Is Jesus a demigod?

glorydaz

There are reasons not to move in either direction.

Deuteronomy 5:32
32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the Lord your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.​

And for when you object to "legalism"

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:​

I am not carried away from the doctrines of scripture by every wind of the doctrines of men.

Ephesians 4:14
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;​

Legalism is looking at scripture as the natural man does.

I wouldn't boast about that if I was you. That's what the Pharisees did.

glorydaz

Since the Bible never teaches anything about God not being singular in nature, you are seeing things that just aren't there.

It's right here. You can't see? :think:

God, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, Christ be in you....

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.​

Zeke

I have heard some people express that Jesus is a demigod. Reach these people with the gospel, the truth of God's Word the Bible.

dem·i·god

/ˈdemēˌɡäd/

noun

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

"some Roman emperors claimed descent from demigods such as Hercules"

a man who is greatly admired or respected.

"a former juvenile delinquent who would become a counterculture demigod"

Pretty much if one can't progress past his base/flesh symbolic application 2 Corinthians 5:16, introductory level teaching as represented by one man's experience in God's house, 1 Corinthians 3:16, Luke 17:20-21, 2 Corinthians 13:5, etc. if the flesh allegory isn't introverted the outward version becomes an adulterated idol instead of a way shower for all men to emulate, the only begotten son in us in that singular portrayal symbolized by Jesus/Isaac a son of promise, which is plurality applied to the experience of all being called to wake up, we cry Abba within as babes begotten quickened by or younger spiritual sibling awaking in our flesh mentality earthy, Galatians 4:6-7, we are from that one Spirit from the liberated Jerusalem mentality above, heavenly, the mother of us all John 12:24.

Until we see it as our way the idol will be our head while we stay as bondservant's in our own house instead of becoming Sons able to claim our own right to the governance of the power of I AM well, sick, weak, unable,............ Abba, Abba,....... has to transcend the flesh sibling's will to labor in appearances to please men. the brass servant served a purpose that the people afterwards worshipped the image/symbol instead of the spirit doing the healing in them, image is the natural mans instinct to follow icon worship.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Pretty much if one can't progress past his base/flesh symbolic application 2 Corinthians 5:16, introductory level teaching as represented by one man's experience in God's house, 1 Corinthians 3:16, Luke 17:20-21, 2 Corinthians 13:5, etc. if the flesh allegory isn't introverted the outward version becomes an adulterated idol instead of a way shower for all men to emulate, the only begotten son in us in that singular portrayal symbolized by Jesus/Isaac a son of promise, which is plurality applied to the experience of all being called to wake up, we cry Abba within as babes begotten quickened by or younger spiritual sibling awaking in our flesh mentality earthy, Galatians 4:6-7, we are from that one Spirit from the liberated Jerusalem mentality above, heavenly, the mother of us all John 12:24.

Until we see it as our way the idol will be our head while we stay as bondservant's in our own house instead of becoming Sons able to claim our own right to the governance of the power of I AM well, sick, weak, unable,............ Abba, Abba,....... has to transcend the flesh sibling's will to labor in appearances to please men. the brass servant served a purpose that the people afterwards worshipped the image/symbol instead of the spirit doing the healing in them, image is the natural mans instinct to follow icon worship.

Hopefully you do not accept Jesus as a demigod as that would be a pagan practice to do so.

glorydaz

Sinners or righteous sounding people?

True believers. Those with the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

No, the people in the first century that were righteous that you are against because they are sinners too.

glorydaz

No, the people in the first century that were righteous that you are against because they are sinners too.

What in the world are you talking about? Who are you claiming I'm against?

I'm speaking of those with the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What in the world are you talking about? Who are you claiming I'm against?

I'm speaking of those with the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.
Read back two posts before this one. I am following what you said and asking about it. That is not what you said. I think you said the opposite.

glorydaz

The natural man would be who or whom?

Those without the Spirit of God dwelling in them.

Sinners or righteous sounding people?

Still don't know what you're talking about. In order to have spiritual discernment, we must have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. It's a matter of man's wisdom or the Spirit's teachings.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​