Israel bans novel on Arab-Jewish romance from schools for ‘threatening Jewish identi

RCLady

Israel bans novel on Arab-Jewish romance from schools for ‘threatening Jewish identity’

dailymail.co.uk

The Israeli government has banned schools from teaching children about a book about a love affair between a Jewish woman and a Palestinian man.

‘Borderlife’ will not be allowed in the Israeli curriculum because of apparent fears it could encourage Jews to marry people who are not Jewish.

A letter from an education ministry official said the book was deemed inappropriate for high school students because young people do not understand the importance of ‘preserving the identity of the nation and the significance of assimilation’.

Daniel1769

The Israeli government enforces racist, ethnocentric policies. This isn't surprising to me. They don't let non-Jews immigrate. They discriminate against Christians. They kill Arab women and children. Just one more racist, ethnocentric thing Israhell is doing.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Israeli government enforces racist, ethnocentric policies. This isn't surprising to me. They don't let non-Jews immigrate. They discriminate against Christians. They kill Arab women and children. Just one more racist, ethnocentric thing Israhell is doing.

If you can't back this up with evidence then remove it and take your hatred for Jews and for Israel elsewhere.

musterion

D1769 posts just like Daniel1611 used to. The moderators may want to look into that because I can't recall of 1611 was banned.

Daniel1769

D1769 posts just like Daniel1611 used to. The moderators may want to look into that because I can't recall of 1611 was banned.

My name was Daniel1611, but it didn't get banned. I forgot the password and it refused to reset so I just created a new account. I made the name as similar as I could, hoping people would get that it was the same one. Daniel again, and the 1769 year of the spelling revision of the KJV, like the 1611 KJV date in the old name. I wasn't trying to hide my identity.

Further, I think it's sort of odd that I made a thread stating the facts that America is overrun with sin, and it was a discussion. I said Israel was overrun with sin, and every got their feathers all ruffled.

Daniel1769

If you can't back this up with evidence then remove it and take your hatred for Jews and for Israel elsewhere.

Ok. I'm always pleased to back up my claims with evidence, regardless of how easy they are to verify with a simple google search.

1. I said Israel doesn't allow non-jews to immigrate. This is true for the most part. There are special circumstances where non-jews can get special permission to immigrate for business purposes. Any other instance is rare. Their laws aren't like other nations where you just apply for some sort of immigrant status. The people Israel deems "Jews" can immigrate, but not non-jews except in very few instances.

Movingtoisrael.org offers information on how non-jews can immigrate to Israel. They not that: movingtoisrael.org has information for non-jews who want to move to Israel. Check that. It tells you non-jews can basically only immigrate to Israel if they get special permission for business. The paragraph ends by saying:

"Therefore, if you do not have a Jewish ancestry and are firm on your decision of settling here, you should know that there are not many answers available to you for your question of how to move to Israel. Though there can be possibilities in form of job or business stay but these are tough and limited." https://movingtoisrael.org/how-move-israel-if-you-are-not-jew

This seems pretty restrictive and ethnocentrst to me. Can you imagine if the West said only non-jews could immigrate except in rare circumstances?

2. I said Israel discriminates against Christians. Stories about Israeli discrimination can be difficult to find in the mainstream media. They just typically don't report on it. But since you will probably attack any non-mainstream source I post, I'll link you to some mainstream news stories. If you don't trust the mainstream, I can link you to some alternative media too.

Here's one from Time.com It says the Israeli government is discriminating against Christian schools by threatening to pull their funding if they aren't willing to be controlled by the state. It also says that "ultra-orthodox Jewish" schools are fine by the government, but that Christian schools are "recognized, but unofficial."
http://time.com/4036257/christian-schools-israel-discrimination/

Fox News also reports on discrimination against Christian schools in Israel here http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/0...israel-strike-amid-claims-discrimination.html

The Wallstreet Journal reports on Christians being forcibly removed from their homes and other discriminatory practices against them here http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203960804577239923033348982

The Huffington Post, a source that is definitely not biased towards Christians, reports on the discrimination against Christians in Israel here. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nadim-nashif/how-israel-targets-its-pa_b_5396594.html

Ifamericansknew.org is an alternative media site that claims to report stories the mainstream misses. Here is a link to an article where they report on Israeli discrimination against Christians and the illegality of Christians evangelizing Jews. http://www.ifamericansknew.org/history/rel-christians.html

Wikipedia
also has an article about anti-Christian sentiment in Israel with sources cited. It can be found here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Christian_sentiment

3. I also said Israeli's kill Arab women and children.
These stories are the easiest to find, as even proponents of Israeli policy will admit that many women and children are killed as they attempt to rationalize and justify it.

