Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

glorydaz

It doesn't.

But belief that saves isn't belief that Jesus the man was the literal utter fullness of GOD, as physical temporal man.

Or perhaps to you it is in which case you should be able to explain why GOD sent GOD to be a blood sacrifice to GOD ......

God is a plural Being. That's why Genesis 1 has God speaking to God and saying "Let US make man in OUR image." That's why the Word was with God and was God. That's why the Father, Son, and Spirit are each called God.

I guess that is beyond your grasp, but it isn't beyond the grasp to all who KNOW God. :AMR:

....for the sin that was placed in man as potential when they were given freedom.

Don't worry; I won't hold my breath.

I hope not, because there isn't a linguist around who could interpret that nonsensical statement.

popsthebuilder

Christian: professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ...

John 14:6 Acts 4:12 Ephesians 2:8,9
...if a person believes the teachings of Jesus Christ... :think:
You make little sense.

If one believes and follows the Christ then they will be saved.

If another text denies the Christ came/ comes in the flesh them obviously they don't believe Christ is the only way and is not profitable as scripture.

But if they mention the Christ or even a synonymous term referencing the Christ and the same way is shown and taught then they aren't denying the Christ, are they?

Wake up!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Interplanner

Don't confuse the book for the Word; make sure you see the Word in all its words.

However, Prager recently expressed a rarely-stated uniqueness of the Bible in the ancient world: it was the first place that homosexuality was prohibited; actually any sexuality except human heterosexuality. There are reasons that go back to the Deluge for this. But in the same Egyptian climate that Moses was raised in, there were depictions of male gods as homosexual partners , and their human partners, sometimes boys.

"The Bible is the first place where man-boy sex for pleasure is replaced with male-female pleasure. Outside of it, man-boy is for pleasure, while women were for producing children."

popsthebuilder

God is a plural Being. That's why Genesis 1 has God speaking to God and saying "Let US make man in OUR image." That's why the Word was with God and was God. That's why the Father, Son, and Spirit are each called God.

I guess that is beyond your grasp, but it isn't beyond the grasp to all who KNOW God. :AMR:

I hope not, because there isn't a linguist around who could interpret that nonsensical statement.
Fixed it thanks.

GOD can be in every single thing ever created at once.

Guess what though; there is still only One GOD and One Spirit.

popsthebuilder

Don't confuse the book for the Word; make sure you see the Word in all its words.

However, Prager recently expressed a rarely-stated uniqueness of the Bible in the ancient world: it was the first place that homosexuality was prohibited; actually any sexuality except human heterosexuality. There are reasons that go back to the Deluge for this. But in the same Egyptian climate that Moses was raised in, there were depictions of male gods as homosexual partners , and their human partners, sometimes boys.

"The Bible is the first place where man-boy sex for pleasure is replaced with male-female pleasure. Outside of it, man-boy is for pleasure, while women were for producing children."
Please stay on topic.

glorydaz

GOD can be in every single thing ever created at once.

Can be and is are two different things. If you have scripture put it up. :chew:

Guess what though; there is still only One GOD and One Spirit.

I don't have to guess. I know.

There is, indeed, ONE GOD and He is a plural being - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

That ONE SPIRIT you're talking about is the Holy Spirit. Hence, God the Spirit as opposed to God the Father or God the Son.

popsthebuilder

Can be and is are two different things. If you have scripture put it up. :chew:

I don't have to guess. I know.

There is, indeed, ONE GOD and He is a plural being - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

That ONE SPIRIT you're talking about is the Holy Spirit. Hence, God the Spirit as opposed to God the Father or God the Son.
Wow.

And you just said the Spirit of GOD as opposed to GOD and GOD manifest in the flesh.

Such profound truth from this one.....

Lon

You make little sense.
Really? A definition from a "Dictionary" then verses makes 'little sense??? :noway:

:think:

If one believes and follows the Christ then they will be saved.
It sounds a bit like Ephesians 2:8-10 HOW can you say I make 'little sense' then quote one of the things I posted? :idunno:

If another text denies the Christ came/ comes in the flesh them obviously they don't believe Christ is the only way.
It isn't just 'avoiding lies' but also seeking only what is true. IOW, if we are following something that is true and another something that is a lie, then we are off to a poor start, we are disbelieving something that is true AND believing something that isn't, where they both contradict.

