Theology Club: Is this forum different?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Hi, i go by Faither. I've just recently come back to TOL a few weeks ago. Since then, ive been posting in the Ect forum. I started posting about a word that i understand has lost its meaning over the decades. I posted the Greek definitions out of the Strongs and Vines, and then put those definitions in their perspective Scriptures.

This is the response i received, the majority by one person, but at least 10 different members make up this list. So what i'm asking , is this forum theology club any different or will i just be adding to this list? Thanks.

Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind
don't know what i'm talking about
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
have cart before the horse
third grader
fools view
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic
Prideful

Last edited:

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You need to form your own opinion. But I would say this is not a relevant subject for this board. This board is for debating open theology.
Your views on faith were already previously discussed by me in post 65 of my Big Picture thread. You are welcome to discuss it further there if you wish to.
As this thread shouldn't be in this forum, I will say no more on it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You need to form your own opinion. But I would say this is not a relevant subject for this board. This board is for debating open theology.
Your views on faith were already previously discussed by me in post 65 of my Big Picture thread. You are welcome to discuss it further there if you wish to.
As this thread shouldn't be in this forum, I will say no more on it.

I read the intro, i'm still not sure what open view theology means exactly. Could you define that more clearly?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Hi, i go by Faither. I've just recently come back to TOL a few weeks ago. Since then, ive been posting in the Ect forum. I started posting about a word that i understand has lost its meaning over the decades. I posted the Greek definitions out of the Strongs and Vines, and then put those definitions in their perspective Scriptures.

This is the response i received, the majority by one person, but at least 10 different members make up this list. So what i'm asking , is this forum theology club any different or will i just be adding to this list? Thanks.

Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind
don't know what i'm talking about
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
have cart before the horse
third grader
fools view
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic
Prideful

Over 60 views and nobody will stand up for this forum?

glorydaz

Over 60 views and nobody will stand up for this forum?

People have tried to... in your other threads, but clearly you won't be satisfied until someone agrees with you. Now, you've been told in every possible way imaginable, but you're looking for a holy grail that doesn't exist. You have no one to blame but yourself if you've failed to clearly present your case for this long lost meaning of faith.

Did anyone call you prideful? If not, you can add that to your list.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Way 2 go said.
Open Theism claims that the future is open (and not settled) because God is free and eternally creative and will always have new thoughts. The Settled View claims that the future is utterly and exhaustively settled

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Without providing the Scripture. Gods says in His Word we exist for His pleasure. His pleasure is playing "us" to the eons of time. In a sense He's showing us off to other universes. I can't imagine "us" being show quality if everyone already knows the ending.

This has already been discussed many times probably.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Quote by way 2 go,
Open Theism claims that the future is open (and not settled) because God is free and eternally creative and will always have new thoughts. The Settled View claims that the future is utterly and exhaustively settled

Does open theism only pertain to the future, and how God relates to that future? Or does open theism apply to all facets of the God man relationship?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
People have tried to... in your other threads, but clearly you won't be satisfied until someone agrees with you. Now, you've been told in every possible way imaginable, but you're looking for a holy grail that doesn't exist. You have no one to blame but yourself if you've failed to clearly present your case for this long lost meaning of faith.

Did anyone call you prideful? If not, you can add that to your list.

If i were to swim out and save you from drowning, pull you onto shore, i wouldn't have to talk you into automatically liking me. Why is it so different here? Your replies are as if i swim out, pull you onto shore, and you automatically don't like me because you don't like the kind of shoes i'm wearing when i saved you from drowning.

Is it really my shoes? Or are you just more comfortable drowning?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This thread needs to stick to the theology OV topic. It has a poor title and seems to be more a personal argument than a theological debate.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
This thread needs to stick to the theology OV topic. It has a poor title and seems to be more a personal argument than a theological debate.

I don't mind if you want to delete this thread, not at all. But can i at least get an answer to my question? Is this forum different? Or are the same personal attacks allowed here?

Faither

BANNED
Banned

You've seen the list of names i've been called. How would you feel if you were on the receiving end of that for simply copying a definition out of the strongs and vines? And then be misrepresented as someone who is argumentative? I don't want to waste my time if this forum is run the same way.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You probably know how i was treated in ECT. I was only trying to find out if this forum was different. So far your the first one to acknowledge my question.
TOL can be a pretty rough place. It isn't policed quite as rigidly as some forums. But in the theology club the rules are different. Folks cannot attack the poster. They have to attack the post itself. Here are the rules to this section.

You must be a Theology Club member to post in the Open View Theology Forum. Becoming a member is easy and free. You can join the club here. For the most part anyone who applies will be accepted into the Theology Club.

However...

To remain in the theology Club you will need to be able to play well with others. The Theology Club is for folks who do not wish to bicker, fight, play games, obfuscate, or otherwise present themselves as a distraction to the discussion.

Thread derailment will NOT be tolerated. Stay on topic!!!

The Open View Theology Forum is a PRO-openness theology forum. In other words this forum is intended to primarily discuss Open View theology from the perspective that it is the correct biblical view. That does not mean that the view cannot be questioned or debated, instead it simply means this forum will not be a place for settled view proponents to grandstand or monopolize the forum or mock the position that this forum represents.

If a person is not following the above stated rules they will be removed from the Theology Club and will no longer be able to make posts in this forum.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. :up:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
TOL can be a pretty rough place. It isn't policed quite as rigidly as some forums. But in the theology club the rules are different. Folks cannot attack the poster. They have to attack the post itself. Here are the rules to this section.

Thank you Sherman for the clarification.

way 2 go

Quote by way 2 go,

Does open theism only pertain to the future, and how God relates to that future? Or does open theism apply to all facets of the God man relationship?

Open Theism is about whether or not you have free will or is
everything predestined with no choice.