Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

:rotfl:

:popcorn:

:doh:

Check that poor widow's creds before you give her a bite of food, people. :devil:

Are you okay? How is your "fudge" and bong?

I talked him into trying some fudge and rigged him up a bong, too. It made his last days more tolerable for all of us. Not easy, mind you, but at least he was our smiling Richard again instead of a stranger.

Why are you so mean?

glorydaz

You said to show scripture showing that what you did (prayed to GOD in the open for the sight of man) was wrong.

Ah, you think I was praying to God.

No, I was exclaiming on an internet forum. :chuckle:

I showed it.

Yes, you showed your proclivity to see "sin" in the simplest of things.

It again is simple truth you are contending with. It is a loosing battle friend.

Nah, I can handle all you got to give, Pops....which is not truth, but the vain imaginings of the natural man.

God's Truth

Neither, and that's a foolish thing to say - showing you don't understand why the law was given.

The law is to be used "lawfully"....not to justify, make righteous, or to give life.

The law did make one righteous and justified.

The law was SPIRITUAL; and when one is saved they receive the Spirit and has the law written on their heart and mind.

popsthebuilder

Nah, I can handle all you got to give, Pops....which is not truth, but the vain imaginings of the natural man.
"Lord spare me from the ignorance of posters such as these."

That was you praying for the sight of man. If it wasn't then you wouldn't have asked for scripture showing that praying in the sight of man was wrong.

Easy peasy

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

No, that is not what it means.

You've said this same thing for years.

Total foolishness on your part.

Unfortunately, you remain under the schoolmaster, and are not yet able to "judge all things".

Just read it, believe it, and heed it:

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

glorydaz

The law did make one righteous and justified.

The law was SPIRITUAL; and when one is saved they receive the Spirit and has the law written on their heart and mind.

:kookoo:

The law does not justify.....faith does.
The law does not make anyone righteous.....faith does.
The law does not give life....faith does.

Would you like scripture for that?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
WB,....cosmic blessings.....

WB,....cosmic blessings.....

Yay....I'm back.....had to take a break from provoking others to challenge their beliefs I guess.....I was banned for provoking others.

It was more the charge of calling other 'liars' that was the reason mentioned specifically in the reported post, although many other can get away with calling other 'liars' if they belong to the 'choir members' club here. I being removed from a discussion recently without explanation is just another example of 'underhandedness' here, but its an openly 'biased' forum. The crux of the matter here is how far will one take the 'moderating' into the realm of arbitrary bigotry, unfairness and marginalization.

If anything, as long as one is not crude, vulger and overtly blasphemous, the difference of viewpoint and engagement of valid debate and skepticism ought to be embraced to enhance the dialogue value and depth here. All points of view, even 'beliefs' ought be continually researched and evaluated, and one'e view OPEN to change, if better data, rationale and revelation is forthcoming on any subject. Such is the way of a student of truth, regardless of one's religious cult-ure or tradition. Im just as fine being a total agnostic in matters I honestly dont know, and a pure gnostic trusting the personal religious experience of 'God' I have at any time, seeing that as an inner subjective experience, an intuitive knowing. I'm also just as fine reviewing atheistic perspectives and secular views on any given subject, especially the question of Jesus historicity, and the mythical elements of the gospels, since more scholars are questioning it, and open to the 'mythicist' view, seeing that Jesus could have started off being a celestial savior figure who was later historicized and made into a flesh and blood man (figuratively speaking), as made in the gospel narratives. Or Jesus could be a mixture of both historicity and mythology,...there are various views out there.

I don't get it, but whatever. I'm back now, for now.

After so many bans and being removed from discussions (some without explanation), you learn the 'mentality' at work.

I look forward to reading your posts and everyone else's. Maybe I was being a little too abrasive.....so I'm gonna try and tone it down a smidge.

