Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

bybee

Seriously? He runs the place? He is an example of the worst kind of "Christian". He is giving all other Christians a bad image, especially those who are in the ECT camp. He has never once said WHY he disagrees with the Scriptures that state that those who do not receive eternal life will perish. He hasn't given a single scripture to support his own view. He merely rants and raves, and calls intelligent people "retards".

If I were in the ECT camp, I would be ashamed to have "resurrected" on my side.

He is a de facto runner of the place. He is allowed to indulge in behavior unbecoming even to a pagan and get away with it.

Ben Masada

Eternal hell can be a logical outcome.

That's why humans need a soul (immortality) which serves as the ID of an individual. Soul is thus capable of lasting forever, unlike the decayable body.

Sorry Hawkins, but... as much as I hate to rain on your parade, I think you are going to do without that wish thinking ID you claim we need as an individual.

Humans do not need a soul. They are souls. When the Lord formed man from the dust of the earth, He breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. To become is to be and not to have. Therefore, we are souls. (Gen. 2:7)

Soul = person. The soul is composed of body with the breath of life. At death, the body goes back to the dust and the breath of life which can be embellished with the word spirit goes back to God Who gave it. In other words, soul, being the name for that composition becomes non-existent with the death of the body.

There is absolutely nothing immortal about man but death. Once dead, one will never return. (Job 10:21; II Samuel 12:23) Besides, according to the Genesis allegory of Creation, the reason why man was banished from the Garden of Eden was to prevent him from eating of the tree of life and live forever. It means that immortality was denial man as an attribute as it belongs to God only. What had a beginning must have an end. Only God is without a beginning and an end.

Timotheos

timmy, i hate to break this to you, but you are not intelligent

Whether I am intelligent or not isn't on topic.
The question is:
"Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?"

Does my intelligence affect the answer to that question? You overestimate my importance.

By the way, I have prove that this:
you are not intelligent
is not true.

You are quite a little troll aren't you?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ECT itself is insanity......

ECT itself is insanity......

of course it is

Many disagree that such represents a 'God' who is infinite Love. ECT can be challenged on a variety of levels,...which also brings other elements and factors into the 'equation' of 'free will' and the potential destiny of souls.

ECT exposed here.

I have yet to see a reasonable, logical explanation and 'justification' for a 'God' detaining and imposing an eternal sentence of unending pain, suffering, torment (to no end whatsoever but perpetual punishment and agony). Such a proposition itself is insane.

pj

Timotheos

Sadistic Troll said:
that was determined in the first couple pages of this retarded monstrosity of a thread

you are just to retarded to have noticed

No, I noticed.

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God through Jesus Christ is eternal life.

The doctrine of ETC was found to be unBiblical in the 3rd post of this thread. The rest of the thread has been dedicated to people insulting me.

Timotheos

your purpose is to demonstrate that you're retarded?

:thumb:

My purpose is to expose the kind of person you are, keep it up! :thumb:

Resurrected Sadist's Sig Line said:
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you

Resurrected said:
I'll enjoy watching you burn Rusha

Timotheos

an identifier of retards :thumb:

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you
i·ro·ny
ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/
noun
noun: irony

1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.