Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How homosexuals answer this topic will be creepy. Imagine married same sex having authority to rape thier partner without being arrested. What is the difference between rape and domestic violence?

One uses sex and degradation as their weapon of choice ... the other uses battery.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Too bad you don't think a rapist is scumbag, too. If you don't want to be viewed as misogynistic then don't act misogynistic. I'm not telling anyone to apologize for being a man; but I would suggest a few here apologize for being monumental morons in this conversation.

Thus far, it would be four of them. It's fairly easy to separate the men from the *guys*. The men have stepped forward and stated there is never any excuse for rape.

ClimateSanity

It's assumed by some based on certain scriptures. I don't agree with the assumption since it violates the golden rule. How the government of Israel interpreted it as an obligation may interest you because they stipulated how many times a man had to perform sexually with his wife; for example, a sailor had to perform at least once every six months due to long periods of absence but an unemployed man had to perform sexually every day because he was home all day. I don't believe they required a wife to provide sex on demand as you'd like but you can check and get back to us.

Men have no right to force sex on their wives and should have no defense if they do. As for male rights, when you actually have a discussion about them, you will see that I am an advocate for legitimate male rights.

No, that's not accurate. You need to read my posts more carefully. I don't believe either gender is subservient to the other.

That is what is known as a stupid question.

Yes, a stupid question you asked.

Woman who are forced to have sex with men they don't want to have sex with are victims. It's wrong for either spouse to use sex as a way of controlling the other.

God forbid he takes control of his wife's body against her will.

Too bad you don't think a rapist is scumbag, too. If you don't want to be viewed as misogynistic then don't act misogynistic. I'm not telling anyone to apologize for being a man; but I would suggest a few here apologize for being monumental morons in this conversation.

Why do you feel he doesn't think rapists are scumbags? Also, there is not one single man on this board who EVER said there was any excuse for rape. You cannot find a quote anywhere saying that.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How homosexuals answer this topic will be creepy. Imagine married same sex having authority to rape thier partner without being arrested. What is the difference between rape and domestic violence?

The 'victim' complex only exists with a woman and her husband. The vanity of Eve echoing from history. That's why you don't hear much about 'marital rape' among homosexuals.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you feel he doesn't think rapists are scumbags? Also, there is not one single man on this board who EVER said there was any excuse for rape. You cannot find a quote anywhere saying that.

Oh, unable or unwilling to use the quote feature still. Extremely telling as well as inconsiderate to your fellow posters.

egyptianmuslim

Considering you live in Egypt, a country that oppresses women, that doesn't prosecute marital rape, were you expecting them to be relaxed and aroused by pigs? Why it was just in 1999 that your country ended the practice of the rapist marrying the victim to be exoneration; before that a woman could be forced to marry her rapist, which obviously would lead to more sexual abuse. Women are bound to be frigid around barbaric men.

You've never heard of male sexual dysfunction? Regardless, men certainly can be frigid, and I would argue are more so more often than women.

It's not an obligation. Let your wife know it's not an obligation. If you are sincere and show your wife the love and respect she deserves, you will have as much sex as you need and probably more.

- Woman are not forced to marry her rapist

- Frigidity is a female sexual dysfunction.

- Many times the wife refuses to give sex ,even he shows love and and respect because desire is different .....hypersexual males are many more than hypersexuale females.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Frigidity is a female sexual dysfunction.

Not accommodating every sexual whim of another human being is not a dysfunction. Believing women should accommodate these whims ... is a dysfunction.

Many times the wife refuses to give sex ,even he shows love and and respect because desire is different .....hypersexual males are many more than hypersexuale females.

Do you believe there is EVER a reason for a wife to refuse sex to her husband? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe there is EVER a reason for a wife to refuse sex to her husband? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Having sex while a woman is on her period is considered unnatural in the Bible. If she has a problem going on down below, that's a legitimate reason as well.

But
Nobody on here is really concerning those things. What people are taking issue with is the common and problematic reason why a lot of women will refuse sex, and it's using it for control or when it best serves her alone- unconcerned with her husband's desire.

That can cripple marriage, because there is an issue of the flesh which spouses become one in. You want to play the cliche 'only love matters' or try to spin some holier than thou attitude, but it backfires because there is sin in the woman if this is even an issue at all.

And then there's the 'victim' complex. Your line of thinking simply causes wives to be adversarial to their husbands, that's how it all got started in the first place.
I saw a girl on CNN who falsely accused her boyfriend of rape and then went on to call herself a victim of the media :doh:
She was a little hipster feminist. That's where all this spurs from.