Good. And I wrote you some visitor messages on your profile page. Also your PM (private message) inbox is FULL....u need to empty out and delete messages in ur inbox and sent folder, to make room for new messages. I access TOL mostly thru my desktop, so its easier to operate here, I guess on a smartphone, some features are more limited. But good to keep up on your User interface and messages here, by attending message relays.

So far, I may be the only one who has addressed your OP in depth (and by volume) giving reasons why I see the Bible as not being the ONLY or EXCLUSIVE religious book that has spiritual value or meaning, since the Great Spirit has given life, breath and wisdom to all peoples and cultures. Since 'God' is a Universal Presence and Power, being omnipresent, ...it is for those with exclusive particular claims of their own cult being the only one 'God' has inspired or chosen as his own, to PROVE that claim beyond just "because I say so", religious indoctrination, mere belief or assumption. Since the Central Sun has extended its rays into all space and time, those rays have been refracted thru the various religious schools and traditions, so the greater revelation of 'God' is given thru all and in all, even if Jesus is the full or most perfect manifestation of the SUN, but that is a particularized personification of the Universal ONE, among other rays sprung from the same LIGHT.

Otherwise, much going on here is just petty spats and splitting hairs over doctrine, or Christology, just adding confusion and oneupmanship nonsense. We can as well enjoy sharing some passages from our other religious traditions, and relish in some edification and inspiration from those words, then engaging egos, gossip or demeaning banter, since even Paul said let all things be done for EDIFICATION. I tire of all that buffoonery.

God's Truth

So you weren't praying? Then you were using God's name in vain.

popsthebuilder

:kookoo:

The law does not justify.....faith does.
The law does not make anyone righteous.....faith does.
The law does not give life....faith does.

Would you like scripture for that?
The law of the Spirit is not the written law.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

You dug through to find my quote about my dying brother-in-law? Seriously?

So, when I point out the stupidity of one of your posts, will you go digging again?

Give me a second and I'll oblige. :thumb:

You show that you know how to "rig up a bong" and make special fudge.

The topic where you spoke of your knowledge of pot was not about your brother in law or about dying. You are the one who used him in your bragging of rigging and fudge making.

You have shown me how to keep public announcements of such things that give one insight on who and what you are. I should have kept more.

Here is more proof it was not about your brother in law in particularly, as you are trying to claim:

People are perfectly capable of believing false doctrine without smoking the weed. Yep, we can overdo anything....even eating...but we don't blame food when we overeat. Pot is mild compared to alchohol....so I have no problem with people using it in moderation. It's easier to turn down another "hit" than it is to turn down another drink....and there isn't the danger of getting "mean", either.

Why are you so mean?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What 'God' would that be?

There is only one 'God'...whose Spirit-consciousness and Being fills the entire universe, the Infinite ONE. Only One Absolute Reality IS. - all else are but relative points of view arising in this infinite sea of life....forms, images, appearances, assumptions, perspectives of One Consciousness.

glorydaz

Just read it, believe it, and heed it:

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Let Paul explain that one to you.

Romans 2:1-3
1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?​

So, if I was unsaved, as I judge you to be, then I could be judged by the same measure.

However, I am not unsaved, and therefore I am able to call you out as being unsaved.

By the same token...

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​

The unsaved may not like hearing that truth - that they need to be saved, but they need to know that in order to be open to hearing the Gospel when it's preached. The ONE GOSPEL of salvation by Grace through faith. Not that false gospel of works that you preach.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You separate when you subtract from God's Word and add doctrines from demons.

There can be no seperation where God is all in all :)

God is already the one all-pervading reality. There is no outside of 'God', except in the 'division' of your own making.

glorydaz

There is only one 'God'...whose Spirit-consciousness and Being fills the entire universe, the Infinite ONE. Only One Absolute Reality IS. - all else are but relative points of view arising in this infinite sea of life....forms, images, appearances, assumptions, perspectives of One Consciousness.

You don't know His name. :nono: