Is Naughty Language Sinful?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can anybody provide scriptural support for the contention that using the F-word is evil?
Ephesians 4:29 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 4:29 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

You sir, are a Grace man... You quote this with situational understanding. I understand your understanding.

-EE

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If I didn't use certain vernacular every other word in service... people would scratch their head and look at me like I spoke another language.

All Respect and Blessings in our TriUne Savior,

- EE

FYI,

It is against their rules and regulations to use cursing words in the military.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Patton:

Profanity serves a purpose in the military. General Patton explained; “When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can’t run an Army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An Army without profanity couldn’t fight it’s way out of a piss-soaked paper bag.”

http://therealrevo.com/blog/?p=18147

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can anybody provide scriptural support for the contention that using the F-word is evil?

Where did it come from?

It stands for -- For Unlawfil Carnal Knowledge, which was written somehere on or near the stocks where people were being publically punished for the transgression.

Now of course it is a profanity which comes out of the mouths of them who are about to crash or some disaster.

In some cases it just means something to fill in between other words.

LA

oatmeal

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but rather that which good to the use of edifying that it may minister grace to the hearers.

I suppose it might be possible that the f word could be edifying and minister grace to a hearer, but my imagination is not sufficient to produce such a scenario

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
but does that mean that it's evil, that it's sinful?

1 Corinthians 13:4 tells me that love is patient

was i sinning when I was impatient with my children?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
was i sinning when I was impatient with my children?

All unrighteousness is sin. Your answer would depend on the circumstances as to how you demonstrated your impatience. I hope you didn't use inappropriate language to your children. That would not have edified them.

glorydaz

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but rather that which good to the use of edifying that it may minister grace to the hearers.

I suppose it might be possible that the f word could be edifying and minister grace to a hearer, but my imagination is not sufficient to produce such a scenario

Like anything else...it rests with the intent in one's heart. Is there malice etc.?

Eph. 4:29-31 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

oatmeal

Like anything else...it rests with the intent in one's heart. Is there malice etc.?

Eph. 4:29-31 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Yes, indeed. Likewise we are not to lie one to another. God's word has much to say what should and should not come out of our mouth's and what should and should not be in our hearts.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks

There are a lot of words in scripture that call a spade a spade so to speak. Words that as I remember were censored by this website. The three letter word for donkey is one that is found in scripture but in my experience is not permitted to be used on this website. We will try this one. Genesis 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ***; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

Evidently, God's choice of words is not acceptable on this website.