Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

marhig

Jesus is God and the scriptures tell us that many times.

God the Father is Spirit and He came as a man's spirit in Jesus the Christ.

As for glorydaze, she has caused judgement to come on her in the same way she judges.

I believe that the scriptures clearly show us that the father is the God and father of Christ Jesus, Christ was the spirit that was within Jesus, like you and me have our Spirit and then he was filled with the Holy Spirit being anointed of God the father, making him the Christ. Jesus was the fleshly man that the Spirit of Christ was in.

And once he had overcome the flesh, satan and this world of sin and death, showing us a new and living way and leaving us a perfect example to follow and the gospel to be preached everywhere, he obeyed the father until his last breath and satan couldn't touch him, once crucified, he left this body, and the father exalted him and set Christ at his right hand.

All spirits in heaven have the life of Christ with them, just like we all do once we are born of God. And just as we bring Christ to others in the flesh, the Spirit brings Christ into our heart and we are saved from this life of sin and death through our lord Jesus Christ by the power of the Spirit. If we are willing to lay down our lives, become a living sacrifice and obey the living God, living by his will daily and then Christ will help us to overcome.

popsthebuilder

Lord spare me from the ignorance of posters such as these.

This is what happens when the natural man tries to understand spiritual things. :nono:

You can spare yourself from it by leaving.

Praying in open for the sight of man is expressly spoken against.

Care for the scripture? If you percieve one to be truly ignorant then why the negativity towards them? Ignorance is not nearly as bad as knowingly promoting what is false.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

What's disgusting is your denial that Jesus Christ is Lord and God.

It's Jesus who said, "You will die in your sins if you believe not that I AM" (he).

I'm simply warning you VIPERS to listen, for the wrath of God will come upon you. You've been told over and over again, and you choose to condemn me for telling you the truth? :nono:

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Justifiably naming one a viper would mean that you have an actual reason to me them such. You would thing one accusing another of such would think to support such a claim to some minor extent at least.

popsthebuilder

No, I'm not. A person cannot be saved when they think they have earned their own salvation. That's a simple fact that Paul taught extensively.

All you "holier than thous" on this site who are obsessed with what others DO....how others "talk mean"....how others must be "sinning" or not "obeying", are advertising you own lack of salvation. It's like you're holding up a big sign that says, "I'm a pretend Christian".
Things like this really are not called for.

If you think one is lost then it is for you to guide them.

You aren't guiding anyone to the truth with your blanket accusations and negativity.

popsthebuilder

Then even your gladness is without merit. I can quote from the law without putting myself under it. :AMR:
"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments."

So you deny your own quotation of scripture?

popsthebuilder

Psalm 40: 2. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 4. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. 5. Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. 6. Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. 7. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8. I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 9. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. 10. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation. 11. Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. 12. For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. 13. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me. 14. Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil. 15. Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha. 16. Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. 17. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

popsthebuilder

That doesn't make sense, since I'm saved, and you're still trying to "stay saved".:king:
Philippians 3: 11. If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. 17. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 20. For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21. Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Romans 10: 6. But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 7. Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8. But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15. And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16. But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19. But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20. But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21. But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

popsthebuilder

Christ was insufficient to pay her debt from all her sins, and she has to pony up her own merits.
She didn't get the good news that it is only by the righteousness and obedience of one.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

She wants to make that "two" so she can include herself.

(the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

shall many be made righteous.)

That in no way means staying the same.

popsthebuilder

One of my favorites was her .....
"I no longer sin, But when I do sin, I repent".

And the ever classic of hers ...... "You have to obey EVERYTHING Christ said while He walked the earth. Except for this, and this, and this, and this ....".
Looks like I didn't miss too much. Not from you two anyway.

popsthebuilder

Hi glorydaz,

What marhig was addressing was the 'spirit' in which you were writing, something that is important, as Jesus had to correct his disciples about it probably more than once, if you believe some of the gospel accounts of the events anyways.

'God' who is Love looks at the heart, and truth knows and discerns the thoughts, intents of the heart
, this is what counts, the spirit or motivation behind our words and actions. So, bringing up a mere doctrinal belief (that someone doesnt believe Jesus is God Almighty in dogmatic fashion) to somehow justify the 'spirit' shown in some of your posts is non-justified. In fact, I'm sure Jesus wont be interrogating anyone about their BELIEF that he is 'God', but will scan one's life looking for the quality and content of HOW they loved and served their fellowman. It will be those spiritual fruits that weigh most in the accounting at the end of each lifetime we have.

My original treatment of the actual subject and question here stands shared earlier here :)

Most else in this thread are just spats, tit for tats, and pretty petty stuff. As serious students of truth, one would devote themselves to more weighty matters, such as justice, mercy, truth, faith, knowledge, wisdom,....those issues, ideals, concepts and priniciples that have eternal import and significance.

Hence I would prefer not to get into the lower carnal and egoic behavior that only depresses and devalues others (nit picking, gossip, name-calling - these are works of the flesh), instead of what envalues, encourages, uplifts others...which is what LOVE does. Hence seeing what is the spirit or motivation behind our communication is KEY, and then nipping it in the bud, if its a wrong, false, erroneous or even EVIL spirit. Thats where discernment comes in.

