Is Jesus the Father?

Is Jesus the Father?

• Total voters

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Jesus is not God for he has a God. There is only one God.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Jesus is the logos of God, and the Father is the creator of God, and the Holy Spirit is God regenerating the human soul. They are all one God acting the creation and humans in differing ways.

One God divine, acting in three different ways with humans.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Baloney, we have one God AND one Lord. You fail to see that.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

You fail to see what is not there for you to see, the Holy Spirit. I know He lives in me and without Him, I would have retired to my bed and passed on.

The Holy Spirit leads me to do what my limited rational mind does not care to do.

No baloney!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I highly doubt that. God didn't fail to give a good enough brain to think and a good enough mind to do whats right.

Nothing personal.

Not towards a full understanding of the nature of God. The best PhD. theologians usually disagree, and they know much more than you do. If you want to know more, then study theology at the highest level.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

1. the Father is God,
2. the Son is God,
3. the Holy Spirit is God,
4. the Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit,
5. the Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit,
6. the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son, and
7. they are not three gods, but one God.

If we look a bit deeper:

1. There is in the divine Being but one indivisible essence (ousia, essentia).
2. In this one divine Being there are three persons or individual subsistences, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. The whole undivided essence of God belongs equally to each of the three persons.
4. The subsistence and operation of the three persons in the divine Being is marked by a certain definite order.
5. There are certain personal attributes by which the three persons are distinguished.
6. The church confesses the Trinity to be a mystery beyond the full comprehension of man.

AMR

God's Truth

No, God is ONE being, with ONE NAME....Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

We will see GOD. Stop mocking the Nature of God just because you refuse to believe what is written.

I don't think you have any idea what you just said. So when you see Jesus you will be seeing the Father because they are one and the same, correct?

God's Truth

Jesus came from the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit who is the Father's Spirit.
Jesus has his Father's Spirit.

Jesus has every name the Father has: Redeemer, Savior, Rock, the Holy One, the First and the Last.
Yet you say he does not have the name 'Father'.

Jesus was the one speaking in the Old Testament.
God in the Old Testament is known as 'Father'.

Jesus says that he would not leave his apostles as orphans.
Who but a mother or father could possibly not leave someone as an orphan?

Jesus says those who overcome will be his son.
If you have a son, then you must be a father.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

1. the Father is God,
2. the Son is God,

If we look a bit deeper:

2. In this one divine Being there are three persons or individual subsistences, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. The whole undivided essence of God belongs equally to each of the three persons.
4. The subsistence and operation of the three persons in the divine Being is marked by a certain definite order.
5. There are certain personal attributes by which the three persons are distinguished.
6. The church confesses the Trinity to be a mystery beyond the full comprehension of man.

AMR

so you do not believe the Father is a being who fathered another being who is the Father's son, now raised from the dead to sit at Gods right hand.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus came from the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit who is the Father's Spirit.
Jesus has his Father's Spirit.

Jesus is Gods Son, a man who has gained immortality due to His obedience to His Father.

Jesus has every name the Father has: Redeemer, Savior, Rock, the Holy One, the First and the Last.
Yet you say he does not have the name 'Father'.

Jesus was given His Fathers name.

Jesus was the one speaking in the Old Testament.

No. The Father who is the only true God, who is greater than His Son, spoke in the OT.

God in the Old Testament is known as 'Father'.

God was known in the OT as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Jesus says that he would not leave his apostles as orphans.
Who but a mother or father could possibly not leave someone as an orphan?

The Father and His Son will come to you.

Jesus says those who overcome will be his son.

The Father said that.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

If you have a son, then you must be a father.

Yes but any son is not his own father. and any father is not his son.

LA

God's Truth

1. the Father is God,
2. the Son is God,

You just made three different Gods and are merely calling them one God.
If we look a bit deeper:

What is that? You don't know because it is made up.

Now you have made four different Gods.
You just contradicted yourself because earlier you said they were individual.

You just made a main God and two lesser gods.
Jesus only says and does what the Father says and does; and, when you see Jesus you see the Father. You have not proven that they are distinct/different.

AMR

If you can't explain it, then you cannot defend it.

God's Truth

1. the Father is God,
2. the Son is God,

The scriptures say plainly that the Lord is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit.

Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

That scripture say Jesus is a life-giving Spirit; well, there is only one life giving Spirit:

God's Truth

Jesus is Gods Son,
God came as a Son in the flesh.

a man who has gained immortality

He was immortal and from heaven before coming to earth.

due to His obedience to His Father.

The man Jesus was obedient as a Son and was raised to the same place he had before lowering himself to the position of a man on earth in the flesh.

Jesus was given His Fathers name.
Jesus had that name in heaven before coming to earth, and he had that name when he was born on earth.
No. The Father who is the only true God, who is greater than His Son, spoke in the OT.

Okay then. God the Father was saying that they will see HIM THE ONE THEY PIERCED. That proves that the Father in the Old Testament is the Son in the New Testament.

Zechariah 12:10"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn

God was known in the OT as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

You now are failing harder at defending your beliefs because you just said it was the Father speaking in the Old Testament.

The Father and His Son will come to you.
Jesus says that HE WILL come and not leave them as orphans.
The Father does come when Jesus comes because Jesus is the Father.

The Father said that.
Jesus says it.

Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Yes but any son is not his own father. and any father is not his son.
God the Almighty can do anything He wants, and He came to earth as a Son