Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

iouae

Evolution is still real

Young-Earth creationism is still considered nonsense now, despite having been the original "theory" that geology and paleontology began with. Since then, it has been chipped away at while the theory of evolution has gotten more precise and refined via the scrutiny of scientists around the world. In the face of the same scrutiny, Young-Earth creationism has been left without any leg to stand on

Good talk

Thanks for not including us old-earth creationists as speaking nonsense Greg :)

iouae

Hi, Vowels.

Are you only here to mock as well?

How about discussing the evidence?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

What evidence would you like to discuss Stripe?

What I dislike discussing is striving over words like "theory" or "science" or "evolution is a change of genome over time". These are an utter waste of time discussing. Now hard facts like "light from distant galaxies seems to have travelled for longer than 6000 years to get here" that sort of thing I don't mind discussing the evidence for.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What evidence would you like to discuss Stripe?

What I dislike discussing is striving over words like "theory" or "science" or "evolution is a change of genome over time". These are an utter waste of time discussing. Now hard facts like "light from distant galaxies seems to have travelled for longer than 6000 years to get here" that sort of thing I don't mind discussing the evidence for.
Yep, Darwinists love it when there is an argument over semantics. They do everything they can to make that happen.

The starlight problem is probably the biggest issue YEC have to address.

I suspect a viable answer lies in the Bible's description of the heavens being "stretched out," and @BobB was the man to talk to about that. He knows for certain one way or the other now.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yep, Darwinists love it when there is an argument over semantics. They do everything they can to make that happen.

I suspect a viable answer lies in the Bible's description of the heavens being "stretched out," and @BobB was the man to talk to about that. He knows for certain one way or the other now.

http://kgov.com/creationist-answer-to-the-starlight-and-time-problem

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, those ideas might be helpful in some sense, but they're not very compelling from a physics standpoint.

Sure, because physics is science, not the cobbled together fire side stories of shepherds.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Darwinists are forever asserting that their ideas are reality and then whining when called on it.

And religionists are forever claiming their deity is reality. Then whining when someone asks why doesn't the real deity settle the matter. Should be simple for an all powerful god.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And religionists are forever claiming their deity is reality. Then whining when someone asks why doesn't the real deity settle the matter. Should be simple for an all powerful god.
Jonah, you dare mock God?

If God came down right now and did something miraculous to prove He exists, you would harden your heart and reject Him all the more. Why would God do that, when He wants you to love Him?

Doing miracles only produces unbelief. God wants belief in Him. Therefore, doing miracles would be counterproductive to bringing people to Him.

iouae

I suspect there are many FACTS which YEC's OEC's and evolutionists all agree with and have in common.

For instance, we all agree that the genome, or gene pool changes over time, hence the great diversity, say, of dogs or finches. Creationists need this change to account for the great variety of closely related animal species, because we know that the ark had limited capacity, and so most dog varieties must have "evolved" since Noah.

We all agree too that all organisms have much DNA in common, and the new science of genome mapping, is helping us to see how much humans and animals, especially primates have in common. But even animals and plants have much in common such as huge percentages of DNA, cells, cell organelles like mitochondria etc.

Thus we all believe that everything came from one common ancestry. We Christians believe the common ancestry is due to one Creator. Evolutionists say we have much in common because everything originated from one organism which "accidentally" popped into being.

We are all people of faith, because evolutionists believe their book (On the Origin of species), as much as we believe our Book.

Evolutionists are sincere in their beliefs, as we are sincere in our faith in the word.

There are many things I cannot explain, such as the apparent age of early hominid fossils, and how this fits in with the Eden story. But I too have my theories, and I defend these vigorously till a better one comes along. Likewise we should not disrespect the respect which scientists have in science. Science IS a powerful tool, a two-edged sword able to divide between truth and falsehood. And scientists admit there are gaps in their knowledge, such as where the laws of science originated. Since no scientist knows where gravity or the 4 fundamental forces originated, scientists have to be men of faith, hoping that one day they may attain a theory of everything. Until then, we are united in a voyage of discovery.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've read it previously.

