Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
GO, ok doser, and Crucible, is your general idea this......that in marriage your body is no longer your own so rape in marriage is a contradiction and can't exist?

in a Godly marriage, yes

as per scripture

bybee

in a Godly marriage, yes

as per scripture

I have a question for you: If a wife fights her husband as he attempts to rape her how much physical force by the husband is permitted to accomplish the rape?
May he beat her into submission? May he knock her out?:confused:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So you have no label for What the husband does?
Do you think he's justified?

I think that what a Christian couple does within their marriage is between them and God

and if they need guidance, they should seek it from their spiritual leader

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think that what a Christian couple does within their marriage is between them and God

and if they need guidance, they should seek it from their spiritual leader

You answered my first question by calling it an ungodly marriage. But this you decline?

When you called it an ungodly marriage did you mean only the part about the wife refusing?

bybee

You answered my first question by calling it an ungodly marriage. But this you decline?

When you called it an ungodly marriage did you mean only the part about the wife refusing?

I've noticed that any data or question which cramps his style either goes unanswered or is sneered at? What could that mean?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If a wife does refuse and the husband does force it, what is that called?

An inconvenience.

A woman crying rape by her husband is just dumb. A sad result of this ridiculous victim complex that women have obtained.

It's as dumb as a man crying rape when refusing sex and his wife forcing it, like when a man comes home from hard labor or in cases where the wife forces forgiveness through entrapping him with sex. It happens, and it's crude, but it's not 'rape'.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Apparently, the discussion has very much progressed (I use the term loosely) since I've last posted. I wish to speak briefly to the original posting:

1. As scriptural commentators note, Eve was made from the rib of Adam. She was not made from his feet, so as to signify that Adam should dominate her, and that she should be his slave, but from his side, close to his heart, in order to signify that the woman is man's helpmate/partner, in order to signify the mutual complementarity of male and female. Men and women, I emphasize, are mutually complementary to each other. Each "brings something to the table," so to speak.

2. Nonetheless, as has been noted, as the scriptures tell us, a married person's body does not only belong to him or her, but also to his or her spouse, and, likewise, the other way around. Marriage involves complete mutual self-giving. Each spouse rightly may say of the other: "You are mine." This is a right of each spouse to the other which is not to be refused lightly.

3. Marriage is a dim prefigurement of the union of Christ and His Church. Marriage should imitate the sacrificial love that Christ has shown for His bride, the Church. Consider for a moment the Most Blessed Sacrament, the Eucharist, and how marriage imperfectly imitates this.

The attitude of spouses to each other should be one of mutual respect, love, self-giving and self-sacrifice.

For the wife, this means: "I don't feel like it," "I have a headache," "I just washed my hair" and even "I am menstrating (as St. Thomas Aquinas tells us)" aren't good enough reasons to say "no."

For the man, this means that he should be sensitive to the needs, emotions, well being, etc. of his wife.

"No means no." Sure, in some sense, I'll grant that. But if the wife were justified in saying "no," the man should not have asked in the first place.

And if the husband does ask?
And if the wife does refuse?
And if the husband does force it?

Status
Not open for further replies.