Here's an NBC News story from October 2015 http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...tinian-woman-child-violence-continues-n442356

Shall I continue to spoon feed information to you? Do a google search if you find a statement so outrageous. So there are your sources. Not that I expect you to accept or even read any of it.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok. I'm always pleased to back up my claims with evidence, regardless of how easy they are to verify with a simple google search.

...http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...tinian-woman-child-violence-continues-n442356

Shall I continue to spoon feed information to you? Do a google search if you find a statement so outrageous. So there are your sources. Not that I expect you to accept or even read any of it.

No don't bother to spoon feed me. I don't need it.

Israel exists to provide a safe haven for Jews all over the world who get persecuted and discriminated against, who get mocked and hated (by people like you) for no other reason than that they are Jewish. In order to do that, they have a national interest in preserving the state of Israel as a Jewish state. I see nothing wrong with that. Indeed it is very laudable in political terms: Israel is the only realistic democracy in the middle east.
I don't care too much for news stories about how bad Israel is. News casters are notorious for telling lies about Israel, for exaggerating, understating, reporting selectively, and so on.
I have lived in Israel and although it is obviously not a Christian country, I saw no evidence of hatred or loathing for Christians. When I was there, there was in fact a strong evangelising community which was nothing to do with any institutionalised Christianity. And today, in part due to the efforts of some of those evangelising Christians, Christians are held in generally high esteem and are seen as supporters of Israel and of Jews instead of haters of Jews as they have been in the past. You can cling to the past if you wish. Perhaps 1769 is about right for you.

Daniel1769

No don't bother to spoon feed me. I don't need it.

Israel exists to provide a safe haven for Jews all over the world who get persecuted and discriminated against, who get mocked and hated (by people like you) for no other reason than that they are Jewish. In order to do that, they have a national interest in preserving the state of Israel as a Jewish state. I see nothing wrong with that. Indeed it is very laudable in political terms: Israel is the only realistic democracy in the middle east.
I don't care too much for news stories about how bad Israel is. News casters are notorious for telling lies about Israel, for exaggerating, understating, reporting selectively, and so on.
I have lived in Israel and although it is obviously not a Christian country, I saw no evidence of hatred or loathing for Christians. When I was there, there was in fact a strong evangelising community which was nothing to do with any institutionalised Christianity. And today, in part due to the efforts of some of those evangelising Christians, Christians are held in generally high esteem and are seen as supporters of Israel and of Jews instead of haters of Jews as they have been in the past. You can cling to the past if you wish. Perhaps 1769 is about right for you.

So why did you ask for evidence if you don't care about evidence? I listed numerous sources, and could list more. You asked for them. I provided them, but as I suspected, you don't care about evidence. No amount of evidence I provide will be acknowledged by you. So why ask for it?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So why did you ask for evidence if you don't care about evidence? I listed numerous sources, and could list more. You asked for them. I provided them, but as I suspected, you don't care about evidence. No amount of evidence I provide will be acknowledged by you. So why ask for it?

You listed second rate and frequently biased sources. I offered a link proving this. I can provide more links of biased press reporting if you wish. If you really think Israel is guilty of all the moral crimes you state and that Israel is not only guilty but in the habit of committing them, then you surely will have proper evidence such as statements and decrees by government ministers, actual laws and the like. So go away and come back with proper evidence and please don't come back until you have it.

Daniel1769

You listed second rate and frequently biased sources. I offered a link proving this. I can provide more links of biased press reporting if you wish. If you really think Israel is guilty of all the moral crimes you state and that Israel is not only guilty but in the habit of committing them, then you surely will have proper evidence such as statements and decrees by government ministers, actual laws and the like. So go away and come back with proper evidence and please don't come back until you have it.

I listed mainstream and alternative media sources. What more do you want? No, I probably can't find evidence in the Zionist Times or such publications. These are stories validated by mainstream and alternative sources. What source is good enough? The ones that only agree with you?

Like I said, why do you ask for evidence if you don't care about evidence? You have a belief that you will hold no matter what evidence to the contrary is presented. It's call "cognitive dissonance."

drbrumley

Mideast Christians Are Being Killed — as a Result of Republican Party Policies

By Doug Bandow
This article appeared on Forbes on December 26, 2015.

