Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Let's see, we have here with us:

koban/some other dude/resurrected/resodko/ok loser

Voltaire/Doloresistere/Orange something-or-other/ClimateSanity

Sum1sGruj/Skybringr/Crucible

and all three of us are engaging in the conversation

you, on the other hand, refuse to answer direct questions put to you

i wonder why that is?

genuineoriginal

I sympathize with your point, but if ceded, then one must affirm as well that not only the sexual arena of a married couple's relationship is their business, but the entirety of the relationship in all arenas as well is NOT the business of anyone other than the two parties involved.
Yes, to a point.
The wedding and divorce of the relationship are public matters.
Anything related to the divorce also becomes a public matter.

Additionally, there is a historical precedent for allowing the male kinfolk of the woman the ability to beat some sense into the husband if he is physically abusive, but this has also become criminalized and no longer can be done.
Likewise, the female kinfolk of the man would take the wife and talk to her if they believed she wasn't upholding her end of the marriage.

In both of these solutions, any problems in the relationship was kept within the family and no criminal court was involved.

And if so, then there is no such thing as assault and battery in a marriage... No such thing as spousal abuse...

I think we must acknowledge that some actions are criminal, and that marriage cannot be used as an umbrella to shield such actions from the law...
I addressed this point.
Anything that causes the married couple to become a plaintiff and a defendant in a criminal case should automatically cause the two to become divorced, and the final disposition of the divorce is dependent on the outcome of the criminal case.

And having said that, I will concede that the door to legal abuse by the presumptively abused is opened, when the presumption is false as the "abused" is in fact the predator...
That point was brought up previously.

genuineoriginal

Oh really? My husband and I took vows "through sickness and in health". He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and given five years to live. His condition deteriorated to the point that he could no longer "perform". According to you there is no marriage without the sexual relationship.
Our marriage was not based on or defined by a sexual relationship. It was based on and defined by love. We also took vows "till death do us part". Our marriage did not end till he passed away. That's when there was no marriage.
If you ever consummated your marriage with sex, especially on your wedding night after you took your vows, then you are officially married, and the marriage is based on that sexual act.

Without the entire "became one flesh" thing, there is no marriage.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
right - your decision to troll

while whining about others

as i've said, my point is made

That's nice. You made your point in your quote above that you weren't interested in my answer. You didn't know what else to do when faced with that but whine about me trolling my own thread. I mean, really... you're not interested in my answer and then you follow me around nagging me for an answer. :chuckle:

Thanks for dropping by. Do stop by and check your post count on the way out. :)

genuineoriginal

Only losers will try to define for you what rape is and isn't so they can push their own agenda.
You have just declared that feminists (who changed the definition of rape from the very clear definition held in 1960 to the modern definition) are losers for redefining rape so they can push their own agenda.

I agree 100 %.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You have just declared that feminists (who changed the definition of rape from the very clear definition held in 1960 to the modern definition) are losers for redefining rape so they can push their own agenda.

I agree 100 %.

Rape has always been about lack of consent. I agree 100%.

bybee

I agree 100 %.

A real man doesn't have to rape to have sex.
Only vulgar, brutish louts have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.