But if they mention the Christ or even a synonymous term referencing the Christ and the same way is shown and taught then they aren't denying the Christ, are they?
Did you know "Muslim" Arabs are killing "Christian" Arabs? Did you know the ONLY reason is because they aren't "Muslims?"
:think: Did you know some "Muslims" are leaving and becoming "Christians" and they don't get to be both? :think:
Christian: professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ...

John 14:6 Acts 4:12 Ephesians 2:8,9
...if a person believes the teachings of Jesus Christ... :think:
For your consideration: Revelation 2:14 Exodus 23:24;34:14 Acts 8:10,21,22 1 John 4:5-8 Galatians 1:6-10 John 3:16-18 Deuteronomy 13:6-10
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 John 14:9,10 2 Corinthians 5:17 Acts 19:26

I find a good deal of the time, most people who say such things are giving opinion RATHER than knowing where their opinion may greatly disagree with scripture.

God's Truth

But He does lead people to preach the Gospel of Grace....the free gift....not according to man's obedient acts.

So, you really have no room to preach, do you?

There is no such gospel as what you preach.

You make Paul a ring leader to nullifying Jesus' words and you make him a hypocrite saying accursed be to anyone preaching another gospel.

popsthebuilder

Really? A definition from a "Dictionary" then verses makes 'little sense??? :noway:

:think:

It sounds a bit like Ephesians 2:8-10 HOW can you say I make 'little sense' then quote one of the things I posted? :idunno:

It isn't just 'avoiding lies' but also seeking only what is true. IOW, if we are following something that is true and another something that is a lie, then we are off to a poor start, we are disbelieving something that is true AND believing something that isn't, where they both contradict.

Did you know "Muslim" Arabs are killing "Christian" Arabs? Did you know the ONLY reason is because they aren't "Muslims?"
:think: Did you know some "Muslims" are leaving and becoming "Christians" and they don't get to be both? :think:

For your consideration: Revelation 2:14 Exodus 23:24;34:14 Acts 8:10,21,22 1 John 4:5-8 Galatians 1:6-10 John 3:16-18 Deuteronomy 13:6-10

I find a good deal of the time, most people who say such things are giving opinion RATHER than knowing where their opinion may greatly disagree with scripture.
So you realize that the war between Islam and Christian's is due to "Christians" of ancient times?

Are you aware that hypocrites are in all religions and not only the ones you don't profess to be a member of?

My point stands unless you can actually refute it with in context scripture of any monotheistic faith.

If one doesn't deny Christ and too shows what Christ shows then they cannot be anti Christ by definition.

Who isn't against us is on our part.

glorydaz

Me asking someone to stay on topic in my thread isn't preaching.

This thread is on the TOL site. Don't get too possessive, Pops.

When the writer of an OP goes off topic, himself, and with the very next breath admonishes someone else for going off topic, he has lost all right to make any requests....much less make DEMANDS. :loser:

popsthebuilder

This thread is on the TOL site. Don't get too possessive, Pops.

When the writer of an OP goes off topic, himself, and with the very next breath admonishes someone else for going off topic, he has lost all right to make any requests....much less make DEMANDS. :loser:
I didn't go off topic by responding to someone.
That's called misrepresenting the truth; something you are exceptionally proficient at.

Asking please also is not demanding.

More manipulated truth by the seniorpro

God's Truth

This is the Gospel Paul preaches, and you hate it. Why? Because YOU don't get to do anything but believe. :rotfl:

Saved by Grace through faith....not of yourselves.

Paul doesn't tell anyone that they are to believe and do nothing else.

Paul was speaking about having faith that Jesus blood cleans us instead of the blood of goats and lambs, and circumcision, etc.

Lon

My point stands unless you can actually refute it with in context scripture of any monotheistic faith.
:doh: Did you READ those scriptures???