Is Jesus a demigod?

glorydaz

I guess I imagine people who did good works but that it was performance based.

We see unbelievers doing good works every single day, Jacob. That certainly doesn't mean they are saved or members of the body of Christ. It certainly doesn't mean they have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them. They are natural men of the flesh.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We see unbelievers doing good works every single day, Jacob. That certainly doesn't mean they are saved or members of the body of Christ. It certainly doesn't mean they have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them. They are natural men of the flesh.

I am unused to this. I grew up in the church studying the Bible.

glorydaz

Growing up pretty much everyone was. Until Community College. But it was a school in the city I went to church in.

That's a problem for you, Jacob, because not all who claim to be saved are saved. You, like most men, cannot see into the hearts of man. You cannot see what their motives are. You cannot see what they do behind closed doors. Therefore, you are judging according to the flesh, which is not how we're to judge anyone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's a problem for you, Jacob, because not all who claim to be saved are saved. You, like most men, cannot see into the hearts of man. You cannot see what their motives are. You cannot see what they do behind closed doors. Therefore, you are judging according to the flesh, which is not how we're to judge anyone.
You can only judge what you see. It takes something more to judge more. But no one should be judged like this. Basically, if you don't know something don't make a judgment.

genuineoriginal

It's right here. You can't see? :think:

God, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, Christ be in you....

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.​
I see the verses you quoted mention "he that raised up Christ from the dead".
This is made evern clearer in other verses:

Acts 3:26
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.​

God raised His Son Jesus from the dead.
That is two different beings, not one.

glorydaz

I see the verses you quoted mention "he that raised up Christ from the dead".
This is made evern clearer in other verses:

Acts 3:26
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.​

God raised His Son Jesus from the dead.
That is two different beings, not one.

One being, different persons.

Jesus said He would raise Himself, too. John 2:19, 21-22
They are ONE GOD. Since they are ONE, they can all lay claim to it.

The key is found here. It's the Holy Spirit that does the actual quickening.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.​

genuineoriginal

One being, different persons.
You are claiming that God has a mental disorder, which is not true.

Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder, is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring personality states.

The key is found here. It's the Holy Spirit that does the actual quickening.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.​
That would make us God, which is also not true.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can only judge what you see. It takes something more to judge more. But no one should be judged like this. Basically, if you don't know something don't make a judgment.

There are a lot of different things people would or might say about judgment or judging others. We are not to judge outsiders.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and I am an adopted son of God. You said that I am not a son of The Most High God. I am.

I must say that I do not have anything to say simply that I am adopted. There is the adoption as sons but the objection has been that this is not for now.

Wolguar

Jesus is the Son of God. He is the product of a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother, but on Earth he was born to a body by Mary. He is kind of a demigod, but it is most appropriate that we just call him the Son of God. We should show gratitude for his atonement and come to love him and our Heavenly Father. Luke 1: 28-35. The bible also has accounts showing God head as three separate beings: Matthew 3:16-17, Mark 1:9-11, and Luke 3: 21-22. Also fun fact in the scriptures they italicize words added to make it make sense. That by no means means it is always the correct interpretation. Translating can be pretty tricky as I am hungry in French is I have hunger (J'ai faim). No, my name is not hungry and I am not the embodiment of hunger, but stuff like that exists.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the Son of God. He is the product of a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother, but on Earth he was born to a body by Mary. He is kind of a demigod, but it is most appropriate that we just call him the Son of God. We should show gratitude for his atonement and come to love him and our Heavenly Father. Luke 1: 28-35. The bible also has accounts showing God head as three separate beings: Matthew 3:16-17, Mark 1:9-11, and Luke 3: 21-22. Also fun fact in the scriptures they italicize words added to make it make sense. That by no means means it is always the correct interpretation. Translating can be pretty tricky as I am hungry in French is I have hunger (J'ai faim). No, my name is not hungry and I am not the embodiment of hunger, but stuff like that exists.

Sorry. No Heavenly Mother for Jesus.

Wolguar

Sorry. No Heavenly Mother for Jesus.
I believe in modern day prophets, modern day revelation and personal revelation. The Lord has so much he wants to teach us all and as James wrote all we have to do is ask God in our prayers and we will receive answers. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's up to you to ask him and find out for yourself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe in modern day prophets, modern day revelation and personal revelation. The Lord has so much he wants to teach us all and as James wrote all we have to do is ask God in our prayers and we will receive answers. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's up to you to ask him and find out for yourself.

You will not find what you said in the Bible.

Wolguar

You will not find what you said in the Bible.
I know that. The Lord has so much knowledge that it seems absurd to me that all truth exists inside an easily misinterpretal book. After a while, it just becomes the blind leading the blind if there is no prophet to lead the church, but maybe I forgot the scripture where Jesus said, "No prophets shall come after me". Some doctrines you can find in the Bible, but I only believe in the Bible as far as it is translated correctly. I also know Jesus is still revealing to his prophets revelation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know that. The Lord has so much knowledge that it seems absurd to me that all truth exists inside an easily misinterpretal book. After a while, it just becomes the blind leading the blind if there is no prophet to lead the church, but maybe I forgot the scripture where Jesus said, "No prophets shall come after me". Some doctrines you can find in the Bible, but I only believe in the Bible as far as it is translated correctly. I also know Jesus is still revealing to his prophets revelation.

If the Bible speaks to a matter it is the Bible that is correct.

What matter do you believe the Bible does not speak about?

It is the sole authority for Christian teaching, instruction, and conduct.

k0de

I have heard some people express that Jesus is a demigod. Reach these people with the gospel, the truth of God's Word the Bible.

dem·i·god

/ˈdemēˌɡäd/

noun

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

"some Roman emperors claimed descent from demigods such as Hercules"

a man who is greatly admired or respected.

"a former juvenile delinquent who would become a counterculture demigod"
I believe that he is not. Many scriptures say that he is not. One of my favorite scripture is: Matthew 16:13-16 (NIV).

"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

What is one of your favorite scripture to back up your claim?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk