JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Amen.

Are unbelievers under law?
For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:12-16&version=NKJV

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:12-16&version=NKJV
Yes.

Do you present the Law to someone who doesn't know it or hasn't seen it?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
And the Law says:

But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life,eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. - Exodus 21:23-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:23-25&version=NKJV

" “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away."

Jesus. Matthew Chapter 5

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
No we are not under the Law but under grace

Good answer.

Yet.....I guess I'm the only one who notices the problem with this. In the OT "God" said kill the homosexuals. Now, we all understand that killing a person because of their sexual orientation or skin color would be an evil.

That's quite a turn around. It's the same thing with women. We now know that women are not inferior to men, nor should they be subservient. They shouldn't be property or considered less. They are equal to men, and they should be treated equally with respect.

This shows a change in morality over time.... another word for things changing over time is.... evolution.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
" “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away."

Jesus. Matthew Chapter 5

Way ahead of you.

And?

Not only did that NOT contradict nor repeal what the law said, He was also speaking of how to behave during the millennial kingdom, where He would rule with an iron rod, which, had things progressed as He had planned, would have began about 10 years from when He said that (He gave the sermon on the mount in the first year of His earthly ministry of three years, plus the seven year Time of Jacob's Trouble). He wasn't speaking of how one should live in day to day life, but rather life in the millennial kingdom, where justice would be almost immediate, because He would be watching.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Good answer.

Yet.....I guess I'm the only one who notices the problem with this. In the OT "God" said kill the homosexuals. Now, we all understand that killing a person because of their sexual orientation or skin color would be an evil.

That's quite a turn around. It's the same thing with women. We now know that women are not inferior to men, nor should they be subservient. They shouldn't be property or considered less. They are equal to men, and they should be treated equally with respect.

This shows a change in morality over time.... another word for things changing over time is.... evolution.
Pretty sure by "we" [MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] meant "Christians," not everyone.

He can correct me if I'm wrong...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Good answer.

It is not a sin to be a man or a woman. It is a sin to be a homosexual.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Pretty sure by "we" [MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] meant "Christians," not everyone.

He can correct me if I'm wrong...

And by "We" - I meant modern humans who appreciate the wisdom, knowledge, experience and understanding of the world as it pertains to respecting the planet and all within it. In other words, people who believe in real morals... the kind that last forever because they don't get out of date or need to be changed with the times.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
“I have lived in the pursuit of a vision, both personal and social. Personal: to care for what is noble, for what is beautiful, for what is gentle; to allow moments of insight to give wisdom at more mundane times. Social: to see in imagination the society that is to be created, where individuals grow freely, and where hate and greed and envy die because there is nothing to nourish them. These things I believe, and the world, for all its horrors, has left me unshaken.”

Bertrand Russell