So it's not like men are lying or being 'misogynistic' when they say women are this or that. They are just reporting an observed reality.

genuineoriginal

Sure it does. You don't force sex on your wife because you wouldn't want sex forced on you.
Once again, you have departed from the topic of the thread.
The topic is not about whether a husband is capable of forcing sex on his wife, nor is it whether a husband has any right to force sex on his wife.

The topic is whether the legal fiction called "marital rape" can be justified through the scripture.

The truth is that it cannot, since the only times the scripture mentions anything like rape it is in the context of a man with a woman that is not his wife.

The point is that according to God's law the wife was allowed to initiate the divorce.
So?

genuineoriginal

You only see what you want to see in the bible.
If you mean that I am not attempting to read in 21st century feminist sensibilities into the scripture, you are right.

If you mean that the verses quoted somehow are about the legal fiction called "marital rape", then my question stands.

Where do those verses say anything about "marital rape"?

Your inability to point out where, is telling.

elohiym

elohiym said:
I am an ethnic Jew. Many of my relatives were exterminated in the holocaust.
congratulations

Your loneliness and sexual frustration have made you crazy. If you want to congratulate me for anything, instead of mocking my murdered relatives or my ethnicity, congratulate me for being happily married, having many children and all the sex I want.

and someone who isn't a total tard would understand that the insertion of the state between that which God has joined together into ONE is as evil as the killing of innocents

Anyone with average reading comprehension skills would realize that the government of Israel was inserted between that which God had joined together, which is why Moses (the government) arbitrated divorce and other marital issues. The government was involved in everything, including the regulation of sexual activity.

how can you force sex on yourself?

I couldn't, but apparently you believe you can since you believe a man can force his wife to have sex because you believe her body belongs to him.

elohiym

If you mean that I am not attempting to read in 21st century feminist sensibilities into the scripture, you are right.

Rather you are attempting to read 21st century masculinist irrationality into everything. Consider there are legitimate male rights we could be discussing instead of you trying to defend irrational misogynistic ideas that violate the golden rule.

Where do those verses say anything about "marital rape"?

Your inability to point out where, is telling.

Your inability to understand what has been explained to you is more telling. Jesus said many would hear but not hear, see but not see. If you can't understand that forced sex in marriage violated the golden rule (Mt 7:12), it's evidence enough for me that you are one who cannot hear or see because your heart is hard.

elohiym

then you should have no problem showing mosaic law concerning "marital rape" :idunno:

You implied Moses and God was evil for inserting the government into marriage. First concede you were being a moron and public apologize to both God and Moses. Then concede the government has authority from God per Romans 13:1-7. After that, I may take a little time to explain to you why forced sex in marriage violates the golden rule.

genuineoriginal

Rather you are attempting to read 21st century masculinist irrationality into everything. Consider there are legitimate male rights we could be discussing instead of you trying to defend irrational misogynistic ideas that violate the golden rule.
You have fooled yourself into believing your strawmen arguments have anything to do with what I have been arguing.

Your inability to understand what has been explained to you is more telling. Jesus said many would hear but not hear, see but not see. If you can't understand that forced sex in marriage violated the golden rule (Mt 7:12), it's evidence enough for me that you are one who cannot hear or see because your heart is hard.
I have a great ability to understand, and I understand exactly where you are coming from and what arguments you are attempting to make.
Your arguments stem around how a husband should treat his wife and how a husband should not treat his wife.
If that had anything to do with my arguments, we would not still be hashing over this.

It is your complete inability to understand what my arguments are that is causing your frustration.

I know you won't be able to follow this, but I will present it again for those that can.

In the Bible, sex is only permitted between a husband and his wife, all other sexual acts are forbidden.

In order to preserve the institution of marriage as the only place where a man and a woman are permitted to have sex, there must be no criminalization of any sexual act between the man and his wife, while every sexual act outside of that between a man and his wife must be criminalized.

The preservation of the institute of marriage is the compelling state interest that has historically defined rape as "A carnal knowledge of a woman not one's wife by force or against her will."

There is no compelling state interest that can justify changing the definition of rape to include sex between a man and his wife.

genuineoriginal

You implied Moses and God was evil for inserting the government into marriage.
No, that thought comes straight from the evil in your own heart.

He simply asked you to demonstrate from the Torah where God or Moses said anything that would condemn any sex between a man and his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.