In any case as I've shared elsewhere, and what agrees with many other students of universal truth,...'God' is a universal Presence and Power, and hence as the Heart of the Universe...has inspired or illumined many different prophets of the various lands, cultures and traditions of our Mother Earth. We can see the glory and wisdom of God in all the many facets, as a diamond is not a whole diamond, without those many facets comprising its entirety.

On that note, we shall wait til pops gets back to get into some good stuff, like the different religious text of the various traditions, which by the way, belong to the whole family of humanity. Note I did not discount the Bible in my former treatise, but mentioned it is not perfect, neither does it represent the total of knowledge, wisdom and revelation given to mankind, neither does it claim to. Jesus said the spirit of truth would CONTINUE to lead, guide and teach man. Life is evolutional, progressive in nature, and so is REVELATION.
Yay....I'm back.....had to take a break from provoking others to challenge their beliefs I guess.....I was banned for provoking others.

I don't get it, but whatever. I'm back now, for now.

I look forward to reading your posts and everyone else's. Maybe I was being a little too abrasive.....so I'm gonna try and tone it down a smidge.

peace

popsthebuilder

Nice that you care, but you're wrong. I am the only one, besides the Spirit that is in me, that knows the spirit by which I post.

If you would rather heed the "wisdom" of a natural man of the flesh, then you're certainly free to do. I won't scold you -- unless you preach that same "wisdom" as truth.

1 Corinthians 2:14-16
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
To claim their words as carnal wisdom you would need to be able to show it to be such. Which you have yet to do.

glorydaz

You need to read the next verse in John 8, verse 25

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

After saying you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am he, they then ask Jesus who are you? And Jesus said even the same that I have said from the beginning. He never once told them that he is God, but rather that he is the son of God. That's who he has been saying he is from the beginning, and that's what he means by I am he. But of course you just pluck the words I AM out of a sentence again I try and make Jesus God.

Spoiler
And I've never once condemned you, you say I have condemned you for saying it is wrong to wish the wrath of God upon another? That's not condemning you? I don't say the things that you say to others, where you judge who does and doesn't belong to God just because they don't believe as you do calling them lost and not belonging to Christ, and wanting the wrath of God to come upon them, that's condemning others.

But I'll tell you this, you quote about the wrath of God coming upon people, but it's not upon those who believe in Jesus and obey him, those who are doers of the word who love the father and live by his will, it's upon those who are disobedient and love themselves before God once they know the truth, those who are proud and look down on others, those who don't live by the will of God, they are those upon who the wrath of God comes. Who won't die the death and who won't start to put to death the works of their flesh when the Spirit shows them their sins, and turn from the ways of the world, and the hardness in their heart grows.

Colossians 3:5

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

If we have put on the the new man then our old man should be dead and we are then covered in Christ, and if we are covered in Christ then we will have a heart like his, and we will want everyone saved not want the wrath of God to fall upon others. God will decide who his wrath comes upon, in his time, and it won't be upon those who love him and are obedient to his will, it will be upon the disobedient who know the truth, who are lovers of themselves before God, and we are not to gloat when we see others suffer but rather help them and tell them the truth.

Save your whining and your lecturing concerning the "new man". You have no idea what that is.

It's a shame you can't actually hear what Jesus said from the beginning, and instead get fixated on His saying He was the Son of God. As if that means He is not God. He also calls Himself the Son of Man, so that must mean He is not man, too....according to your logic. :AMR:

He says very clearly that He came out from God, and came down from heaven. Every I AM statement He made was confirming He was God.

But, I can't cure the wilfully blind. It's in your face, and you still WILL NOT see it. :nono:

God's Truth

I believe that the scriptures clearly show us that the father is the God and father of Christ Jesus, Christ was the spirit that was within Jesus, like you and me have our Spirit and then he was filled with the Holy Spirit being anointed of God the father, making him the Christ. Jesus was the fleshly man that the Spirit of Christ was in.

That is not what happened with Jesus. Just as we don't become Christ because we receive the Holy Spirit.

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God the Father come as a Son, AND when Jesus was water baptized, he was baptized with the Holy Spirit and with power.

Last edited:

glorydaz

You can spare yourself from it by leaving.

I could, but how "loving" would it be for me to abandon such fools to their folly?

Praying in open for the sight of man is expressly spoken against.

Care for the scripture?

Yeah, you'd better since what you just said makes no sense. Show me how you think I'm wrong, this time.

If you percieve one to be truly ignorant then why the negativity towards them? Ignorance is not nearly as bad as knowingly promoting what is false.

She is ignorant, and she does promote what is false, and that's why I pointed it out.

So what is your gripe now, Pops?

God's Truth

And once he had overcome the flesh,

What? See that is more proof that you are in error.

Jesus didn't sin before he was baptized.

Think about that some more.

He didn't have to overcome his flesh when he received the Holy Spirit.

He was a 33 year old man when he was baptized.

Do you really want to claim that he had sin before he was baptized?

That should give you cause to say to yourself that you are off track.