It's Not OK to Be White in the West Anymore

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Apparently, saying "It's OK to be white" is hate speech now.

It's OK to be black.

It's OK to be brown.

It's OK to be a Muslim.

It's OK to be gay.

But it's not OK to be white, and especially not a CIS straight white male.

But go on.

Tell me about how bad Richard Spencer is. :nono:

Posters proclaiming “IT’S OKAY TO BE WHITE” have been appearing on college campuses and on city streets across the country this week, prompted by an anonymous chat-room comment that suggested the message would feed social unrest and sway white Americans to far-right ideologies.

Since Tuesday, the posters have been spotted in Rocky River, Ohio; at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minn.; at Tulane University in New Orleans; at Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Spring, Md.; around college-campus rich Cambridge, Mass., including the Harvard Yard and at the University of Alberta in Canada. In most cases, schools and cities have pulled the posters down.

Those fliers went up all over the United States, Canada, etc. And almost universally the response has been alarm and outrage.

Because whiteness is unacceptable.

It's not OK to be white.

If you are white, you should be ashamed of it.

Because whiteness itself is bad, evil and oppressive.

Washington Post Article

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trad,

What have you been up to nowadays?
Have you completed your graduate studies?
Are you working in academia now as I recall this was a goal of yours a few years ago.

AMR

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

It's OK to be black.

It's OK to be brown.

It's OK to be a Muslim.

It's OK to be gay.

But go on.

Those fliers went up all over the United States, Canada, etc. And almost universally the response has been alarm and outrage.

It's not OK to be white.

Washington Post Article

You would like to be me, I understand, but you are not me, and have your own reality, so, deal with it!

The Berean

It's OK to be black.

It's OK to be brown.

It's OK to be a Muslim.

It's OK to be gay.

But go on.

It's not OK to be white.

Washington Post Article
"White" is an artificial construct. What is your actual ethnicity, Trad? British? German? French? Spanish? Portuguese? Polish? Russian? Italian? Greek?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
"White" is an artificial construct. What is your actual ethnicity, Trad? British? German? French? Spanish? Portuguese? Polish? Russian? Italian? Greek?

Even if "white" is an artificial construct, I fail to see why saying "It's OK to be white" should be considered a scandalous thing to say. There's absolutely no justification for the complete overreaction that resulted.

This really only proves the case of the alt-right, in my opinion:

If we didn't live in an anti-white culture, then nobody would have cared about the fliers. People would have looked at the fliers, shrugged their shoulders, and gone on about their day.

But that's not what happened.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Even if "white" is an artificial construct, I fail to see why saying "It's OK to be white" should be considered a scandalous thing to say. There's absolutely no justification for the complete overreaction that resulted.

If we didn't live in an anti-white culture, then nobody would have cared about the fliers. People would have looked at the fliers, shrugged their shoulders, and gone on about their day.

Trad, what do you think of Trump's love of white people?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Trad, what do you think of Trump's love of white people?

I think that people are going to be surprised when I say this, but I'm not convinced that Trump is politically motivated by racial motivations. Trump cares about rich people. That's about it.

And even then, I think that's too broad.

I think that Trump primarily loves and is out to benefit good old numero uno.

glorydaz

Well, white isn't an artificial construct no matter what the libs would like us to believe.

There's nothing wrong with the same designations we've had for years....check a box and move along.

The pendulum has swung from one extreme to another, and it's all a bunch of foolishness. :angel:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
One further general point:

In my view, this highlights my overall point about race:

"Black lives matter" should not be a controversial thing to say. Of course black lives matter. Nobody should bat an eye when they hear that.

But the same should hold true of "It's OK to be white" or "white lives matter."

Of course, I understand the motivations of the speaker might be suspect. Why is this person singling out black lives in particular, or why is this person singling out white people?

All well and good.

But in and of themselves, "black lives matter" and "it's OK to be white" should be perfectly benign things to say. Nobody should disagree with either of those things.

But we live in a society where it is controversial to say either.

Why?

Because we live in a racialized multiracial society. We live in a society where race has been integrated into a demographic power politic. We live in a society in which we have deeply ingrained racial strife.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
More right-wing straw men . I'm a white heterosexual male and not trans . Nobody has ever mistreated me for being these things , and I'm certainly not being mistreated for this at the moment.
Cops have never mistreated me , stopped and questioned me for being white . I've never been turned down for a job or anything for being white . I'm not at risk for being shot by the police on the street despite not being armed . I've been turned down for a lot of things over the years , but not because I was white .
No perfect stranger has ever come up to me and said "You ******** white heterosexual male , get out of America and go back to Europe ! When I was in college and graduate school, no professor every condemned me for being a white heterosexual male . Of course, that was long ago, before some universities went insane and faculty, administration and students became paranoid about offending people .

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
More right-wing straw men.

It's not a strawman. If you look at the reactions to putting up fliers that simply say "It's OK to be white," the reaction has been general alarm and outrage.

"It's OK to be white" should not be a controversial thing to say.

Unless, of course, it's NOT OK to be white.

Which, according to intersectional feminists, it very well may not be.

I'm a white heterosexual male and not trans . Nobody has ever mistreated me for being these things , and I'm certainly not being mistreated for this at the moment.
Cops have never mistreated me , stopped and questioned me for being white . I've never been turned down for a job or anything for being white . I'm not at risk for being shot by the police on the street despite not being armed . I've been turned down for a lot of things over the years , but not because I was white .
No perfect stranger has ever come up to me and said "You ******** white heterosexual male , get out of America and go back to Europe.

Several points:

1. Watch the below video by Sargon of Akkad. It details various instances of clear anti-white racism/discrimination.

2. In point of fact, white people are discriminated against in terms of employment because they are white. In the name of "diversity," of course!

3. You are simply in error about the police. The problem of police brutality is not a racial problem. It is, by and large, a class problem.

When I was in college and graduate school, no professor every condemned me for being a white heterosexual male . Of course, that was long ago, before some universities went insane and faculty, administration and students became paranoid about offending people

Times have changed.

WARNING: VULGAR LANGUAGE IN VIDEO

MrDante

It's OK to be black.

It's OK to be brown.

It's OK to be a Muslim.

It's OK to be gay.

But go on.

It's not OK to be white.

No one objected to the fliers what they objected to was the motivation and the overt racism behind them.

Journalist abd bloger Angels Helm sumed it up nicely:

"All around the country, in a coordinated effort by emboldened white supremacists without a shred of creativity or decency, there have been “It’s Okay to Be White” flyers plastered all over college campuses and on city streets over the last few days.

The impetus of this profoundly stupid idea is apparently a 4chan chat room comment suggesting that the posters (and reactions to the posters) would bring the average white American over to the darkest side of overt white supremacy.

Honestly, one thing that white nationalists have gotten right or tapped into is the growing feeling of many white Americans (from millennials on up) that they are increasingly facing discrimination and that they are consistently “victimized” (by whom, only they know).... has anyone ever said it’s NOT OK to be white? It’s not OK to be racist, sure. It’s not OK to be a white supremacist snowflake who can’t see past your own made-up oppression to the real suffering of others." http://www.theroot.com/it-s-okay-to-be-white-signs-papered-all-over-the-coun-1820156469

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
No one objected to the fliers what they objected to was the motivation and the overt racism behind them.

Even if there were overt racist motivations behind the fliers, that's not a reason to take them down or otherwise react with outrage and alarm. In and of itself, "It's OK to be white" is perfectly benign.

And frankly, the reaction to the fliers just shows how stupid the left wing is.

Those fliers only shift people to the alt-right if the public and institutional reaction to those fliers is negative.

Taking down the fliers and reacting with shock, outrage and alarm against the fliers PROVES THE POINT of the alt right: It's NOT OK to be white.

You know how to combat the "racism" behind those fliers?

Ignore them completely. Allow them to stay up.

Prove the alt-right wrong by publicly showing that it IS OK to be white.

ClimateSanity

More right-wing straw men . I'm a white heterosexual male and not trans . Nobody has ever mistreated me for being these things , and I'm certainly not being mistreated for this at the moment.
No perfect stranger has ever come up to me and said "You ******** white heterosexual male , get out of America and go back to Europe ! When I was in college and graduate school, no professor every condemned me for being a white heterosexual male . Of course, that was long ago, before some universities went insane and faculty, administration and students became paranoid about offending people .
Have you ever told anyone that white privilege doesn't exist or that you are proud to be white? No? You won't get the same treatment then I guarantee.
No one will bother you as long as you keep your mouth shut and say what you are allowed to say by our culture but the crap will hit the fan the moment you cross that line.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
It should be OK to be whatever you are ; white, black, Asian, native American, Hispanic, straight, gay, bisexual etc, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist , Zoroastrian, atheist, agnostic , male, female , trans- anything as long as you don't interfere with the private lives and violate the rights of others or harm them .

Arthur Brain

It should be OK to be whatever you are ; white, black, Asian, native American, Hispanic, straight, gay, bisexual etc, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist , Zoroastrian, atheist, agnostic , male, female , trans- anything as long as you don't interfere with the private lives and violate the rights of others or harm them .

Yep, pretty much. It's only the cranks and zealots who have such hangups over race, orientation, religion etc...

kmoney

Hall of Fame

It's not OK to be white.

Washington Post Article

Where is the alarm and outrage in that article? :idunno:

They only give an explanation for one college and the reason is that it didn't meet display policies.