It's "Catholic Church" not "RCC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruciform

Constantine was the Roman Emperor and oversaw the creation of the Roman State Religion in 325 A.D.
There was no "Roman State Religion." Rather, the Edict of Milan made it legal to practice the Christian religion along with other religious traditions in the Roman Empire. Christianity (Catholicism) was legalized, not made an official Roman religion.

Cruciform

It is an abomination in the sight of God for the true Church to accept another Head other tham Jesus Christ. However as the RCC is not a true Church then that is the only reason that wrath has not come upon you.
Yes, this is what you have been fed by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nothing in the Bible about a Catholic church in Rome.

The churches that John wrote to were all in Asia, Revelation 1:4.

There was another church spoken of in Revelation called "The great whore church" Revelation 17:1-18. Maybe that is your church.

popsthebuilder

There was no "Roman State Religion." Rather, the Edict of Milan made it legal to practice the Christian religion along with other religious traditions in the Roman Empire. Christianity (Catholicism) was legalized, not made an official Roman religion.
Was it made the official Nazi religion?

Just curious, I had heard such at one point.

Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

beameup

That's interesting, because the Emperor Constantine presided over the Nicean Council. I think you would save yourself some embarrassment by checking more reliable sources (rather than biased RCC sources).
There WAS a Roman State Religion from 325 AD onward.

Perhaps you could look into the murder of Christians by the Roman Catholic Jesuits because they owned or read a Bible in their own "common language".

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I guess all those churches which have 'Roman Catholic Church' printed dead on their signs have it wrong then :rolleyes:

Suppose ol' Catholic Crusader didn't think that far.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I guess all those churches which have 'Roman Catholic Church' printed dead on their signs have it wrong then :rolleyes:

Suppose ol' Catholic Crusader didn't think that far.

That's because the ARE Roman Catholic! Good grief!

Go to a Chaldean Rite parish and the sign will say "Chaldean Catholic Church."
Go to a Byzantine Rite parish and the sign will say "Byzantine Catholic Church."
Go to a Latin Rite parish and the sign will say "Roman Catholic Church."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That's because the ARE Roman Catholic! Good grief!

Go to a Chaldean Rite parish and the sign will say "Chaldean Catholic Church."
Go to a Byzantine Rite parish and the sign will say "Byzantine Catholic Church."
Go to a Latin Rite parish and the sign will say "Roman Catholic Church."

Reformed Christians do not protest those churches, but the Roman magisterium.

So we are correct when we say 'RCC' :wave:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Was it made the official Nazi religion?.....
WHAT???!!

....Just curious, I had heard such at one point.....
You heard wrong. Besides, Nazism created its own religion, complete with marriage ceremonies and everything.

......So we are correct when we say 'RCC' :wave:
Seriously? No, you're not, not if you are referring to the entire Catholic Church. Are you being dense on purpose? That's like saying you can call the United States of America "California" because California is part of the United States.

"Hey there Mr. Obama, you're president of California, right?"

"No, I'm president of the United States."

"Well it's the same thing, right?"

"Uh, no, its not, you imbecile."

Cruciform

That's interesting, because the Emperor Constantine presided over the Nicean Council.
You're simply wrong. Constantine attended the council, but had no voting rights, no doctrinal influence, and no ecclesiastical authority whatsoever.

I think you would save yourself some embarrassment by checking more reliable sources (rather than biased RCC sources).
Three points in reply:
  • Truth is truth, whatever the source.
  • There is no such thing as an "unbiased" source.
  • Given your glaring mistake above, perhaps it's your sources that should be seen as dubious.

There WAS a Roman State Religion from 325 AD onward.
Already answered---and corrected---in previous posts.

Perhaps you could look into the murder of Christians by the Roman Catholic Jesuits because they owned or read a Bible in their own "common language".
Source, please.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
That's interesting, because the Emperor Constantine presided over the Nicean Council.........
Wrong again Mr. Peabody. It was a council of bishops with the bishop of Rome, Pope St. Sylvester I, in attendance. It was held in order to bring out the true teaching of the Christian Church as opposed by the heresy of Arius. It clarified the divinity of God the Son to be one substance and one nature with that of God the Father. There were twenty canons drawn up, in which the time of celebrating Easter was clarified (a time you still observe I might add) and a denunciation of the Meletian heresy made, also various matters of discipline or law were dealt with and several decisions advanced. From this Council we have the Nicene Creed.

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit
was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
WHAT???!!

You heard wrong. Besides, Nazism created its own religion, complete with marriage ceremonies and everything.

Seriously? No, you're not, not if you are referring to the entire Catholic Church. Are you being dense on purpose? That's like saying you can call the United States of America "California" because California is part of the United States.

The Reformation was a protest against the ROMAN MAGISTERIUM.

