Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

jzeidler

Hey everyone. I have a challenge for you. Everyone has been taught that in order to be forgiven after you're a Christian you have to confess your sins constantly and repent of them. Can anyone find me 5 bible verses, in the New Testament, after Jesus was crucified to support constant confession in order to gain forgiveness?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
all you have to do is stop sinning
and
you will have to confess the lie
if
you say you have stopped sinning

john w

Hall of Fame
What sin/sins? Only enemies need reconciliation-the war is over.

The "short account-ers," to the LORD God "probation officer:"

Now, just how much do I owe you, for this gift?

glorydaz

Hey everyone. I have a challenge for you. Everyone has been taught that in order to be forgiven after you're a Christian you have to confess your sins constantly and repent of them. Can anyone find me 5 bible verses, in the New Testament, after Jesus was crucified to support constant confession in order to gain forgiveness?

There are none.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
if you're kept busy confessing your sins all the time, how will you find time to sin?

1PeaceMaker

I don't have any and don't think anyone can give you 5 verses to that effect.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, we need to ask forgiveness daily because we are all sinners..

Made up. Paul refers to members of the boc as saints, never as sinners. The most carnal group of, yes, forever justified members of the boc, the Corinthians, Paul always referred to as "saints." 'Sinners" is a named reserved for only lost people, such as yourself.

Good day to you, sir.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christians who admit they are sinners remind themselves to be humble.

it is good thing to be humble.

God uses and used all kinds of humble people for His glory.