from :poly: or work. Eventually I hit rock :cry: and I could no longer deal with every :Sotk+Ju: turning into :em:. Thankfully, no matter how :rain: things seemed to be, I never :think: seriously about :Letsargu: myself. I was living in my dorm at :poly: Northeast LA University where my roommate and I shared a suite with two :baby: again Christians. They had been :sozo: to me for a while and even invited me to attend their weekly Bible studies :noid: . I was "much too busy :cheers: and :party: to waste my :Cyrus:with those :loser:", I :think: to myself. However, even though I was :mad: at the world, I tried not to :mock: them. Then one night, February 17, 1993 to be exact, my :granite: life :WA: forever ! I was borrowing my suitemate's :geek: ( back then we only had one to share :chuckle: ) I was:cattyfan: a :wave: CleverDan to an ex-:shadowmd:when suddenly, I found myself drawn into a conversation my Christian suitemates were having. This time I did not :think: what they were :singer: about was just :blabla:. Something stirred deep within my :em:. They did not know much about me, so they asked me if I believed in :king:. I replied, :rolleyes:: :duh:, doesn't everybody believe in :king: ? Even though they were :liberals: their heads, they continued... Do you believe that :king: :dead: on the cross for you and 3 days later rose from the :grave: so that your :cry: could be forgiven and your :em: restored ? All of the sudden, things started to :idea:. I realized at that point, there was only :1Way: to have a :up: relationship with :king:. Perceiving that I was:chew: on what they inquired of me, they asked if I would like to pray with them to accept :king: in my :em: as Lord and Savior. I WAS ready :jump: ...So I :bow: my life before :king: and accepted Him into my :em: and became a :baby: again Christian with a new :tunes: in my heart.
"And the :Elaine:s in Heaven :the_wave: over this one :cry: er who repented ."
I was so:bannana: I wanted to stay up all night and :singer: even though it was about 1:00 AM.
I started going to Church with them and .:poly: about :king: and all the things He has done for me.
13 years later, there is still a new :tunes: in my heart....

I'm :idea: of the :singer: the Apostle Paul :cattyfan: in his 1st CleverDan to the Corinthians:
1 Cor 24-29 Striving for a :king:
24 Do you not :liberals: that those who :luigi: in a :checker: :nascar: all :luigi:, but one receives the :first: ? :luigi:in such a way that you may obtain :first: .
25 And everyone who :box: for the :first: is :) in all things. Now :zakath: do it to obtain a perishable :king:, but we for an imperishable :king:.
26 Therefore I :luigi: thus: not with :confused:. Thus I :box: : not as one who :box:s the :cloud9: .
27 But I :jeffrson:my body and bring it into :bow: , lest, when I have :sozo: to :zakath: , I myself should become :banned: .

That's my :poly:

~TT86

azrael777

Once upon a :Cyrus:, a :shadowmd: named mary was pledged to be married to a :mario: named Joseph. :mario: took :shadowmd: to Bethlehem to CleverDan for a census. While they were there, :shadowmd: had a :baby:. Then an :Elaine: :WA: to some :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: who were sheperds. The :Elaine: :sozo: the :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: that the :baby: was infact the :king: of the Jews. The messiah. When the :Elaine: :granite: the :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :zoomin: to see the :baby: :king:
When the :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: had :squint: the :baby: :king: they :zoomin: back and :bow: God.

Some :Cyrus: later, after the :baby: :king: had grown to a :mario: :king: the :mario: :king: started :sozo: all the :the_wave: about God and who He was. The :mario: :king: performed many miracles. He brought a :mario: back from :Letsargu: . And turned water into :cheers:. He was truly the :baby: of God.

After a short :Cyrus: of :sozo: to all the :the_wave: :mario: :king: told all of his disciples that :mario: :king: would be :granite: soon. The :mario: :king: also told them that one of them would :Grizzly: him in the back. One disciple told the :mario: :king: that he would never :Grizzly: him in the back. The :mario: :king: told that disciple that before the :Zimster: crowed he would :nono: even knowing the :mario: :king: thee times. The :mario: :king: the turned to :flamer: and :sozo: :flamer: to :zoomin: do what hw was gonna do. It turned out :flamer: was the betrayer. Later the :SOTK: :SOTK: :SOTK: came and took the :mario: :king: to a :zakath: that washed his hands of the situation. The :SOTK: :SOTK: :SOTK: took the :mario: :king: to a cross where he :Letsargu:.

Three days later the :mario: :king: rose from the :grave:. The :mario: :king: had :Letsargu: so that we could :cloud9: .