Is Jesus God?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He is fully God. He only temporary became human but is fully God. God the Father even calls Jesus God in Hebrews.
Is He still a man in heaven, Panda? You said "temporary", so I just wanted to clarify.

Panda

Is He still a man in heaven, Panda? You said "temporary", so I just wanted to clarify.

God is a Spirit as bible says. So, no, He is not a man anymore. He only came as a man to live with us. Just like angels appear to humans as a man but are return back to spirit form which are their usual form. We cannot see God in His real form anyway or we die. He put on flesh as a disguise.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God is a Spirit as bible says. So, no, He is not a man anymore. He only came as a man to live with us. Just like angels appear to humans as a man but are return back to spirit form which are their usual form. We cannot see God in His real form anyway or we die. He put on flesh as a disguise.

What scriptural evidence do you have that indicates that Jesus is no longer human?

Panda

What scriptural evidence do you have that indicates that Jesus is no longer human?

Easy.

1. As the bible says God is Spirit. It doesn't say God is Spirit and man does it? No. Verse just says God is Spirit as He always was except for when He appeared to us.

And 2. No flesh can even enter heaven.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1 Corinthians 15:50

There is no flesh in God's kingdom. It can't even enter in.

Panda

Against very clear revelations from the Holy KJV N.T., you make up the assertion that Jesus is God. Do not now duck and hide.

You have boldly claim that Jesus is God. According to both John and Matthew in the Holy KJV N.T. your claim is antichrist and anti-God. God never gave that authority and appointment to Jesus.

There is not much point in going to other explanations and revelations if you do not clear-up (i.e. say clearly) what the following says and means to you:

Matthew: 12 KJV N.T.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

It seem very clear that the above say: one can blaspheme the son of man Jesus and one shall be forgiven (guaranteed). (And indeed Paul did blaspheme the physical son of man Jesus and he was forgiven and rewarded.) The above says, also, if one blaspheme the Holy Spirit one will not be forgiven in this world or in any world to come.

Clearly the son of man Jesus is not and does not have the status of God, Who is the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost.

Also John confirmed that God is a Spirit, (i.e. the Holy Spirit). The son of man Jesus was not spirit. He was a flesh and blood physical human. Jesus was a flesh and blood man. He was born out of the womb of Mother Mary, in natural child-birth.

John: 4 King James Version (KJV)
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Again, the above clearly identifies a serious difference between God (Who is a Spirit) and the physical son of man Jesus (who was flesh and blood).

Additionally:

Clearly, for a very good reason, Jesus did not allow anyone to blaspheme God. His Father, by saying that he was God or that he was equal to God:

Matthew: 19 King James Version (KJV)
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Clearly you are not for Jesus when you claim and promote that Jesus is God. You are both antichrist and anti-God.

This is your chance to defend your claim. Your long, tedious and numerous posts are absolutely nothing, if you are a false prophet. Please tells us, what do you hear when you read the following:

Matthew: 12 KJV N.T.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

You obviously do not accept the above revelation, as is. The request is quite simple. Correct and post the above revelations from the Holy KJV N.T., according to your whim.

These are the facts as clearly recorded in the Holy KJV N.T.

Come on be forthright and state your denial or corruption of the above openly.

It is clear that Jesus will dislike you for lying about Him, especially to blasphemously equate him, with His Father. It is a matter of record that Jesus serious chastised, at least one person for equating him to his Father, God. Wake-up foolish one.

You seem to foolishly believe that Jesus will, some how, favor you for your lie?

Jesus does need you or any one else, to falsely and blasphemously promote him (against His Father).

You mentioned the Jews, they will certain agree that Jesus is not God.
Hi! The salvation was taken from the Jews and given to Gentiles for a reason. I wouldn't believe the Jews at all.

Also, please read scripture a bit better. God the Father calls Jesus God.

Hebrews 1
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?
And again:

“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?
6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”
7 And of the angels He says:

“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
8 But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

(God's (Jesus') throne in His Kingdom is forever and ever. This is what God the Father said to God the Son)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Easy.

1. As the bible says God is Spirit. It doesn't say God is Spirit and man does it? No. Verse just says God is Spirit as He always was except for when He appeared to us.

So, no scripture that says He gave up His human nature?

And 2. No flesh can even enter heaven.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

There is no flesh in God's kingdom. It can't even enter in.

That's not what the verse says.

It says "flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

Did you catch that? "flesh and blood."

But Jesus' resurrected body is flesh and bone, not flesh and blood...

Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.”But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?”So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.And He took it and ate in their presence. - Luke 24:36-43 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke24:36-43&version=NKJV

After the resurrection, Jesus clearly had a body.

Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” - John 20:24-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John20:24-29&version=NKJV

And scripture says that he ascended into heaven with that body.

And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them.Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven.And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God. Amen. - Luke 24:50-53 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke24:50-53&version=NKJV

And that He will still have that body at the end of the world.

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back.The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: - Revelation 4:1-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation4:1-10&version=NKJV

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. - Revelation 19:11-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation19:11-16&version=NKJV

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi! The salvation was taken from the Jews and given to Gentiles for a reason. I wouldn't believe the Jews at all.

Also, please read scripture a bit better. God the Father calls Jesus God.

Hebrews 1
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?
And again:

“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?
6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”
7 And of the angels He says:

“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
8 But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

(God's (Jesus') throne in His Kingdom is forever and ever. This is what God the Father said to God the Son)

Good to read someone now on TOL who is not a jughead?
Thanks, Kat

Panda

It says "flesh and blood cannot inherit]/B] the Kingdom of God.

Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.”But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?”So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.And He took it and ate in their presence. - Luke 24:36-43 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke24:36-43&version=NKJV

Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” - John 20:24-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John20:24-29&version=NKJV

And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them.Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven.And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God. Amen. - Luke 24:50-53 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke24:50-53&version=NKJV

And that He will still have that body at the end of the world.

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back.The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: - Revelation 4:1-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation4:1-10&version=NKJV

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. - Revelation 19:11-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation19:11-16&version=NKJV

Then He only entered as bone? Flesh can't be there. But why do you ignore that He is a Spirit? Wasn't He a Spirit before coming in the flesh? Yes. So He goes back deformed with flesh? That seems ridiculous. God is perfect and not deformed. God is Spirit as He always was.

And Paul talks about this to people. Paul says on earth you have one body and in heaven another body.

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1 Corinthians 15:44

Jesus was raised from the dead right? What does the verse say was He raised as a spirit or as flesh again? Not flesh!

And good example you mentioned but you're missing the key elements. Jesus appeared and disappeared in front of people. This is not a man. God was in Spirit form again and when He needed to speak with us again He put on flesh. But He was in Spirit again after death. Don't ignore what it says. Humans can't appear and disappear.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

It says "flesh and blood cannot inherit]/B] the Kingdom of God.

It may come out as human flesh, and may have been interpreted that way; however, it cannot be of the same nature of human flesh, as when Thomas put his hand in the wounds they did not react like human flesh, or Scripture would have noted it. When we think about it, why should it be like human flesh, as to what use would it be in heaven? We need no blood, or flesh, since we do not have to eat or defecate.

We will be like angels, and yet be their judge.

Panda

It may come out as human flesh, and may have been interpreted that way; however, it cannot be of the same nature of human flesh, as when Thomas put his hand in the wounds they did not react like human flesh, or Scripture would have noted it. When we think about it, why should it be like human flesh, as to what use would it be in heaven? We need no blood, or flesh, since we do not have to eat or defecate.

We will be like angels, and yet be their judge.

Correct. God was only manifested in the flesh but isn't even flesh.

We will be like angels indeed. Our current body has no place in heaven as Paul writes.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Correct. God was only manifested in the flesh but isn't even flesh.

We will be like angels indeed. Our current body has no place in heaven as Paul writes.

God came though His Son, Jesus, who was 100 % human and 100% God. Since His resurrection He is now 100 % God.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God came though His Son, Jesus, who was 100 % human and 100% God. Since His resurrection He is now 100 % God.
Let's be careful here.

The resurrected Person of Jesus Christ exists in heaven as one Person, having two natures, fully God and fully man now having a glorified body (just as we will have in our glory). Our Lord's resurrection did not obliterate that assumed human nature, else we have no true advocate before God the Father.

See:

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/anhypostasis-what-kind-of-flesh-did-jesus-take

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/enhypostasis-what-kind-of-flesh-did-the-word-become

AMR

Panda

The resurrected Person of Jesus Christ exists in heaven as one Person, having two natures, fully God and fully man, in a glorified body (just as we will have in our glory). His resurrection did not obliterate that assumed human nature, else we have no true advocate before God the Father.

See:

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/anhypostasis-what-kind-of-flesh-did-jesus-take

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/enhypostasis-what-kind-of-flesh-did-the-word-become

AMR

You are trying really hard to change what scripture says but it says God is a Spirit not that God is Spirit and man. I'm sorry.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:24

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are trying really hard to change what scripture says but it says God is a Spirit not that God is Spirit and man. I'm sorry.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Rather than responding 11 minutes after my post, take the time to read over the linked content in my post. It is important.

Our Lord was (and resurrected now is) fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity (God the Son) assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

One can best understand this mystical union (together united in one distinguishable subsistence) by examining what it is not, thus from the process of elimination determine what it must be.

The mystical union of the divine and human natures of Our Lord is not:

1. a denial that our Lord was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that our Lord had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct subsistence in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct subsistences (often called persons) (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that our Lord existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

Don't fall into one (or more) of the heresies identified above. If you cannot label each of the 11 items above, prefaced by the words "is not" as "True," you have some deficiencies in your understanding of Christology.

AMR

Panda

Our Lord was (and resurrected now is) fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity (God the Son) assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.
Can I get a verse for this because only verse about God that I see is that God is a Spirit.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
He is fully God. He only temporary became human but is fully God. God the Father even calls Jesus God in Hebrews.

GOD became man permanently... forever.

Declared by the Apostle Paul, post-resurrection and post-ascension:

1Ti 2:5 For there is[present tense] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man[Anthropos] Christ Jesus;

Panda

GOD became man permanently... forever.

Declared by the Apostle Paul, post-resurrection and post-ascension:

1Ti 2:5 For there is[present tense] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man[Anthropos] Christ Jesus;

Temporarily. God is only a Spirit and not a man. He only manifested Himself as a man the bible says. You're adding to scripture.

Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Temporarily. God is only a Spirit and not a man. He only manifested Himself as a man the bible says. You're adding to scripture.

Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Context, context, context.
Numbers is correct, GOD was not a man during the time of Moses.
GOD became a man 1500 years later.

The GOD/man Jesus Christ will return the same way he left... 'this same Jesus'.

Panda

Context, context, context.
Numbers is correct, GOD was not a man during the time of Moses.
GOD became a man 1500 years later.

The GOD/man Jesus Christ will return the same way he left... 'this same Jesus'.

I see you wish to rewrite scripture.

Change these two verses too.

Make these verses say instead...

God is a Spirit and man.

And that flesh can enter heaven.

I, however, will stick to scripture and say God is a Spirit and that no flesh is in heaven as Paul said. Cheers.