Is this article racist?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I've mentioned 'racial paranoia' on here a few times, so I guess I'll go ahead and expound on it.

Racial paranoia is a phenomenon in which, where a person is not racist, they feel more comfortable with their own race. Their family is the same race, and their is a strong tendency for a person to both identify with and associate with other people of the same race. Because of this, other races and customs can make a person less comfortable or trusting.

This is a big part of the reason why 'gaps' still exist, especially in the media. Movies that cater to a black audience, or talk shows, etc.- even as far as living locations, there is a gap. Neighborhoods tend to not be an even mix, but rather a predominance of a certain race.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'd wager a guess that I'm more comfortable around black people than most of my o-fay, cracker-type brethren. That having been said; I would judge thusly:

Is this article racist?

Yes....It's also a really good expose on reality and excellent practical advice from beginning to end. :plain:

glorydaz

Racist or not, it's true.

Maybe reality is racist. :idunno:

In a way that's certainly true.

It's like the word "sexist". There are recognizable differences between the races just as there are between the sexes. If you're a guy, you don't have to enjoy sitting around chatting with the girls as much as you do hunting with the guys....but is there hatred and animosity the reason for it or not?

glorydaz

I've mentioned 'racial paranoia' on here a few times, so I guess I'll go ahead and expound on it.

Racial paranoia is a phenomenon in which, where a person is not racist, they feel more comfortable with their own race. Their family is the same race, and their is a strong tendency for a person to both identify with and associate with other people of the same race. Because of this, other races and customs can make a person less comfortable or trusting.

This is a big part of the reason why 'gaps' still exist, especially in the media. Movies that cater to a black audience, or talk shows, etc.- even as far as living locations, there is a gap. Neighborhoods tend to not be an even mix, but rather a predominance of a certain race.

I agree. But, it's something many want to be swept under the rug and pretend there is no natural gap at all.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Society has lost it's ability to differentiate what is 'racist' and what is 'reality'.

That's why everything is 'racist', because so many people are away from 'reality' :chuckle:

It sends a giant red flag to those people who see it- this is the beginning to the downfall of the Edomites. You think that's poetry or paranoia- it is not.

And
It's not a matter of 'when' either because the snake already has their leg whole like an eggroll. That is a big reason why political correctness is frustrating- I'm not a 'bigot', they are just the victims :rolleyes:

glorydaz

Society has lost it's ability to differentiate what is 'racist' and what is 'reality'.

That's why everything is 'racist', because so many people are away from 'reality' :chuckle:

It sends a giant red flag to those people who see it- this is the beginning to the downfall of the Edomites. You think that's poetry- it is not.

They live in that alter reality world I call La La Land.

musterion

I'd wager a guess that I'm more comfortable around black people than most of my o-fay, cracker-type brethren. That having been said; I would judge thusly:

Is this article racist?

Yes....It's also a really good expose on reality and excellent practical advice from beginning to end. :plain:

I've come to prefer the term culturist to racist. There's only one race (Acts 17:26) but there are many cultures, sub-cultures and sub-sub-cultures, many of which completely incompatible with or hostile to the others. So culturist is far more precise and meaningful. Thus, I am an unapologetic culturist.

Of course, the left's perpetual "race" grievance industry would collapse overnight if even half of their current victims adopted that outlook.

glorydaz

I've come to prefer the term culturist to racist. There's only one race (Acts 17:26) but there are many cultures, sub-cultures and sub-sub-cultures, many of which completely incompatible with or hostile to the others. So culturist is far more precise and meaningful. Thus, I am an unapologetic culturist.

Of course, the left's perpetual "race" grievance industry would collapse overnight if even half of their current victims adopted that outlook.

:thumb:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Many Asians, particularly the Chinese, do not like anyone who isn't their race. They are exceptionally 'culturist'.

I don't see the PC police going after them, and it's because that really has little to do with it. Others just hate white people specifically, or envious that Edomites flourished so well. It's an agenda that is plain as day, which nobody wants to acknowledge.

musterion

My dad is in his late 70s and still has a streak of old style racism in him a mile wide. I will say that if it's possible to have earned it, he's earned it...I guess. He and Mom lived in E. St. Louis until it became unlivable. He worked at U.S. Steel in Gary. They lived in areas where "the reverend" Jesse Jackson's "Block Busting" took root and in 30 years reduced very nice mixed (black and white) neighborhoods to deserted wastelands. He had a college professor tell him around 1960 that blacks are demonstrably less advanced than whites not because they are in any way biologically sub-human or unevolved, but simply because most of their tribal lines had been out of the jungle and largely uncivilized for only a few hundred years, and even that happened only because of the force of slavery. My mom worked with black women in a hospital and SWEARS TO THIS DAY that black people do have a natural odor about them that is distinctly different from the sweat of whites (my mother does not lie about such things so diet is my guess on what she detected).

Anyway, my dad once told me that it's not that white folks are naturally better; it's just that black folks are just not yet as socially advanced, or something like what that professor said. But what I came to see is, he (as with most people of his generation) is mistaking what even then were self-destructive aspects of black CULTURE for black people themselves.

He still doesn't want to listen to that point but whenever it comes up, I say just two words. "Thomas Sowell." If his thesis is true, people like Sowell should not even exist.

glorydaz

My dad is in his late 70s and still has a streak of old style racism in him a mile wide. I will say that if it's possible to have earned it, he's earned it...I guess. He and Mom lived in E. St. Louis until it became unlivable. He worked at U.S. Steel in Gary. They lived in areas where "the reverend" Jesse Jackson's "Block Busting" took root and in 30 years reduced very nice mixed (black and white) neighborhoods to deserted wastelands. He had a college professor tell him around 1960 that blacks are demonstrably less advanced than whites not because they are in any way biologically sub-human or unevolved, but simply because most of their tribal lines had been out of the jungle and largely uncivilized for only a few hundred years, and even that happened only because of the force of slavery. My mom worked with black women in a hospital and SWEARS TO THIS DAY that black people do have a natural odor about them that is distinctly different from the sweat of whites (my mother does not lie about such things so diet is my guess on what she detected).

Anyway, my dad once told me that it's not that white folks are naturally better; it's just that black folks are just not yet as socially advanced, or something like what that professor said. But what I came to see is, he (as with most people of his generation) is mistaking what even then were self-destructive aspects of black CULTURE for black people themselves.

He still doesn't want to listen to that point but whenever it comes up, I say just two words. "Thomas Sowell." If his thesis is true, people like Sowell should not even exist.

And I had a wonderful Uncle who sounded exactly like Trad. Yet he had a bigger heart than any one of these on this PC mob here on TOL. His eyes would twinkle whenever he got our goat with his colorful views. I'll tell you this, those who are making this issue thrive are those "holier than thou's" we see right here on this board. Blacks are allowed to be more honest about their personal likes and dislikes than the white folks are....thanks to people like Anna.

Beware, Musty.....one thread has been closed so they'll be converging on you over here. ;)

musterion

And I had a wonderful Uncle who sounded exactly like Trad. Yet he had a bigger heart than any one of these on this PC mob here on TOL. His eyes would twinkle whenever he got our goat with his colorful views. I'll tell you this, those who are making this issue thrive are those "holier than thou's" we see right here on this board. Blacks are allowed to be more honest about their personal likes and dislikes than the white folks are....thanks to people like Anna.

Beware, Musty.....one thread has been closed so they'll be converging on you over here. ;)

Maybe, but I don't see what I've said here that could possibly cause them to target me. Not on this one. :confused:

glorydaz

Maybe, but I don't see what I've said here that could possibly cause them to target me. Not on this one. :confused:

No, but they'll use it for their platform to continue to target Trad. They aren't any more done with this racist rant than they are with the rape rant. There is blood in the water, my friend. :)

musterion

No, but they'll use it for their platform to continue to target Trad. They aren't any more done with this racist rant than they are with the rape rant. There is blood in the water, my friend. :)

shark.gif