Israel welcomes Western Christians for their political support, not religious convictions. Arab Christians don’t even receive that benefit. Vandalism and harassment of Christian property and clergy, respectively, by ultra-Orthodox activists is common. Benzion Goptstein, head of the extremist group Lehava, recently called Christians “vampires and blood suckers” who should be expelled.
Christians in the West Bank, who live and worship openly, complain far more about the impact of the Israeli occupation than activities of the Palestinian Authority. On one trip to Israel I had dinner with several Arab Christians in Bethlehem—located in the occupied West Bank—and they talked of inconvenience, hardship, harassment, and discrimination. An American who left his job as a policeman in Minnesota to marry a Palestinian woman told how he came to fear the police, that is, the Israeli security forces. Melkite Catholic Archbishop Abuna Elias Chacour asked why, for U.S. Christians, “does friendship with Jews mean enmity with Palestinians?”
State acknowledged numerous problems. Jewish settlers made more “price tag” attacks on Palestinian Christian than Muslim sites in the West Bank. Arrests and prosecutions are rare. Lehava is one group perpetrating attacks on non-Jews. “Societal attitudes toward missionary activities and conversion to other religions were generally negative.” Israel’s visa issuance process “significantly impeded the work of Christian institutions.” Arab clergy “faced long delays in receiving visas, and sometimes authorities denied their visa applications.” Israeli security barriers, built on Palestinian, not Israeli, land, impeded activities by clergy and congregants. In contrast, “Relations between Palestinian Christians and Muslims were generally good, with both groups focusing more on ethnic and political similarities than religious differences.”
Overall, when it comes to religious liberty Israel is not as supportive as most American Christians probably imagine. The singular determination of Rubio and the other GOP candidates to win votes from Christian Zionists, irrespective of the basic rights and liberties of Palestinians, would preclude any Republican president from pushing to improve the status of Christians living in Israel or under Israeli occupation in the West Bank.

:think: That doesnt paint a great picture.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Israel bans novel on Arab-Jewish romance from schools for ‘threatening Jewish identity’

dailymail.co.uk

The Israeli government has banned schools from teaching children about a book about a love affair between a Jewish woman and a Palestinian man.

‘Borderlife’ will not be allowed in the Israeli curriculum because of apparent fears it could encourage Jews to marry people who are not Jewish.

A letter from an education ministry official said the book was deemed inappropriate for high school students because young people do not understand the importance of ‘preserving the identity of the nation and the significance of assimilation’.
Thank you Jesus

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mideast Christians Are Being Killed — as a Result of Republican Party Policies

By Doug Bandow
This article appeared on Forbes on December 26, 2015.

Overall, when it comes to religious liberty Israel is not as supportive as most American Christians probably imagine. The singular determination of Rubio and the other GOP candidates to win votes from Christian Zionists, irrespective of the basic rights and liberties of Palestinians, would preclude any Republican president from pushing to improve the status of Christians living in Israel or under Israeli occupation in the West Bank.

:think: That doesnt paint a great picture.
It doesn't. But The OP and D1769's post indicated that the problem lay with the Israeli government. Of course there are parts of Israeli society (especially the Haredim) who are anti-Christian. This is undeniable. But no proof has been offered that the government has pursued such policies. Also, as to the actual subject of the book ban in the OP, I really do think Israel is being singled out here. All it is doing is trying to preserve its own culture. Pretty much every country does the same thing from time to time. This singling out of Israel is commonplace and is sign of the anti-semitism rife still today.
It would be too easy to claim that America is racist against blacks and/or hispanics, judging from the actions of some Americans. And if you went abroad and got spat on by some random foreigner because you were one of those 'racist Americans', you wouldn't take too kindly to it.

Last edited:

chair

The Christian population in Israel has been growing. Probably the only place in the Middle East where that is true.

Christians have not done well in Palestinian controlled areas.
Over the last years, unlike the increase trend in the Christian population of Israel, the number of Christians in the Palestinian Authority has declined severely. The decline of Christianity in the Palestinian Authority is largely attributed to poor birth rates, compared with the dominant Muslim population; and anti-Christian attitudes by radical Muslim organizations and the general Muslim public. The updated number of Arab Christians in the Palestinian Authority is under 75,000​

Daniel1769

Doesn't bother me at all. It's HOW you said it, like some militant Jew-hating leftist. Seriously, that's how your reported post sounds.

How I said it was too harsh? I forgot to sugar coat the blasphemy of unbelieving Israelis. I'll check my Bible for instruction on how to focus on smooth things.

John 8:42-45

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How I said it was too harsh? I forgot to sugar coat the blasphemy of unbelieving Israelis. I'll check my Bible for instruction on how to focus on smooth things.

John 8:42-45

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Israel's right to exist as a nation has nothing to do with whether they believe in Jesus or not. You hate Jews, it is as simple as that. It is people like you who prevent Jews from receiving the Gospel.

Daniel1769

Israel's right to exist as a nation has nothing to do with whether they believe in Jesus or not. You hate Jews, it is as simple as that. It is people like you who prevent Jews from receiving the Gospel.

I love the Jews. I want them to go to heaven. I'll tell a Jew the Gospel any chance I get. You asked for sources. I gave you a mountain of sources. I dropped evidence on you. You have no credible retort so you start saying "anti-semite" because that is the last ditch effort of someone who has no real argument.