Is White Privilege Real?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Yeah, I'm having a hissy fit of immense proportions right now, I'm absolutely livid and no mistake.

Yeah, you've already been demonstrating what you're, here, admitting.

Still, kind regards and everything.

:cheers:

What, if not your anger, motivates you to say to me things of this sort, whenever I've facilitated your self-embarrassment simply by pitting your own stupidity against itself?

Arthur Brain

Yeah, you've already been demonstrating what you're, here, admitting.

What, if not your anger, motivates you to say to me things of this sort, whenever I've facilitated your self-embarrassment simply by pitting your own stupidity against itself?

Yeah, absolutely. There's just no defence against an argument of this finesse.

Well done sir.

7djengo7

Yeah, absolutely. There's just no defence against an argument of this finesse.

Well done sir.

I agree. You're right to say that you have not defended, and cannot defend, the self-defeating stupidities you've handed out on TOL! :)

7djengo7

Well, the first two apply to you in the main but there's still room for manoeuvre...

LOL

The Barbarian, among other ways, enjoys making a clown of himself in conversation with others by usually referring to himself in the third person, by the phrase, "The Barbarian". Here, Arthur Brain, in his drunken stupor, refers to himself, in conversation with others, in the second person, by the pronoun, "you".

Arthur Brain

LOL

The Barbarian, among other ways, enjoys making a clown of himself in conversation with others by usually referring to himself in the third person, by the phrase, "The Barbarian". Here, Arthur Brain, in his drunken stupor, refers to himself, in conversation with others, in the second person, by the pronoun, "you".

Sure thing. Right on!

:thumb:

Lon

May this be the source of your animosity?
Projecting again, Quip. You are guessing at things incorrectly.

How can love and empathy - alone - awaken the condition of contented indifference and ignorance. Sometimes...with a goal to produce fruit, a tree must be shaken.
I'm not sure that's correct. Patience affords an effect, it just takes longer than violence and flamboyant demonstration. I empathize with the idea of a 'hammer for a hard-head' but as an educator, patience 'can' win the day. Often I've lost students (gang-bang-wanna-bes etc.). There were teachers that met them head to head, but that kid needs a LOT of work and effort. I've seen too many of them lost and while I've only had them a year, the hope is that a bit of patience, care, and concern may have captured a few of them. I just don't see much headway in violence accomplishing anything. It may 'win' in some sense. Nazi's surely 'won' for a few years, but 'what it won, what it cost,' and 'who was left out' are important concerns too.

7djengo7

Did you know if you rearrange "dogged beggar for attention" you get Goat Forgoing Bad Detergent?

From old cartoons and The Andy Griffith Show, I had been under the impression that goats would eat just about anything, from tin cans and car parts to sticks of dynamite. And some kids, I've heard, eat Tide Pods.