Sorry to have broken the aim of your observations, which is insinuating that Protestants don't know what they're talking about.

popsthebuilder

WHAT???!!

Oh... Perhaps it was a simple mistake.

But what do you make of this?

Two weeks after that, the Vatican and the Nazi government signed their Concordat, putting the official Vatican stamp on the alliance of the German church and the Nazi state. Article 16, reproduced below,*required that Catholic bishops swear to honor the Nazi government, to make their subordinates honor it, and to hunt for and prevent action that might endanger it.
The following translation of the very important Article 16 of the Reichskonkordat was authorized by the Vatican:

Article 16

“Before bishops take possession of their dioceses they are to take an oath of fealty either to the Reich Representative of the State concerned, or to the President of the Reich, according to the following formula:

“‘Before God and on the Holy Gospels I swear and promise as becomes a bishop, loyalty to the German Reich and to the [regional - EC] State of . . . I swear and promise to honor the legally constituted Government and to cause the clergy of my diocese to honor it. In the performance of my spiritual office and in my solicitude for the welfare and the interests of the German Reich, I will endeavor to avoid all detrimental acts which might endanger it.’”

[My emphasis - Jared Israel]
http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_ss33co.htm

Read thoughtfully, the Vatican-authorized translation of Article 16 (above) is damning. Even so, it is a false translation, with the falsifications lessening the horror of what the Vatican was ordering German bishops to do.*

Below is Samantha Criscione’s accurate translation, with the relevant differences highlighted.* So that you may make your own comparison, we have posted the original German text in footnote [1].

Article 16

Article 16 Reichskonkordat (“Concordat between the Holy See and the German Reich”), July 20, 1933

Samantha Criscione, translator

Copyright 2008.* This translation may not be reposted or otherwise published in any form without the permission of Samantha Criscione. To inquire, write emperors-europe@tenc.net

“Before bishops take possession of their dioceses, they perform an oath of allegiance in the hand of the Reichsstatthalter [Governor of the Reich, the representative of Hitler in the Reich provinces, whose task was to guarantee the implementation of Hitler’s political directives - SC] in the regional State concerned, or of the President of the Reich, according to the following formula:

”‘Before God and on the Holy Gospels I swear and promise, as becomes a bishop, loyalty to the German Reich and to the [regional] State of . . . . I swear and promise to honour the Government formed in accord with the Constitution and to cause my clergy to honour it.

“‘In dutiful solicitude for the welfare and the interest of the German State, I will, while exercising the religious post that has been assigned to me, strive to prevent any harm that could threaten it.’” [2]

As Samantha Criscione explains in a work in progress, (see footnote 2), here are the differences:

First, the Vatican translation omits the crucial statement that the bishop’s post has been assigned to him.

Second, the Vatican takes the statement, of which the accurate translation is, “I will...strive to prevent any harm that could threaten it,” meaning that the Vatican is ordering bishops to seek out (“strive”) and repress (“prevent”) action that could harm the Nazis, and translates it “I will endeavor to avoid all detrimental acts which might endanger it,” which would mean the Vatican was only ordering bishops to avoid engaging in anti-Nazi acts, themselves.*A demand for pro-actively defending Nazism is softened, in the Vatican translation, to a demand for passively avoiding doing the Nazis harm. A world of difference.

Source:
http://tenc.net/vatican/cpix.htm

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

beameup

Source, please.

It's common knowledge except to those who have been brainwashed and denied finding the truth, in which case you fall into the same category as unbelieving Jews of today.

The Truth is only a few keystrokes away.

Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: - Jeremiah 5:21

Cruciform

It's common knowledge...
You mean like your "common knowledge" assumption that Constantine "presided over" the Council of Nicaea, which is pure ahistorical nonsense? In any case, if your claim is such "common knowledge," you should have no trouble citing your source. Post your proof, then.

...except to those who have been brainwashed and denied finding the truth...
Accurately describes those myriad Protestants who have bought into the anti-Catholic propaganda fed to them by their preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects.

...in which case you fall into the same category as unbelieving Jews of today.
Or you do.

beameup

You mean like your "common knowledge" assumption that Constantine "presided over" the Council of Nicaea

Others here can clearly see you are in denial.
FACT: The Roman church committed many atrocities, including the torture and murders of the Inquisition.
FACT: The Roman Emperor attended and was seated on his throne at the creation of the Roman State Church (RCC).
FACT: The Roman Catholic Church was selling the freedom to commit sin with their "indulgences" (still is where I reside).
FACT: Until recent times, RCC members were declared "heretics" for reading the Bible in a "common tongue".
(for example: Tyndale was hunted down by the Jesuits and eventually burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English). The Jesuits were nothing more than assassins for the Pope.

Status
Not open for further replies.