The Day 4 stuff is problematic, because expansion was most likely completed on Day 1, which would do nothing for starlight if stars were made on Day 4.

The best solution I have seen is that stars, other than the sun, were made on Day 1 and the description of stars on Day 4 is mistreated by English translations.

However, I have not read a lot about this and it's difficult to marry the ideas to descriptions in Genesis.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I suspect there are many FACTS which YEC's OEC's and evolutionists all agree with and have in common.
Sure. It's just nigh on impossible to get a Darwinist to concede that they agree with a YEC on anything.

We all agree that the genome changes, however we say that dog varieties have "adapted" since Noah. We reject evolution, so would not say they evolved.

We all believe that everything came from one common ancestry. We Christians believe the common ancestry is due to one Creator.
:AMR:

Believing that God created all life does not put a YEC on the same page as an evolutionist when it comes to genetics.

We are all people of faith, because evolutionists believe their book (On the Origin of species), as much as we believe our Book. Evolutionists are sincere in their beliefs, as we are sincere in our faith in the word.
As much as disagree with this philosophical analysis, it is enough to say that sticking to the scientific approach makes beliefs irrelevant.

There are many things I cannot explain, such as the apparent age of early hominid fossils, and how this fits in with the Eden story. But I too have my theories, and I defend these vigorously till a better one comes along. Likewise we should not disrespect the respect which scientists have in science. Science IS a powerful tool, a two-edged sword able to divide between truth and falsehood. And scientists admit there are gaps in their knowledge, such as where the laws of science originated. Since no scientist knows where gravity or the 4 fundamental forces originated, scientists have to be men of faith, hoping that one day they may attain a theory of everything. Until then, we are united in a voyage of discovery.
This is all philosophy.

The evidence makes evolution impossible.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Jonah, you dare mock God?

If God came down right now and did something miraculous to prove He exists, you would harden your heart and reject Him all the more. Why would God do that, when He wants you to love Him?

Doing miracles only produces unbelief. God wants belief in Him. Therefore, doing miracles would be counterproductive to bringing people to Him.

Way to rationalize.
But I was mocking Stripey more than any thing else.

But the suggestion that every deity is missing the boat by not being clear remains.

iouae

Sure. It's just nigh on impossible to get a Darwinist to concede that they agree with a YEC on anything.

We all agree that the genome changes, however we say that dog varieties have "adapted" since Noah. We reject evolution, so would not say they evolved.

:AMR:

Believing that God created all life does not put a YEC on the same page as an evolutionist when it comes to genetics.

As much as disagree with this philosophical analysis, it is enough to say that sticking to the scientific approach makes beliefs irrelevant.

This is all philosophy.

The evidence makes evolution impossible.

Many democracies/parliaments have the main/ruling party and the opposition.
The opposition considers its job to oppose. And they get into the habit of opposing everything the other side says.

The alternative is to build consensus. It might be an interesting exercise to see how many FACTS all sides have in common, without worrying about their beliefs and theories for a while.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Way to rationalize.
But I was mocking Stripey more than any thing else.

But the suggestion that every deity is missing the boat by not being clear remains.
How much clearer do you want? He gave us His Word, He sent His Son to die for us, He gave us an entire universe to explore. He's right in front of you, and you cover your eyes and insist He's not there.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wrong thread?
The opposition considers its job to oppose. And they get into the habit of opposing everything the other side says.

The alternative is to build consensus. It might be an interesting exercise to see how many FACTS all sides have in common, without worrying about their beliefs and theories for a while.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
How much clearer do you want? He gave us His Word, He sent His Son to die for us, He gave us an entire universe to explore. He's right in front of you, and you cover your eyes and insist He's not there.

Well he should have made his word clearer. Oh, and he is not there.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Sounds boring. How about we just have the conversation?